Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I figured I'd post on this, but its a nice little company that is out there. Web based but they do something for the "I need to know about emergencies and warnings" for when I'm not in the best of areas to see about a TV or a Radio. Yes, I know that I rely on my cell phone but the fact that they can work through to help is great. Plus the fact that they cover on amber alerts and other things comes in handy. I figured I'd just put this up, as I can cover for the monthly fee they put up and it is a nice little thing.

If anything, they got a web site at civildispatch.com and before its thought, No I am not doing the "Lets use this as free advertising." This is just my short review on it. I'll be posting more and more as I get to work with it more.

·
Problem with authority
388 Posts
Interesting. I'll be poking my eye in here to see what you have to say about it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi SlkVoom and CapnJack, thank you for your interest in our services. We received an alert from Google this morning telling us you had mentioned our company and services on this website. We had never been to preparedsociety before so thank you for bringing them on our radar.

Our alerting services can be pretty much used for any type of situation and by anyone, being a person using it for their family or a company using it to alert their employees and/or customers. We have the ability to integrate into ANY existing external framework so you can use our communications center pretty much for anything you could ever dream of. Most of our service uses were actually created by our own members.

We have also been very busy working on our Civil Dispatch Emergency Alert Mapping Service, or CDEAMS for short. This is pretty much with the Federal Government is trying to build with all of the communications providers throughout the States as well as our bordering neighbors.

Civil Dispatch Emergency Alert Mapping Service "CDEAMS" is currently in BETA and will soon launch giving our members access to REAL-TIME emergency alerts as reported to their respected agency. Disaster monitoring includes HAZMAT, FAA, Auto, Seismic, Civil Disturbance, Airplane Accident and Incident Monitor, Climate Change Event, Climate Change News, Disaster Information, Earthquake Data - M2.0, Epidemic and Biology Hazard Warning Message, Tropical Storm Monitoring, Tsunami Information, UV Index in the USA, Volcano Status Monitoring, Forest / Wildfire, Volcano Status Monitoring and more.

If you have any questions regarding our company and services please do not hesitate to let us know, we are happy to answer them.

Thank you again for your interest and for putting PreparedSociety.com on our map.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So far, the process is working pretty well. I am enjoying the use of it. I will admit I do use it for some of the personal things on the side as well as the "their might be something wrong" kind of thing that pops up.

It does take a little bit to use but it does come in handy so far. I've been pretty pleased with the fact that it is a fast response out to those who I have put into it. I went with the cheapest plan but at this time I'm contemplating moving it up a step or two. The added tools does give the benefit that instead of waiting to see what happens in the news, I can see a few things before they hit. I would honestly recommend this if your looking for being prepared before everything goes down. Mostly as it can be useful in that regard for the moments before bugging out. If the system goes down after, and it still works then great. If not, well, then it was a helpful measure to make sure you could bug out easily enough.

I can also see how it could be useful for a company to use for beyond the emergency hits and as a quick page service or such as well. Honestly, give it a shot and try it out a month is my recommendation. If it doesn't do you good then okay. If it does, then you got another tool to help benefit yourself and others.

·
Just getting started. Always.
1,810 Posts
We received an alert from Google this morning telling us you had mentioned our company and services on this website.

I dont have an opinion on this company, and I am not trying to demean what they (you) do in any way, it sounds like a good idea...but...

I dont like that, not one bit.
Fed the federal reserve!

:wave:

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Funny. I was thinking the same thing. :eek:

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
Jessica Biel, Jessica Biel, Jessice Biel.

I am hoping Google let's her know I mentioned her on this site. Hey Jessica, PM me. ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And I can now say that as the person who put this up for review, then watching the high jack on the end with the big thing that Immolatus did was not the best. I put this out as a review and the company chimed in. They paid attention some to whats being said.

Then some goes along and rips into them like that. Not the best way to be seen as not a troll.

·
Registered
217 Posts
And I can now say that as the person who put this up for review, then watching the high jack on the end with the big thing that Immolatus did was not the best. I put this out as a review and the company chimed in. They paid attention some to whats being said.

Then some goes along and rips into them like that. Not the best way to be seen as not a troll.
OPSEC - Operational Security. Something all preppers should be concerned about, so when Goggle or the company, whoever, goes and highjacks a thread on this forum, it causes all of us be concerned. Immolatus only said what the rest of us were thinking.

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
So you joined up and posted a review, then suddenly the company itself is somehow alerted and they show up, then people post their thoughts about all that and you come back to defend the company by suggesting OTHER people are trolls.... Very interesting....

·
713 Posts
Seriously sounds like a bunch of sales people. And I'm not putting my name on some company attached to big brother. Definitely a way for BB to find out who, what, where, etc. I'm not usually the paranoid type, but this seems too creepy to me. Do what you guys want, but not I!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Although your insight and personal perception is completely inaccurate we do appreciate your feedback. We are unsure about Sentry18's comments as no one from our company hasn't suggested anyone is a "Troll" or really know what that means for the matter. To respond to Startingout-Blair's response: our company was founded by a civilian who like you is not a fan of big government. The company was originally started as an AMBER Alert service for the Omaha Nebraska and surrounding area and then the service grew to many rural school and emergency providers. It was only since the passage of the NDAA did our founder device to open the alerting services to the generalized public as a rapid emergency delivery system. Our systems are not in away involved in, with, are working with any Federal program, department, or agency. Our data is 100% secured and only available to the member themselves. The only way anyone would ever access your data is through the member's login and password. We would hope that you would take a closer look at the alerting services we do provide and it although it might not alter your "creepy" perception we would hope it would assist you in how civilians might use our services for their family's protection and the extension of their emergency alerting capabilities.

·
Not Quite Done Yet
13 Posts
Guys understand that Google runs a search service that looks for everything then sorts out certain words that it's customers pay for. Works like the old newspaper clipping services.
As to whether this is a shill type operation I have no idea.
Nothing posted on the internet is truly private. I have learned that over time myself.
I use a similar service for local weather alerts and have had a good experience for quite some time.
Just my input folks. YMMV

Hey this is really a neat service. Lets you set up your own broadcast network . Could be family, friends, co-workers, club members any group you want . Kinda sounds like a neat deal if you need it.
Just my 2cents.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts