Changes

Discussion in 'Website Comments and Suggestions' started by NaeKid, Jul 9, 2009.

1. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

Just to let you folks know there will be some major changes coming along for PreparedSociety.com. I have just been granted administrator rights and with that will come an updated look, some new features and hopefully more members as well.

Over the next while there might be some growing pains, but, I hope the pain will be less than the growing :D

2. northernontario

northernontario Well-Known Member

3. NaeKid

Hope that it isn't as bad as you think it might be :beercheer:

:shtf:

4. Canadian

Canadian Well-Known Member

5. LittleFire

LittleFire Well-Known Member

Wow, and just when I am starting! LOL I'm sure all will be for the benefit, improve and bring more traffic here!

6. dukman

dukman Greenhorn

You are not Obama are you? Bringing this "Change"..... I don't like change. :peep:

So what was so bad about the old color :confused:

7. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

yes, the old scheme was easier on my eyes, will there be a way to revert to a 'traditional' look when you're done with the changes? (skins?)

8. NaeKid

The original color (colour for the rest of the Canadians) was the default color-scheme designed by vBulletin® many years ago. To create a "look" that can become known as the colors of PreparedSociety I was going to play with the color-scheme till I find something pleasant.

If you look at the colors of our parent-forum (JeepForum.com) you will see how customized colors can make a forum look great instead of looking plain. Another forum that I visit regularly has a "black-leather" look about it - I find the information great, readability is a bit difficult at Adventure Rider

Another planned change will be to create a logo of our own, setup a site that will allow members to purchase PreparedSociety-stuff (decals, shirts, mugs), setup give-aways / prizes - maybe create a section of FAQ's with .pdf download of stuff that members will be able to download / store on their computers / print-off for their binder of reminders .. things like that.

With the logo-idea starting up - does anyone have PhotoShop skills? I have next to none!

9. NaeKid

Well - the pain has started ... I just destroy'd the old logo and I can't figure out how to put it back in again ... huge learnin' curve for me here .. sorry.

10. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

ow ow ow ... the dark blue was better

sorry

:cry:

11. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

WOW. It's bright in here. :eek: I might need to go grab my sunglasses.

I still like earth tones. :rolleyes:

12. NaeKid

I might just download a "premade" color-scheme. Found a few, but, they just don't seem right for what I envision as good colors for a site dedicated to homesteading, financial prep, food prep, gardening/farming/husbandry ... and now to come up with a better logo that matches all that as well .. argh!

:eek: How much did I bite off?