China should build the world's strongest military and move swiftly to topple the US

Discussion in 'Politics' started by keepitlow, Mar 16, 2010.

1. keepitlow

keepitlow Well-Known Member

2. TechAdmin

TechAdmin Administrator Staff Member

We went through this and it worked out well for us. China poses little threat to the dominance of the American consumer though. In order to support there own ability to produce they would have to go full on capitalist to overtake us. China doesn't like that idea.

3. pdx210

pdx210 Well-Known Member

No they don't, China is doing just fine right now and they are not free or capitalists. Thanks to outsourcing their high tech knowledge is growing very fast

an unfrotunatly true statement.....

"The Capitalists will sell us the rope with which we will hang them."

.... Vladimir Lenin

for more than 2 decades the advanced cutting edge work in universities that our tax dollars pay for have in some cases been filled with 50% or more foreign nationals.

"New Jersey Institute of Technology, where 734 of 887 full-time students are from Asia"

"University of Texas at Austin, where 205 of 355 graduate students come from other countries"

Graduate Schools Fill With Foreigners - NYTimes.com

Defense Dept. won't segregate foreign staffers - The Boston Globe

My brother works with a former Lawrence Livermore labs employee he was telling me that one of the contractor companies (there's 4 or 5) that runs the lab is a Chinese owned company.

Chinese Atom-Arms Spying in U.S. Reported - NYTimes.com

4. TechAdmin

To quote some comedian can China produce an inflatable pool grill? Sure. Can they put it to use? Absolutely not.

5. pdx210

pdx210 Well-Known Member

6. HozayBuck

HozayBuck Well-Known Member

I heard a man I know to be very smart and very well educated say about 3 years ago.." American schools graduated between 8 and 9 thousand engineers last year, While India, alone, graduated over 250 thousand , I don't know if that is true or not, but if so makes ya wonder, of course we have no industry, we build almost nothing so why would we need Engineers?

I'd say China just might be right... but somebody will most likely push the little red button sooner then we think.. so I guess I'll worry about what I can do and leave the rest up to them..

7. mosquitomountainman

mosquitomountainman I invented the internet. :rofl:

Don't underestimate the Chinese. They've provided plenty of evidence of their resiliancy and dogged determination. Add to that the fact that those in charge over there have absolutely no respect for the lives of their people and you have a volatile situation. Think human wave attacks. Think of leaders who don't care how high the price is that they'll have to pay. Right now our biggest security asset is the Pacific Ocean.

Hopefully they'll hold off a few more years and we can "westernize" them. After that their people will be like so many of ours. As long as they have their television and beer they won't be lifting a finger to do anything that might cause them to leave their comfort zone.

8. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

I think you're on the right track, just give those 'communal ant colonies' a taste of sugar and they will be coming back for more of that every time, why work harder for your comforts and bother your neighbors.:rolleyes:
    Everyone complains about the cheap hard goods from China, me included, but think about it, it will progessively bring them to expect the same and more. Give them the 'taste' and they will never go back, thus breaking down their society and beliefs.:surrender:

9. TechAdmin

It was a joke reflecting the use of the useless stuff they produce. Americans are not in denial. So what if China has three manned space flights? The point is that regardless of what China does they only survive through symbioses with it's trading partners. Not just us but the rest of the world as well. If you upset the consumer, it can have cataclysmic effects. That being said I understand that that is contingent on the response of the consumer and that more often than not the consumer is silent. I think you under estimate Americans but then the entire worlds does. We didn't get to our position by being fat lazy and stupid. It's what happened when we got here. The view is still nice though. A little chubby but nice. Go back and read Chinese history. They over through there govenrments more often then any other country in the history of the world. It's only a matter of time before it happens again.

10. allen_idaho

allen_idaho Well-Known Member

I think China could very easily defeat the United States. All they have to do is wait us out and crush us economically.

And then there is the fact that China will most likely have a monopoly on the moon in the near future. While our moon program was recently cancelled, they are pushing theirs even further.

The moon is an important natural resource. If they are capable of creating a lunar facility before us, they will have control on the market for Helium-3 as well as the future of space travel. The moon is an important stepping stone toward exploring the rest of the solar system.

Helium-3 is very important because it is the fuel needed for the future of fusion reactors. Think about high efficiency nuclear plants that DON'T produce nuclear waste. But then consider that you will have to pay China a fortune to get that fuel. It's like OPEC in the middle east all over again. They tell you what to pay, you pay it.

Then there is China's naval force. They are dramatically expanding their capabilities with several new submarines, aircraft carriers, surface ships, and next-gen carrier-capable aircraft. They have more than twice as many ships as we do. They already have an impressive array of anti-air, anti-ship, and ballistic missiles. They already have a massive land force and air force. They are the new red scare. And I think they could win a fight against us, hands down.