Maine Check in

Discussion in 'North East USA' started by res2cue, May 25, 2012.

1. res2cue

res2cue Is it Time?

Myself and RDWolf are flat lander's from RI and will soon be semi permanent in Franklin county :D
    Looking to get our log cabin built this year. ;)

2. RangerA

RangerA New Member

I'm in the Lisbon area, not a lot of Maine people on here yet. I think it will take some time.

3. SimpleJoys

SimpleJoys Well-Known Member

We spend summers in Maine, so we're prepping here, too. If things go bad while we're down south, there will be things here for our neighbors to use. If it happens while we're here, I hope we'll be ready.

4. Padre

Padre The Black Pilgrim

I hate the peoples republic and would come join you all in a second if my circumstances allowed it. I am part time in Oxford County.

5. Cruiser

Cruiser New Member

Hey there- living in midcoast Maine, got a retreat way up North, on an island in a lake. Goin' up there this weekend!

6. frisian

frisian Member

Hi Folks,

We live in the Bangor area, know some like minded individuals. Been prepping a while, doing some group training , first time gardening, canning, we plan to have a training day for slaughtering and butchering soon.

We have a professional firearms instructor, so we are training in that area as well.

Take care all...

7. Moose33

Moose33 Well-Known Member

I'm Downeast and pretty much on my own. Haven't found anyone with a similar mind set yet.
    Take care
    Moose

8. Duke00x

Duke00x Member

I'm here in the waterville area but will be moving to mass in three weeks.

9. srtmedic

srtmedic Warlords Can Do

Currently living in Bangor, but I a country raised boy. I am the State Medical Officer and Penobscot County Commander for a statewide group. Team Leader and Instructor for DEEMI Search and Rescue. ARES Emergency Coordinator for Penobscot County, CERT Team Leader and Instructor for Penobscot County Emergency Management.

Just received my credentials from NRA in Home Firearm Safety, Pistol and Personal Protection in the Home. Also credential Hazmat Tech, Mutual Aid Responder, Wilderness Search and Rescue Tech, and Wilderness Search and Rescue Team Leader under the State of Maine First Responder Credential ID system.

Serving as adviser to various groups in the area for tactical, communications, and medical.

10. kfander

kfander Ken Anderson

I have a house and a half acre of land in Millinocket, and a hundred acres of land, with a building that is still under construction, in St. Agatha. I am not currently certified, but was a paramedic, EMS instructor/coordinator, and firefighter in Texas for more than twenty years.

11. helicopter5472

helicopter5472 Well-Known Member

Hello, I live in Medford Me. I work at the University of Maine in Orono..We live on 5 ac but have 56 ac. about 8 miles away. I am a mechanic by trade, auto and am lic.A&P mechanic...Collecting items for the future...

12. littlejoespinto

littlejoespinto Member

Hey!i know this is an old post but just ran across it.Im a woman and 2 years ago I bought 19 acres in Winterport and built a cabin(with help of course)I have been looking for people near me to get together with.My email is kleemilo at gmail dot com

13. AdmiralD7S

AdmiralD7S Supporting Member

My I recommend that you redact your email address? I like to think that members here aren't too crazy, but there are a number of guests that don't need to sign up to view this. Perhaps folks that want to talk could simply reply to this thread or use the site's private messaging (PM) system? This would allow you (and them) to retain an appropriate level of anonymity unless the proper level of rapper has been established.

14. neil-v1

neil-v1 Old Member

Just moved here to Southwest Maine from Massachusetts. Been prepping for some time now. On my own but looking to find like minded people. Maybe I should look at sporting or gun clubs? Happy to be in Maine.