Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Inconspicuous Been Around Guy
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"No Escape" starring Owen Wilson in a dramatic role.
We've read the articles by survival experts and security experts about foreign travel and returning home safely.

This film shows how the whammy hits broadside and the protagonists never have a clue, nor a warning before the crisis dissolves into utter chaos and violence. Characterization and the plot drive this film faster than the revolutionaries chasing the American family.

Some will look at it and say, "they made so many mistakes at the start of this."
Actually, the lead character made a dynamic and smart decision and it went downhill from there.

Spoiler Alert!! (nawww....go see it.)

War Room has been recommended on other boards. It is about the power of prayer and a spiritual mentor guiding her protégé.

Maze Runner second in the series is surprisingly good with two guest stars who meet the role. One I couldn't place until near the end of the movie.
Spoiler Alert!! (Naw, go see it.)

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
Might have to check 'em out. Especially interested in No Escape. Last movie I went to in the theater was San Andreas. Typical Hollywood BS / predictable take on things but still fairly thrilling. You can tell I don't go out to see movies very often.

Several months ago someone posted on here about prepper/survival movie about rule of law coming to an end and a group of people ending up in a cabin in the woods. They even posted a video of the trailer. Haven't heard a word about it since.

·
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haven't heard anymore about "Rule of Law" either. Some movies go from the set/studio/editing suites and straight to video sales. Check out Red Box and Netflix and see how many movies there are which NEVER saw the inside of a cinema.

"No Escape" does have one ironic and peculiar scene at the end. (Spoiler Alert!)

I saw "San Andreas" as simply weekend escape entertainment. "Fast and Furious 7" was almost as good as I expected considering the reality of the cast.

"Spy" was campy fun as well as "Man From Uncle." "Paper Towns" was good, the last installment of "Divergent" and "Hunger Games" are improving their quality.

"Interstellar" will be a classic science fiction, a real classic.

Now I am awaiting the latest "Star Wars" and the latest Rocky movie about Junior Apollo Creed. That one looks promising.

·
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Black Mass is a must see for any enthusiasts of crime dramas and historical pieces based on true stories. Johnny Depp exceeded himself in this one.

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
I think we're both equal on being movie buffs, only I'm pretty sure your timeline is very different from mine. I have a home theater because it's considerably easier to sit in my own home and watch a movie then it is to get up to a theater based on my needy occupation and family size. I can't even remember the last movie I went to where I didn't have to step out in the hallway at least once to answer a telephone call or text message from work. Not to mention how many movies I missed the ending of because I had to leave for work. The last movie we all went to as a family cost in excess of $110. So I choose to wait until the digital edition is released to see most movies.

·
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I of coarse, enjoy the convention of cinema attendance. In Humble, Texas I can get a Makers Mark bourbon and soda and enjoy the evening show. For the matinee, I enjoy a Seattle's Best and Milk Duds.

I off my phone.

·
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does anyone "smuggle" snacks into the cinema? I mean, at $4-5 for a candy bar that is a buck at WalMart...just aksin'

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
Alcohol in a theater is a NO-GO here. Cinemas cannot get liquor licenses and if you get caught bringing in your own you are subject to citation and removal from the theater. And people will quickly inform the attendants if they see it.

I sneak in snacks all the time. Not just because their stuff is crazy overpriced, but because they rarely offer anything even halfway healthy. I tend to bring in stuff like homemade beef jerky, wasabi almonds, cocoa almonds, macadamia nuts, etc. Of course I do get a very-unhealthy Coke Zero, because I love fountain soda. When we take the kids my wife will make chocolate covered pretzels or something like that and smuggle it in her purse. But then we usually buy a popcorn and bottled water too. They always get more of our money that they should but then we balance it with some contraband too. BTW here it is not illegal to violate a "no outside food or drink" sign, but it might be some places.

·
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This cinema with the bar is inside of a mall, no outside access. The bar is not always open either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.