Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knew where i could buy canning supplies year round. I haven't been able to find anywhere to buy year round normally just around spring or late summer. IF anyone knows where i can buy jars and such please let me know.

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
You don't say where you live - but - here in Calgary I can pick up canning jars, lids, rubber seals, etc all at Canadian Tire in their home-goods section - right beside pressure cookers, dishes, cutlery, etc.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Canadian Tire Is a very good store, It remined me of the old Westren Auto stores but larger.I use to go to alot when I was in Canada.
I remember Western Auto, my first bicycle came from there when I was a kid, I had forgotten all about them. Are there any left? We have Tractor Supply Centers, I enjoy going to them right now. The one thing they don't have is one of those fruit harvesting baskets on a pole.

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
+1

I love Tractor Supply.

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
I like to keep a years supply on hand, if you are having problems finding them now ... why not ... when spring comes around pick up a few extra.

I've not had a problem finding supplies as of yet... Just keep in mind when you DO find them ... stock up.:)

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
I've been to 4 auctions this year. For a total of about $20, my supply of jars has grown by almost 300. :2thumb: They range in size from the big 2 quart down to the half pint size. One haul even had 4 dozen new lids. Yard sales and flea markets are also a great place to pick up jars for a fraction of the retail price.

·
Administrator
2,248 Posts
I've been to 4 auctions this year. For a total of about $20, my supply of jars has grown by almost 300. :2thumb: They range in size from the big 2 quart down to the half pint size. One haul even had 4 dozen new lids. Yard sales and flea markets are also a great place to pick up jars for a fraction of the retail price.
Most of my stuff I get from garage sales. People don't know what they have or what they can do with it. I picked up two dozen jars from my dad because his pickled egg idea went up in smoke after he ate a few dozen in a setting.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Try Ace Hardware online

Do you have an Ace Hardware store nearby? You can order online, they will deliver for pick-up at your nearest store.
:)

·
Registered
318 Posts
I was wondering if anyone knew where i could buy canning supplies year round. I haven't been able to find anywhere to buy year round normally just around spring or late summer. IF anyone knows where i can buy jars and such please let me know.
Tammy, my local grocery stores keep canning jars and lids year round.

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
I picked up two dozen jars from my dad because his pickled egg idea went up in smoke after he ate a few dozen in a setting.
Note to self: don't laugh while taking a drink of soda - it's hard to get if off the monitor!

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Most of my stuff I get from garage sales. People don't know what they have or what they can do with it. I picked up two dozen jars from my dad because his pickled egg idea went up in smoke after he ate a few dozen in a setting.
Dean, What was your dads pickled egg idea?, I love pickled eggs!:2thumb:

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
I picked up two dozen jars from my dad because his pickled egg idea went up in smoke after he ate a few dozen in a setting.

He had enough fuel to achieve orbit. :eek: :ignore:

·
Administrator
2,248 Posts
He thought since we had chickens growing up that he could pickle the eggs instead of eating them fresh. After a few months with a couple dozen chicken he decided to make a meal of them (why not it's like breakfast but tangy). No one could ride in the car with him for a week. It was gross. He then tried to pawn them off on his friends and family but we all knew the results. I took some because I'm a fan of not eating a dozen in a setting but everyone else declined. He only used a third of the jars he bought so I took the rest when he was throwing things out some time later.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts