Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, i got in a rather heated discussion with my father last night about the US economic situation........basically i was talking about the billions of dollars that have recently been borrowed from the fed reserve and how if SERIOUS jobs are not created with it, we are certainly doomed.....

his argument was that China would never allow us to fail due to the fact we are their biggest customer and with our collapse would surly be theirs....

My argument was that if our economy failed, china would take a pretty big hit but would easily be able to consume us.......

thoughts?

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
I had the same discussion with my dad a few months ago. He's of the same mind as yours. But the Chinese are already cutting back on their long term (30 year) treasuries and buying record amounts of metals. I feel they are positioning themselves to stop buying our debt altogether. If they do, we better be ready for a rough ride.
I posted this article on the latest treasury sale in another thread, but I'll link to it here also.

Forget Greece, The US Almost Had A Failed Treasury Auction | iStockAnalyst.com

·
58 Posts
Their is a saying, "Keep your friends close and enemies closer". I honestly believe China is truly our enemy. And they have bought up all of America, only to bring about our demise. What better way to bring down a countries demise then to befriend them and have them dependant upon you.

The Chinese are a lot smarter than we give them credit. Do you think the Chinese sending us toxic toys and such is an accident? In our homes you notice most of the products come from China. In fact most of America is owned by China. We are so busy partying and living the pleasant lifestyles of eat, drink and be merry. We think because we are Americans no one can touch us, we are invincible. We have come to the assumption that everyone wants to be us. But pride goeth before a fall.

China knows exactly what they are doing by pretending to be our friends. Flooding us with money, buying up all our property, selling us toxic products that are killing us from within. We have become a mockery to the Chinese, they are chanting "America is falling, America is falling". China, isn't worried about the money. Their real intent is to bring about the demise of a once great nation.

How can you be a great nation when you are printing money out of thin air? Borrowing money and outsourcing all of your jobs? Letting foreigners buy up all your land? China knows all of this, China truly a friend in (DEED)!!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
They are still communist

The relationship between the US and China is not something that concerns me. The Chinese government does not want another cultural revolution, so they are doing everything they can to avoid an economic depression. I don't think they want to take over the US, but at the same time, they don't want the US to bring their economy down.

·
Administrator
2,248 Posts
China produces crap and the majority of the world knows it. We buy out of convenience and price. I think china would be hard pressed to find a trading partner as strong and demanding as the US but I think it could happen. I don't think the Chinese will let us crash and burn but they will let us suffer. A lot is my guess.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Asia is the new growth market in fact all developed countries except the USA are declining in population. They are planing for the growth markets not US domestic or European markets. China has been on a spending spree buying up resources companies, inking long-term mineral leases.

This should scare the crap out of people when the economy turns around much of the resources that make our modern life possible will be foreign owned and headed to foreign markets.

$1.7 billion in two Canadian tar-sands deposits in Alberta.
China Buys Into Canadian Tar Sands Exploitation Project | MINING.com News

major stakes in Canada's Kinross Gold Corp. and Potash Corp

China builds stakes in Canadian mining companies-China Mining

17 per cent stake in Teck Resources, Canada's largest diversified mining company

China buys $1.8bn stake in Canadian miner, Teck | The Australian

China now owns Canada's Verenex Energy Inc

China's CNPC buys Canadian oil firm: company

China Sets Sights On Aussie Farms | Australian Protectionist Party

China among countries buying up farmland around the world

·
Registered
638 Posts
O what a tangled web we weave. China is no friend of our,s or the rest of the world for that matter. Any one who think,s they give a crap if we fail are living in la la land. :nuts: We loose they win. Simple as that. They would be perfectly happy to have our countries resources that,s the target. We as human's don,t mean crap to them, maybe as slave's. Hey, get real check out what they do to their own people. With friend's like that, well you know.

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Just a thought, as you may recall the British Empire where the sun never set do to their presence world wide, were a super power that was second to none, as in 'Britannia ruled the waves'. Hum!
And this was the feeling concerning their massive debt to the United States...

Economics

Some say the "bankers" were involved.

The U.S. had huge economic investments with the British and French. If they were to lose, then they would not be able to pay the U.S. debt back (amounting to about two billion dollars while Germany only borrowed a mere 27 million).

If Allies could not pay back all the loans made to them by the American bankers, the US's economy could collapse.

France and England were financing their war with US loans. In addition, they were buying massive amounts of arms from the US on credit. The US wanted to make sure that it got paid back. Germany also purchased arms, but in a much more limited fashion.
Politics

Propaganda from both sides influenced the American decision.

Woodrow Wilson did not want to go to war but when Teddy Roosevelt decided to run for another term, Wilson felt threatened and announced that there would be a preparedness program and possibly that the country would go to war.

By entering the war, the US got to flex its muscles on the world stage and establish itself as a world power.

After both sides of the Mexican civil war demanded that our troops leave and public opinion badly swayed against US intervention in Mexico, Wilson had no choice but to withdraw. By having the threat of Germany helping Mexico fight back against him, Wilson knew he had to take action. He couldn't go back into Mexico because the American people would not allow it. He really had no beef with Germany, he just wanted to save face before Mexico could fight back.
Ideology

President Wilson wanted to make the world safe for democracy ("Wilson's War Address to Congress").

It was partly for idealistic reasons (propaganda was not seen as an evil until after the Great War). The occupation of Belgium and the sinking of the Lusitania changed a lot people's minds in the US about Germany.

There was more to it than just the submarine warfare and the sinking of the Lusitania although those were the formal and legalistic reasons for declaring war. I think that over time a moral sense had developed that Britain and France were fighting the good fight for freedom against a genuine evil. If that sense had not existed I think the US would have let the Lusitania pass. As it was, it was nearly two years after she was sunk that we finally did declare war.
Now could this have been the downfall of the British Empire perpetrated by the US to become the new worlds' super power.

Could China be setting us up for the same downfall. Could China be the next worlds' super power.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts