Chapstick

Discussion in 'Health & Medicine' started by 113b11, Oct 24, 2008.

1. 113b11

113b11 Guest

Does anybody have a cheaper alternative to chap stick or know to make a home remedy to sooth chapped or windburned lips? I don't plan on buying a whole load of Lip Smackers, too costly.

2. CVORNurse

CVORNurse Well-Known Member

You can often get the walgreens brand 2/1.00. Even at 99cents, they last forever and ever.
    However, best I have ever found is to buy the Carmex. I buy the little pot and keep it in my front pants pocket during the winter. It is nice and melty warm from body heat and spreads easily.

3. green girl

green girl Member

4. JeepHammer

JeepHammer Well-Known Member

Green Girl, YOU ROCK!

I use little tins all the time for getting stuff organized, and I have a REAL hard time locating them!
    All kinds of little gun parts, transmission parts, ect. I need to keep separated!

I won't go anywhere without Chap-Stick in my pocket or gear!
    I don't know about the 'Self Made' stuff, but brand name 'Chap-Stick' works for a bunch of different things!

Got adhesive goo or tape residue stuck to something,
    Smear a little Chap-Stick on it and let it set, when you wipe off the Chap-Stick, the 'goo' goes with it.

That includes pine pitch and pine sap! Takes it right off!

Insect bites that itch like crazy? You guessed it, Chap-Stick will make you life much more tolerable!

Scrapes, minor cuts, ect. you don't want infected, Chap-Stick has worked for me for over 40 years.

Anyway, just one of those 'Old Fart' things you find out along the way!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
  5. CVORNurse

CVORNurse Well-Known Member

Wow. That is a neat site. Gives me ideas for Christmas and other gifts. If only I had time to do stuff like this.

6. McPrepared

McPrepared Guest

Does it act like neosporin on a cut?