Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
Just seeing the word fluoride in water raises my concern .. that it is Chinese fluoride raises it up a couple more notches.

The water here is Calgary is "infused" with chlorine and fluoride and such. I will only drink the water after the chlorine and fluoride have evaporated or has been filtered out. Otherwise, it is only used for flushin' the toilet.

·
Administrator
2,248 Posts
Chinese Fluoride In Mass. Water Raises Concern - Boston News Story - WCVB Boston

Department of Public Works Director Rob Desmarais said after he mixes the white powder with water, 40 percent of it will not dissolve.

"I don't know what it is," Desmarais said. "It's not soluble, and it doesn't appear to be sodium fluoride. So we are not quite sure what it is."
I find not knowing what it is troubling. How do you not know what it is. Isn't this what we have scientist for?

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
What exactly is the Recommended Daily Allowance for cadmium, anyway?

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
I guess it's time toput the filter back on the kitchen faucet again, not sure why we took it off in the first place.:confused:

·
Meoww
643 Posts
Well if these idiots would stop using things from CHINA, then we all would be better off! :gaah:

·
Registered
348 Posts
I don't understand why they were buying flouride from China in the first place. There is plenty of it available locally in abundance. It's just that not many mining companies in the US are digging for it these days.

Flouride itself is completely harmless and really is good for your teeth as long as it is in small amounts. Drinking a heavy dose of the stuff, however, is poisonous.

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
To me, fluoride is a good-thing to be scrubbing into my teeth with a toothbrush, but, ingesting it isn't a good thing. Something else to think about. For the majority of north american's, over 90% of a person's monthly water usage is not for drinking, but for plants, washing and toilets (etc).

Plants = indoor house plants, lawn, garden
Washing = clothes, dishes, body, vehicles
Toilets = well, 'nuff said.

Average of 200 gallons of water per person per day
Showering wet down, soap up, rinse off = 4 gallons
Brushing teeth wet brush, rinse briefly, = ½ gallon
Shaving, fill sink basin = 1 gallon
Washing hands fill sink basin = 1 gallon
Tub bath minimal water level = 10 to 12 gallons
Flushing toilet using a smaller tank = 4 to 6 gallons
dishwashing washing and rinsing in the sink = 5 gallons
automatic dishwasher short cycle = 7 gallons
washing machine short cycle with minimal water level = 27 gallons
Outdoor watering average hose = 10 gallons per minute
leaks - even a small drip can add up to 25 gallons per day

Average recommended water per person per day for drinking - 1/2 gallon (2 litre). Remind me again - why do we need flluoride added to our drinking water??

·
Registered
638 Posts
Zombie fluoride, that's what i want then i can be just as big of a tard as the rectualin's we have running this dog and pony show. Then maybe i will understand why they are screwing the mortal H*** outa our way of life, just maybe. Ya reckon?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts