Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Afraid, very afraid
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Christian Families Murdered in Egypt - Latest Update

Posted by Kathleen Gose on February 4, 2011 at 9:04pm in Tea Party Nation Forum
"Two Islamic supremacist groups took time out from demonstrating for the end of the Mubarak regime and the beginning of Muslim Brotherhood rule to fight against the People of the Book, as commanded by Qur'an 9:29.

"Muslims Attack Two Christian Families in Egypt, 11 Killed," by Mary Abdelmassih for AINA, February 3 (thanks to Pamela Geller):
(AINA) -- News of a massacre of two Christian Coptic families by Islamists just emerged from Upper Egypt with the return of the Internet connections after a week of Internet blackout by the Egyptian regime. The massacre took place on Sunday, January 30 at 3 PM in the village of Sharona near Maghagha, Minya province. Two Islamists groups, aided by the Muslim neighbors, descended on the roof of houses owned by Copts, killing eleven Copts, including children, and seriously injuring four others.
Anba Agathon, Bishop of Maghagha, told Coptic activist Dr. Mona Roman in a televised interview on Al-Karma TV that the killers are their neighbors, who seized the opportunity of the mayhem prevailing in Egypt and the absence of police protection to slaughter the Copts. He said that he visited today the four injured Copts, who escaped death despite being shot, at Maghagha General Hospital and they told him that they recognized the main attackers as they come from the same village of Sharona. They gave the Bishop details of what happened."
"The two families were staying in their homes with their doors locked when suddenly the Islamists descended on them," said Bishop Agathon, "killing eleven and leaving for dead four others family members. In addition, they looted everything that was in the two Coptic houses, including money, furniture and electrical equipment. They also looted livestock and grain."...

source for news report above: http://www.jihadwatch.org/2011/02/muslims-attack-christian-families...

·
Registered
983 Posts
How terrible. Did anyone hear this on the national news????? Of course not. If it isn't fluffy they don't report it. They wouldn't want to upset the sheeple.

·
Registered
87 Posts
THat's a pretty common thing in the middle east as far as muslim treatment of christians ,jews or any other non muslims is concerned.The media won't report it because frankly they don't give a damn and also a claim of a fascist islamophobe is immidiatly attached if you mention something.

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
but... but... Christians committed attrocities too!... :rolleyes:

(700+ YEARS ago, the 9th crusade ended in 1272)

then a few of things called The Rennaissance, The Reformation, and The Industrial Revolution happened...

somebody please remind me, how many muslims have been killed in America (and the kilers been sanctioned) just for being muslims?

JUST SUCK IT, politically correct moral/social relativists :mad:

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
We're being intentionally misled by the media, by political pundits and by the Obama administration about the upheaval in the Middle East. Many, many commentators, spokespeople, and bought-and-paid-for 'experts' would like us to believe that the turmoil is an unequivocally good thing. But revolutions are always dangerous, and almost impossibly difficult to control. Think of the revolutions (and their subsequent fallout) in Russia, Cuba, China and Iran for starters.

When tremendous events move so quickly, as they have in North Africa and the Middle East over the past month, we struggle to make sense of it all. We try to give it all some meaning, we try to find historical analogies, and we try to find the right words to define, even if it's just to ourselves, what we're seeing. One of the words that journalists like CNN's Anderson Cooper and The New York Times' Tom Friedman casually toss around when trying to find motivation for Arab unrest is "democracy"--as in pro-democracy movement.

But are we seeing an Arab pro-democracy movement? I don't really know, but probably not. First, it seems that it's only Westerners who are describing the events in Egypt, Yemen, Tunisia, Morocco and Libya as a democracy movement. But when you hear animated Arabs on the street talking, they are more often expressing rage at their rulers rather than any yearning for democracy.

But even when cries for democracy do come from these popular new Arab freedom fighters, what do they really mean? Here's a very quick recap of Dr. Fears' (Professor of Classics at the university of Oklahoma) comments on NPR's Weekend Edition with Scott Simon.

Simon: Is democracy a universal human value?

Fears: No democracy is not. It is not a native value in the Middle East, it is not a native value in the historical civilization of China, it is not a native value in the historical civilization of India. It developed in Greece, and no people have ever had a true democracy who were not touched in some way by the genius of the Greeks... Many people in many places at many times have chosen the perceived security of a strong ruler--an authoritarian ruler, even a despotic ruler--over the awesome responsibility of self-government. That has historically been the choice in the Middle East, that is to say autocracy, since the birth of civilization in the Middle East, in Iraq and Egypt 5,000 years ago.

Simon: But at this point in the 21st century, what do we make of cries for democracy?

Fears: Cries for democracy are generally a subterfuge for simply a change in government... cries for democracy can simply be a desire to have a 'legitimate' form for a totalitarian government."
--------------------------------------------------------------
The sort of authoritarian, even dictatorial regimes, that rule most of the countries in the modern Islamic Middle East, are a modern creation, the pre-modern regimes were much more open, much more tolerant. And I think that the root of these protest movements sweeping across the region is the Arab peoples' widespread sense of injustice, which seems to have been inordinately misdirected, by the various Powers That Be in the region, towards Israel as a means of offering a convenient 'other' (scapegoat) as a target.

A mad dash to overnight Western-style elections, far from representing a solution to the region's difficulties, would just be a dangerous aggravation of the problem, and I fear that the most radical of the Islamo-fascist movements are already best placed to exploit so misguided a move. A much better course seems to be to encourage the gradual development of local, self-governing institutions, in accordance with the well-documented Islamic tradition of "consultation."

Also, I don't think it was a coincidence that the current unrest erupted first in Tunisia, the one Arab country where women play a significant part in public life. The role of women in determining the future of the Arab world will be crucial, and I have found that there are worse things in life than considering the female perspective.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am afraid for the safety of Christians in Muslim countries

i have friends and relatives who worked in the middle east and I am afraid for their lives. They are safe their per say, when they are within the barracks boundary and when they go shopping in group.

In foreign country it is not safe to go and discover places alone, how much more in this foreign muslim country.

I do not mean to degrade them, but it has been the testimonies of my friends and relatives that it is not safe to be alone in those countries. Their are many good and loving people their, but their are also ferocious as well-even to take lives :cry:

·
Registered
444 Posts
As a non-christian Polytheist, I am sometimes afraid in this country when I think about what some of our politicians and their posses, would like to see. I agree radical islam is evil, but then radical anything.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
The plan for the muslims to bring in the NWO is escalating.

it started many years ago.Muslism are mighty warriors and world leaders use them and their theocratic system to do their killing for them.Place radical dictators and imans over the ignorant and impoverished.Mostly CIA KGB and Britiish who lead this evil from what I've read.

Democrats,republicans most independants are all invovled.

Reagan weakened our nation with uncontrolled immigrationlied about putting up fence after giving 2 million amnesty[many of whom were muslims] plus their families.
Bush destroyed the nation of Georgia and handed it over to radicals,Clintons did the same to Balkans.
All helped set up radicals in Africa,India,Pakastan,Thialand,etc.
All while we watched the game,race or shopped.
:surrender:

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Anyone hear about 'The Republic of Sudan'?The south this week has seperated from the Muslim Brotherhoods invaders from the north.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts