Calgary loves urban chickens

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by twolilfishies, Dec 6, 2009.

1. twolilfishies

twolilfishies wanna be prepared

Well < I do anyways :2thumb:

I want to learn everything you people know!! mwahahaha:wave::wave:

I live in cowless town,Alberta,have some urban chickens and 3 kids,no car and me and my partner are saving and planning for our earthship :congrat:
    He is a vegan and I am a freegan beegan(rofl) who crochets birthing dolls and other funky stuff out of recycled wool and other reclaimed items.
    Very very interested in anything and everything to do with homesteading and being prepared for anything! hellllllo to this wonderful forum!:p

2. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

Welcome,

You must have found my little posting on the CLUCK facebook group, eh?

3. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

Welcome Aboard! :wave:, as for not eating the insides of a large animal, I didn't make it to the top of the food chain to be an herbavore.:eek::nuts::ignore: We would love to hear your thoughts and ideas on veggie preparation and long term storage, also how you get your daily protein.

4. twolilfishies

naekid i didnt see you post on CLUCK?!?! I just found this site by chance! Thats cool you already posted in cluck!

and uhm sailaway... You must study up on protein. its in alot of stuff you already eat and you are probably eating too much protein if you eat meat :)
    :congrat:
    I eat my eggs now and they are a good source of b12 and protein (b12 is really the only thing you dont get when you dont eat animals or their products.)
    People are just tricked into believing they need to eat meat and thats thats the real:nuts:

5. twolilfishies

Ok i went back and looked and found your post on the cluck wall :)
    I even commented on it...Duuuuh :2thumb:

6. LVmutineer

LVmutineer Guest

Welcome! I was thinking of getting chickens this spring and have been reading a little. Got any suggestions on urban chickens from zero knowlege?

7. TechAdmin

TechAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the prepared society!

8. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

Anything you would like to know about chickens can be found here.

BackYardChickens Forum

9. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

Chicken Keeping Secrets has an e-newsletter

I don't have a problem with veggies, veegans, or anti-gluten zealots as long as they don't try to evangelize their 'moral superiority' to me ;)

10. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Hello & Welcome :wave:

11. LVmutineer

LVmutineer Guest

Thanks Uncle Joe, - turns out I need a signed waiver from everyone within 300 feet that's like 20 houses! I'm going to start a "Why I became a Libertarian" thread, I swear!

12. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

I swear all the time too ... its getting easier and easier every day :ignore:

13. twolilfishies

thanks everyone:) and blob dont worry i dont think im superior cuz i am not a meat purchaser or regular consumer ( if its free i might eat it , lol)
    People can make their own decisions....
    I may at times rant but i am just being me:dunno:
    :)
    and lvmutineer.... i am not allowed to have chickens but i just did it anyways.I guess I am just cursed/blessed with a desire to fight.:scratch