Civic duty common sense what?

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by readytogo, Jul 17, 2017.

1. readytogo

readytogo ExCommunicated

I have watch costumers after customers’ berated and insult this young employees right in front of the floor managers without saying a word in defense of them some to the point of tears my own daughter has come home so upset from dealing with unruly customers that she just could explode in anger, why do society most allow this to happen why are we giving in to this acts of bad behavior instead of confronting them and exposing them for what they are. Veteran gets fired for doing the right thing the civic thing the common sense thing, have we totally loss our minds .Home Depot claims that they have train security to deal with this, have you taken the time to really look at this security people at Home Depot, because around my area they could stop a blind man, hell half of them don`t speak English.
    'I need to work': Texas veteran says he was fired from Home Depot after confronting shoplifters
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/1...home-depot-after-confronting-shoplifters.html

2. Meerkat

Meerkat Seeking The Truth

This is why we shop at Lowes most of the time if they have what we need.

It is getting to the point that it really does't matter much though. Soon they will bankrupt all the good ones and leave us no choice.

3. Grimm

Grimm There is a place in Hell for me...the THRONE.

Back in the day I worked for a chain record store. I enjoyed my job but then what teen does just want to listen to music all day and get paid. Out of the blue we had a guy walk out and set the alarms off. Normally people stop but he kept walking. I ran out the door after him and took down his license plate number. We called the police and gave them the number and description.

A few weeks later an officer came to the store to talk to those of us that were there that day. We all picked the guy out of a photo line up. Turns out he has a twin (whose car it was) and tried to blame him for the theft. None of us picked the twin out of the line up.

Of course corporate doesn't even say thank you to us. Instead the two of us fulltimers involved lost our health coverage and our fulltime status. I stayed on til that holiday season then quit right in the middle of the holiday rush.

4. Meerkat

When the culture of a nation changes and history is propagandized by multicultural all bidding for the spoils of the nation they came to change instead of join this is what you get.
    Like someone wrote, "A sovereign within a sovereign is a monster".

Civic duty can't exist in a uncivilized society.

There is no England anymore nor is their a America. Our servants are now our masters and our courts our enemies.

This song below came out about the time London Bridge was falling down.

Living On A Thin Line, The Kinks. Beautiful scots,celtics,gaelics......

https://youtu.be/HSUbn9qE8iY

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  5. Sentry18

Sentry18 Well-Known Member

As an LEO I have nothing to add. Everyone I encounter is pleasant, cooperative and thankful. It's basically a huge happy hug fest of love and tolerance. Which is good because they are only three things that I hate: people who are rude, people who are intolerant of other cultures and the Dutch.

6. readytogo

readytogo ExCommunicated

I just left the store, a shopper drop a wad of $20`s and walk away with her cell phone stuck in her ear ,another lady pick it up and she look at me ,I yell at the lady and still she continue to walk away ,finally a clerk stop the lady which return for her cash ,not one word of thanks to the lady or me for her money. Is a sick little world out there folks ,the lady who pickup the cash look like she could have used it ,but instead did the right thing.

7. Meerkat

Me too! Especially those intolerant and aggressive. Most LEO's are not so lucky as you are they deal with violence and crime.

Common Core has dumbed down the smart kids. Nobody's child will escape the violence in time it will be everywhere.

When a 1st grader gets attacked because of the color of his skin that tells a lot. When all the violence is in all our major cities and even small towns it is time to face facts.

I don't see a positive change coming any time soon. for some big kid to go into a bathroom and beat up a smaller one because he is different that affects us all.

8. Sentry18

Nope not true. All violence and crime is just made up by Fox news to rile up the right. Fear is their best weapon against reason. I once had a woman get made at me over a parking ticket, that was crazy. She even raised her voice!

9. crabapple

crabapple I sold my soul to the internet

That will all stop when we pay $15.00 min wage.:D

My daughter was a waitress, & got $100.00 tip from a couple, because she did her job & the a group of 4 at the next table ran her legs off & gave her no tip.
    So some times good cam happen.

I never blame the wait person for bad food, if it can not be made right, I blame manger to their face. But the wait person still gets the tip, they are not the cook & not tipping will not chance the manger mind, just cheat the wait person.

10. Grimm

Grimm There is a place in Hell for me...the THRONE.

I agree except when the food is cold. It is the wait staff's job to watch the line to make sure the food is taken out promptly. If they get too busy to take it out and it is cold they need to put the order in again and let their table know.

Can you tell I'm bitter about this!?

11. Sentry18

Not to mention when I say no-this or extra-that and it gets ignored. We eat low carb and I don't want things like croutons on my salad, so when I say no croutons even if you did not make the salad make sure there are NO croutons! Each person is responsible for their part. I am a horrible tipper but my wife is very generous. And she pays the bill 99% of the time and we go out to the same places 80% of the time; wait staff usually love us.

12. crabapple

crabapple I sold my soul to the internet

I agree, but it has never happen to me.

13. RedBeard

RedBeard Guest

Why the dutch? Because of their crazy income taxes? My sisyer in law is dutch and i love breaking her stones about that. She takes it well.

14. Meerkat

I think that is a hidden message?

15. Sentry18

For starters I am part Dutch. In fact I am part a whole LOT of things, including Irish. I am about as multicultural as one can get, just did a DNA test to prove it.

But that line is from the movie Austin Powers Goldmember.

[​IMG]

16. Meerkat

Well I think we all have a few different ethnic DNA's crusinng around in us, but that has nothing to do with culture. :)

17. AmishHeart

AmishHeart Well-Known Member

Hmmm...I was going to ask the same thing.
    I speak some Pennsylvanian Dutch. But am not Dutch. Pure German/Swiss ancestry

18. terri9630

terri9630 Internet Princess

I knew where the comment came from. My kids love those movies.

19. Sentry18

So did my little sister, who made me watch them like 100 times.