Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Border wall bad, keeps poor people out but wall to keep homeless out of their neighborhood, that is a good thing. Just got to love liberal logic (oxymoron again)

Controversial "homeless wall" goes up in California

SAN JOSE, Calif. -- Caltrans is building a taller, stronger wall in San Jose to stop homeless individuals from returning to an encampment, CBS San Francisco reports.

While the project has pleased many homeowners, it is generating a lot of anger in the community.

Caltrans workers have repeatedly cleaned up a large encampment under I-280, but the homeless keep returning.

Residents, like Laura Nunez, say everything changed when homeless people began using chain link fences as a doorway to their encampments along the freeway.

"Every time, Caltrans would come out and repair it," Nunez said. "As soon as they left, (the homeless would) cut a hole in it and they just use that. That was their main access point to go in and out. We've had to live with their garbage. We've had to live with drug paraphernalia. The kids haven't been able to come out to play."

On Monday, Caltrans and city officials listened to residents' complaints. Later that day, workers were seen building a taller barrier at the freeway on-ramp.

Authorities say the new 8-foot-tall fence is rigid and much stronger. It has smaller holes, which makes it difficult to cut or climb. Neighbors hope it will make the campers move on.

But those who work with the homeless argue the city is giving them nowhere else to go. Some critics are even comparing the project to President Trump's proposed border wall.

"I think of Trump, and I think how horrible it is that they would keep people out," Jamie Foberg, founder of "In Their Shoes" homeless advocacy said. "It really does make me sad."

Neighbors say there are about 60 people currently living at the homeless encampment.

For link to article, pictures and video: CLICK HERE

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
That's my native city, San Jose. I wouldn't drive through it now. Problem with California, is, the weather is pretty decent year round and the handouts are excellent. The prices there are out of this world, and many live homeless.

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
So Obama built a wall around his mansion to keep unwanted people out, San Jose is building a wall to keep unwanted people out, Mexico built a wall on their Southern border to keep unwanted people out but according to the looney left walls do not work!? Do you suppose liberals sit up at night and drill tiny holes in their heads to let any remnants of common sense and logic leak out?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Why in God's name do you think it's called the "Land of Fruits and Nuts"?

It ain't just the agriculture their talking about.

·
Registered
298 Posts
60 people. If it's not fixed up it, will get worst. that's a pretty big gang to have around locally. Government workers, are using these people, for personal career security, there locally. Wants new people, getting involved in drugs. Especially young people. Then entire lives, depending upon government, once these new young people, drug addicts, and junkies, get dumped by there families. Then as it gets really bad. The local government, starts playing the violin. Need all this, and that. Best to fix up now.

They need to stay inside, and not be hustling outside, to get drugs. Give them free drugs, they must use right there, in front of a nurse. Camera on internet to maybe. Stay inside. See a doctor once a month for a prescription. The nurses, provide there drugs to use right away. Some drug dealers, like hurting, and controlling people, and want to take, sexual advantage, of peoples. Some, see themselves as jihadies, and want you, and your families, to become drug addicts and junkies. Buying there holy land herion. Doing there jihad, on your loved ones. Always around, always waiting, always watching. That needs to stop. The ones that come outside are really bad. they will team up and rotate people outside. Must stay inside. The gangs members need to go to prison or the psych ward and stay in there. Violence criminally mentally disturbed peoples. There heroes are rappers and such, gangster they look up to. Preaching murder, violence. Using people up, and tossing them away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts