Cannabis Medicine

Discussion in 'Health & Medicine' started by jazzy12, Apr 23, 2016.

1. RedBeard

RedBeard Guest

I have a very good freind who has epilepsy. I have seen first hand what CBD oil can do. It is amazing..... Seizure free for 6 years now, pretty incredible!

2. jazzy12

jazzy12 Old Newbie

that is fantastic redbeard, i love hearing stories how the stuff has helped people.

3. bbqjoe

bbqjoe Void where Prohibited

Do you think there's anything beneficial in the large leaves, stems and stalks that the flowers don't contain?

4. RedBeard

RedBeard Guest

Helped is an understatement, life changing really. He shakes like crazy in the morning when he gets up. So bad that he can hardly feed him self. Couple of drops of cbd and within 15 mins tops he smooths right out. He had been on every med known to man without any luck then tried cbd and life has been good.

5. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

I've wondered about this since researching for an alternative for Keppra.
    I don't understand all about hemp oil, CBD, the differences.
    I have a gallon and half of oil; take it daily for cancer prevention.

Any facts or studies are appreciated.

My husband will die if pharmacies are closed in a SHTF situation.
    Heck, he couldn't go two weeks without Keppra--had a seizure, hit head on ground, bled on brain---had brain surgery Aug. 28.

6. jazzy12

jazzy12 Old Newbie

interesting.
    has he tried to take a dose in the middle of the night to try to help that morning crash his body is experiencing? i take a cannabis tincture for chronic pain, it keeps it well under control but in the middle of the night or early am, the stabbing pains start to slowly come back til i get another dose. so sometimes i take a dose in the middle of the night and that helps.

7. jazzy12

jazzy12 Old Newbie

alot depends on the strain and content but on average, yes, the leaves and stems and stalks still have value. i know people who use all of that for salves or oils, the root ball too is said to make a fine pain relieving balm,. the leaves can always be used for teas or tossed into a tincture bucket. i try to use everything. the one thing ive not tried yet is the root ball.

8. jazzy12

jazzy12 Old Newbie

there are differences in the oil types as to quality, quantity and safety pertaining to what is used to make them. there are alot of poor quality oils with huge claimsm alot of crap out there calling itself CBD oil. ., real CBD oil is expensive BUT if you can grow one or 2 high CBD content plants you can easily make a years supply of your own CBD oil with or without any THC content.

sorry to hear about your DH and seizures, have you tried giving him small dose of CBD or THC-a oil or blend to see if it helps him?

you can do a search on his diagnosis '+ cannabis treatments' and see what results pop up, sometimes you can find some great studies and trials. i like looking into what others with the same problem are doing and results

9. RedBeard

RedBeard Guest

No i don't think he has but i will mention it to him. Blows my mind this stuff isn't main stream yet. I mean it helps with all sorts of things and it is natural!

10. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

sorry to hear about your DH and seizures, have you tried giving him small dose of CBD or THC-a oil or blend to see if it helps him?

I don't think so--his brain surgery was lesson enough for us to stay on this until something all natural is proven.
    Brain surgery is a life changing event.

11. RedBeard

RedBeard Guest

Good point! But Monsanto has, numerous times.....even though their plants are far from natural.

12. bbqjoe

bbqjoe Void where Prohibited

Using a salve made from whole plant has me curious how that might affect a drug test.

13. jazzy12

jazzy12 Old Newbie

thats a very good question, i know at pharmacies and walgreens you can buy a thc test for about $10. might be worth trying the salve topically for say a week and see if it shows up.

when i use the topical salve on my arm and shoulder (rotator cuff injury) i think i use 1-3 applications a day at about 1T per application rubbed in. when it was at its worst id do up to 3T per day. so i guess use what amount helps , stay constant then test yourself.

14. smallfry178

smallfry178 New Member

Just throwing this out there bc it was mentioned to cook it with butter.... Coconut oil is much better. It is more efficient at absorbing the good stuff, has many more medical benefits and it isn't dairy so it lasts much longer. Best to store it somewhere cold (fridge or freezer). Be careful because this will turn out MUCH MUCH STRONGER than with butter and it is very easy to over do it. If you insist on butter I recommend buying ghee or making your own clarified butter. Directions are easy to find on Google. Both ghee and coconut oil have a high MCT content. It's good stuff.

15. jazzy12

jazzy12 Old Newbie

good point.
    alot of folks love making cannabutter to cook with. i have tried it and for me, didnt care much for it. i primarily use coconut oil either solid form or liquid for the things i make.

16. jazzy12

jazzy12 Old Newbie

well my CBD oil experiment came out good. i grew a plant ACDC X ACDC, feminized, less than 1% THC and about 13% CBD. harvested and dried it then made a small batch of oil with liquid coconut oil + lecithin following the Cannabis Oil #3 recipe. Remember---adding lecithin increases the bio availability of the cannabanoids--your body takes in and uses more and excretes less. on my blog somewhere i think i posted the stats. but get some lecithin, it is important. a little goes a long way. personally i prefer sunflower over soy as the taste is better.

my CBD oil batch #1 seems to have turn out well. i started dosing small and now up to about 1tsp a day. (i always am super cautious when starting a new item just to make sure). goal is to go up to 1/4 tsp 4-6 times a day (average suggested dose for chronic pain),. so far, dont feel a thing either way but i know im still on a real low dose. .just wanting to see if adding this CBD oil helps with chronic pain relief. my second batch experiment will be double the strength of my first batch. to me it taste like crap so i put drops on oyster crackers and fix my daily dose like that. 80 drops on average is one teaspoon.

guys, the dispensaries change about 150$ for a tiny bottle of CBD oil the size of my thumb. if you can grow a feminized plant strain high in CBD, id say no less than 10% try to get higher, tho you pay more per seed its worth it, you can probably make a gallon of the stuff for yourself real easy.

i mentioned earlier i also grew a 1:1 strain called crop doctor, about 10% ration thc/cbd. i will be using that to make the cannabis paste i use to try to make sure the cancer does not come back. it ought to be a good thing, my original plant i made paste with was just an ordinary strain with low cbd. the body needs both to heal and be strong. if you have a 1:1 ration the CBD soothes out the THC, balances it so there is no big buzz.

while it is still legal in CO to grow a few plants i will keep experimenting to find the best strains for the medicines i need to make.

i suggest for ppl thinking about growing for medicine to get a couple seeds now, look for a good strain with a 1:1 ratio of THC/CBD, to me, it seems like a good all around strain to use for whatever ails you unless you only want the CBDs.
    there are good seed companies all over, just do a search. totally discreet.

yes, i know there are pros and purists who would say you need specific strains depending on what you are treatings but , if life has gone to carp and you have to rely on what you got, use it. learnn to make the best medicine you can.

i just want to say i found out some ppl had left me msgs that i did not respond to and i apologize. i am not ignoring anyone. my vision is very poor and i cant see some colors. up at the top right where i guess they alert you to msgs it is in a red box, i cant see red. my son pointed that out to me letting me know i had a bunch of messages. i feel really bad and im sorry. if ive not addressed your questions in this thread go to my blog and send me an email that way, i can see those, lol. im very glad to answer any questions or help someone start to make their own medicines.

https://cannacancerblog.wordpress.com/blog/

there are so many good things you can make with this stuff without getting buzzed or slack jawed. this is not rocket science, if i can do this anyone can.

yall take care.

and again, i try to fix all typos before i post so i dont look sloppy or lazy but i know i miss some. please excuse, i really do try.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    Tank_Girl likes this.
  17. labotomi

labotomi Well-Known Member

I'm only commenting in this thread because years ago when legalization was first happening in the states Sentry said they would see rampant crime and that it would be a failed experiment.

Whelp. Now it's almost assuredly going to be taken off the controlled substance list federally. I hope he takes the news and chokes on it. (or shoves it up his ***). His choice.

BlueZ likes this.
  18. BlueZ

BlueZ Well-Known Member

I was also never a fan of the war on drugs.
    (...even if not originally intended to.. and it may have been..) It certainly changed the entire atmosphere of policing.. Turned Police in their own perception from "Peace Officers" to "Law Enforcement" (a terrible and wrong term)

19. jazzy12

jazzy12 Old Newbie

greetings folks,
    just checking in, its been awhile,. my vision is deteriorating so im dojng less that used to.

ive gotten very good results xhanging over from the cannabis tincture to mostly the Canna Oil #3 recipe for fibro pain relief. i decided to do that because it is cheaper and easier to make. got tired of buying all that vodka.

i make 00 size caps with the oil and take one every 3 hrs or so and one in the middle of the night , it is working pretty good.
    i was taking 2T as a dose for the tincture but was able to drop down to 1T every 4-5hrs by adding in the oil and finally just about replace the tincture all together.

my experimenting making aCBD + calandula for dry skin, rashes, etc, has come our very well. just a basic 50/50 recipe on both CBD oil and Calandual oil, it is very nice.

i hope everyone is well and making theor own medicines.

20. jazzy12

jazzy12 Old Newbie

just finished making 2 batches of CBD oil from a plant called Thunderstruck, 15% CBD with .08% THC which is negligible. for 1 batch i used MCT oil whiohc is liquid coconut oil, for the 2nd i used organic hemp seed oil because i had extra of that.
    then i made a batch of the pain relief oil that i use for fibromyalgia pain, called Hot Canna Oil #3. it is simple to make and works very good, no buzz.
    this week i will be making another batch of the cancer paste recipe as im pretty low on that.
    when i had cancer i took 8 pills a day but the treatment cals for 6. but i was looking at surgery in a 4wk time frame and wanted to aggressively treat what i had and it worked very well. shrunk the tumor nicely. good results. so i still take 2 caps at bedtime as a preventative.
    of all the things ive tried and make, the Canna Oil #3 for pain relief, the cancer paste recipe and the No Nonsense recipe for topical and some CBD oil are the best all around . but thats just me.

did you know you cvan buy CBD isolate POWDER to mix in your favorite oil and make your own CBD oil? check it out. there are a few different vendors, i have bought some to try out.you can save a ton of money making your own. 1 gm runs around $20-30 and depending on the strength of dose you take , you can save a good bit of money making your own.

ive found plain CBD isolate power and also the fuller cannabanoids, that is more expensive for more of those helpful bugger.
    this can be a helpful option for people that can not grow their own plants and struggle to buy CBD oil.

make your own.

id put links up but there a several companies and i do not know if one is better than the other.

just a thought.