Prepared Society Forum banner
181 - 195 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Welcome from another Penn's Woods critter. Plenty of great folks here and good advice. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thought I would start here, we live in Crawford Co., Hubby, 20yr old son, 18 yr old son who will be leaving for the Army in July, 16yr old daughter and myself. We are homesteaders and have been prepping about 2yrs. Would love to get together with like minded folks.

·
Registered
759 Posts
SE corner here Momma, can't see us hooking up but, as stated above, plenty of good folks and info. here.

Welcome and enjoy!

·
Registered
888 Posts
Originally from Bradford Co., could walk into N.Y. in about 5 mins. out my back door. Now in Ak. good to see a lot of Pa. folks here.:wave:

·
2 Posts
So- this is cool- I have been a part of other 'Homesteading' / 'prepping boards' and still am on one of them- but noone really from Central Pa- so I am excited to maybe find like minded others near me- we are literally smack in the middle of the state- Centre county-
Thankfully close to Amish country, so that is a real blessing...
I originally started 'prepping' by purchasing things for storage 9 years ago - but have gradually changed to more of a 'the more you know' prepping- learning to do things like sewing, canning, crocheting, dehydrating, fermenting, making mead, anything from scratch, Herbal medicine, gardening, knowing where I can gleen fruit from all over the county (with permission of course) solar cooking ect- if I can make brownies from scratch in a solar oven I figure I have a chance LOL
Hubby has been learning butchering and meat curing as well and we are in this together which is great.

181 - 195 of 195 Posts