Cavuto is spot on

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mase92, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Mase92

Mase92 Well-Known Member

Two minutes and 52 seconds of reality.

It's what those of us who were hesitant on Trump feel and have known all along.

elizam and angie_nrs like this.
  2. angie_nrs

angie_nrs Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more. I like Neil.....but I don't watch him anymore b/c I cut my satellite package to the bare bones. No more news channels and I now watch less TV in general. I think I'm happier for it.

However, I feel the same way Neil does. I really don't like Trump as a person at all. I voted for him because of the Supreme Court and b/c he was way better than the other POS candidate. I'm hoping one of these days he'll grow up....but I know that's just wishful thinking. I guess as long as he keeps us safe, I shouldn't complain. If there would have been a better option, I would have been all over it. Mike Rowe for president!!:D

3. tortminder

tortminder Well-Known Member

What is the difference between Niel Cavuto & President Trump? One is an overblown and self-important bag of wind... the other one is President of the United States.

4. Sentry18

Sentry18 Well-Known Member

I agree. Cavuto perhaps even more so. No, make that definitely more so.

Trump detractors want him to be a politician so badly it kills me. They want him to act like a politician, play like a politician, be controlled like a politician, think like a politician, perform like a politician, communicate like a politician and lie like a politician. The rest of us are sick and tired of politicians.

I want President Trump to do exactly what he is doing. Act like a supremely confident, bold and even arrogant, successful businessman that can't be bought off and is sole focused on getting the US back on track by reversing the failed policies of the last 8 (and in some cases 16) years, rebuilding the military, supporting our veterans, reducing the size and reach of government, re-establishing the US as a super power, to support law enforcement, to cut spending and debt, to shore up the SCOTUS with conservative Justices, to make patriotism a good thing and to shut down the liberal wackos.

Of course the only thing hindering his progress in ALL of those areas are politicians (on both sides of the aisle).

5. angie_nrs

And he can't do this while also exhibiting a little bit of class?? My concern is not the other politicians AT ALL. Although, I don't think posting twitter messages to slam someone is helpful at all. Nor did I think it was helpful for Obama to comment on the Travon Martin case (among many other matters). I think their comments can and do make things much worse and fuels anger and angst. On these micro-matters, I believe Presidents should be silent. They do, after all, have bigger fish to fry.

My concern is the voters who will be going to the polls in 4 years. Sometimes I just cringe at some of the things he says or tweets. Will it keep me from voting for him? No....but I'm sure there will be those out there who won't vote for him again b/c of his "lack of class". If Biden goes up against him in the next election, I am sad to say, I think Biden will win. Many people vote for who they think is likable, not who will do the best job.

Woody and bugoutbob like this.
  6. obg12

obg12 Well-Known Member

Not if I have anything to say about it,he's a dirt bag !

Grimm, camo2460, angie_nrs and 3 others like this.
  7. Sentry18

I want my royalty and monarchy to be classy, I want my leaders to do their jobs. I don't care if they are crass as long as the work is getting done and they remember they work for me and not the other way around. What attracted most voters to President Trump in the first place was instead of lying and spinning with "class" he just said it like it is. That's called refreshing. He calls a spade a spade and a fool a fool. And with every tweet he pulls more and more puppet strings to make people dance. Even nations who saw Obama as a tool are treating the POTUS like the King of America. That's because they don't care about personality, they care about power and they care about results. Something American voters are starting to agree with.

The democratic party is in a complete tailspin and now Biden is being accused of sexual harassment. They will be lucky if they can serve up Maxine Waters for the next election. As long as the leftists keep up with their senseless bashing of the POTUS, their bizarre multi-gender everything is okay pro-Shariah law PC madness plus the never ending revelations of their deep corruption and President Trump could tweet our nude photos of him in a KKK hood and he will get re-elected. Okay maybe not that last part, but pretty close.

8. hiwall

hiwall Just walking at the edge of my grave

I used to think it was rather dumb of Trump to be constantly Tweeting everything.
    Then I realized that Trump is attacked every single day by the media and most of Washington DC. His only way of talking to Americans (or anyone else) is by Tweeting because the media will twist anything he says in a speech into something that was not what he really said. The media only airs small segments of any speech that they carefully pick out and edit so its true meaning is lost.
    But by Tweeting Trump sends out short messages that cannot be altered much by the media because of the short length. It is his only reliable platform.
    I sure don't agree with everything he Tweets but I do understand his frustration.

9. angie_nrs

I could not agree more!

I do like that he is "unfiltered" and think his genuineness (although a bit crass) is refreshing. I just wish there was less of it on trivial matters. He doesn't need to prove anything....he won! I think he's got foreign leaders completely confused......I find that amusing. He certainly is a wild card....and that part I like. Nobody really knows what to expect or make of him....including the lefty media, although they do try to shed him in the worst possible light. I just wish he were more "Reagan-esque". Yeah, we live in different times, I get it, I just love my 80's.....what can I say?

I hope you are right about the Dems. I have learned not to underestimate them though. They lie, cheat, steal, and threaten......and the election is still a very long way down the road. Who knows what they could come up with in that amount of time. Remember how Obama pretty much came out of nowhere?? That's what I'm afraid of.

10. Mase92

Mase92 Well-Known Member

Every president goes through that. It's part of the job. Every president has the ability to act like a grown up as well. Not this one.

We used to take pride in the leader of the nation or we heard the tears flow, you know like Mustard on a hotdog or beige suit. Talking like a petulant child isn't reestablishing us as the superpower, everyone knows we are. What's its doing is making our allies question our sanity and backing and putting us on par with dictators who have no other ability than to insult as a tactic.

sewingcreations15 and hiwall like this.
  11. Sentry18

It is interesting how his success as POTUS is easily measured on many fronts, yet his detractors can do nothing but point out their perceptions (which are mostly just biased opinions) of his character flaws as a means to discredit him. All that does to the rest of us us reaffirm that the right candidate was elected and he is keeping his promise to make America great again. I am sure it scares many people that instead of kissing butt, he is kicking butt. Nothing can be worse for the left-leaners and full on liberals than the Independents and conservative Democrats finding out President Trump is not the big bad boogeyman they keep claiming him to be. :cool:

12. mosquitomountainman

mosquitomountainman I invented the internet. :rofl:

Maybe he has the ability to act like an "adult" and just doesn't care. I personally find his behavior great. Especially when I contact my congressmen and senator and get this well-written response full of double-talk and B'S. The more the left and rinos dislike him the higher my opinion of him goes. Drain the swamp.

13. hiwall

hiwall Just walking at the edge of my grave

In China he is called "Donald the Strong." That tells me almost all I need to know.

14. Sentry18

I love how the libs and the MSM keep proving themselves to be fools.

Trump is going to destroy the economy! Stock market through the roof.
    Trump is Racist! 99.99% drop in race bating the second he is sworn in.
    Trump will kill job growth! Lowest unemployment is Dec 2000.
    Trump will ruin independent journalism! Fake news being outed every day.
    Trump will attack the LGBTQ community! Crickets... Crickets... Crickets...
    Trump will bring about Nuclear war! Strongest foreign relations in decades.
    Trump sends out mean tweets! :rolleyes:

I could go on and on and on. But it does not matter because liberals have never concerned themselves with truth, facts or reality. No matter how incredible of POTUS he is and continues to be they will just find something new to be scared of or pretend to be offended by.

15. Mase92

Mase92 Well-Known Member

This is about the man who sits in the higest office in the nation and the most powerful man in the world.

There is a dignity and pride that goes into holding that office. He shows neither.

Freethinkers have the ability to hold more than one thought. You can love this President and be happy with what he says he's doing and still have the integrity to say, he is acting like a fool and needs to tone it down. Instead, you Sentry and many other posters have looked to blame his behavior on others. Seems logical...

He's an adult his WWF, Reality show days and P****y grabbing locker room talk days are behind him. Time for him to be a President. The 74% who didn't vote for him are still waiting....

As for the rest, it's pure partisan hyperbole.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    Balls004 likes this.
  16. Sentry18

Once again you have failed to find fault in his Presidency, so you nit pick at his personality and comments he made many many years ago. When someone has to dig that deep to find something to criticize they either work for CNN or live in a constant state of conjecture. We get it, you would rather have had a president who smiled wide and bowed to everyone while screwing each and every American behind the scenes. Most of American did not agree with you.

obg12 and marlas1too like this.
  17. Mase92

Mase92 Well-Known Member

Sorry, didn't see this til now.
    This post is however BS.
    One - Hardly nitpicking. But speaking of nitpicking, remember when Obama wore the Beige suit, put mustard on the hot dog and put his feet up? I do, I remember the tears that were shed too. Let's not forget he used a telepromter....*gasp*
    Two- You're telling me you can find NO fault with his presidency? You're a smart man. You can't be that blind or partisan, can you?
    A few faults -
    Big mistakes in both military raids he's undertaken as CiC. Both in Yemen and N1ger. The WH attempted to cover them both up. American lives lost.
    Failed on the wall and Obamacare.
    Let's not forget the rollback of civil asset forfeiture Sessions signed.
    Eleven members of his election campaign or staff in the WH have had Russian ties. As someone who put the Russia thing on a fat kid in bed, there sure lots going on. Three have plead guilty and we've found his son and son in law met with the Russians. Clearly, that's nitpicking, right?
    No, you don't get it.
    I voted 3rd party. The lessor of two evils is still evil. Period. To back a guy because I didn't like who he ran against is garbage. Buying into a politicians crap who was a liberal democrat 18 months ago is ignorance.
    Most American's don't agree with you either. He got 36% of the vote and lost the popular vote. Thank God he only ran against hilary, the only person who's had lower popularity ratings than he had.

bkt likes this.
  18. Sentry18

President Trump has not failed anything, misguided and ignorant Democrats and bought & paid for Republicans have failed this country. Everything else you asserted sounded like it came straight from the fictional rantings of the MSM, lots of baseless and unproven rhetoric presented as fact. The Independents of today are people who turn off the news, require facts instead of journalistic sensationalism, are focused on America and would rather be correct than politically correct.

Your numbers are off. The claim is that Trump received 46% (not 36%) of the vote to Hillary's 48%, but much of the military vote was not counted (which was overwhelming pro-Trump) and many of Hillary's votes were fabricated, illegal or cast by illegals or dead people. But regardless the insightful and necessary electoral college selected a new President, and thank God they selected the one who was not going to sell out our nation to the highest bidder while stripping of us our rights in the name of tolerance and social justice.

obg12, terri9630 and ssonb like this.
  19. bkt

bkt Well-Known Member

Trump's take on the NSA spying on Americans, seizure of private land by the government to give to another private party to increase tax revenues, civil asset forfeiture and other issues do nothing to impress me.

That said, he sucks a great deal less than Hillary. He is the lesser of two evils.

obg12, Mase92 and Sentry18 like this.
  20. Sentry18

One step at a time. You have to take back America before you can restore America.