Calgary has new mayor

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NaeKid, Oct 20, 2010.

1. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

New mayor ready to work | Calgary Votes | News | Calgary Sun

Muslims downplay faith in vote | Calgary & Alberta | News | Calgary Sun

There are quite a few people who have rumblings sayin' that Calgary is about to goto hell in a handbasket because a Muslim has been elected to the city's top position. I have heard that the "open" polls setup by local newspapers / radio-stations are finding out that the majority of Calgarians are not supportive of this new leader ... which leads me to think that the vote might have been rigged so that an "unknown" underdog would win ... does that sound familiar to my American brothers and sisters?

Oh ya .. an MP made a comment that he is now trying to recant ..

MLA sorry for BIG mistake | Calgary Votes | News | Calgary Sun

Personally - I think that his first comment was right on the money ..

2. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

Welcome to our world. :wave: :rolleyes:

3. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

The world isn't Hell... but you can see it from here. :gaah:

4. RoadRash

RoadRash Member

كالغاري

Calgary in Arabic guess that will be the new sign ......

5. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

My sympathies are extended to you and your fellow Calgarians. I hope he sticks to politics and the best interest of the people and Canada, and doesn't make his agenda into a religion thing. I hope others don't force it into a religious thing.

Good luck!

Funny, here in the U.S. if a liberal/democrat wins, they claim won fair and square and had a right to win because they were the best, drivel drivel drivel. When conservative/republican wins, the liberals are running around crying foul, blaming this person or that person or the tea party for "swaying the public", blah blah blah.

I hope all you U.S. citizens on this forum are registered to vote and turn out at the polls on election day. Even if you don't vote the same way I do, I hope you get out and vote. The worst thing to me is someone who gripes about the government or politicians, but doesn't vote.

6. Tirediron

Tirediron RockyMountainCanadian

:scratch bet lots of Calgarians wish they had bothered to vote, but who knows he may do allright not real hard to top Bronco, I though the best choice would have been McIver , but that vote was prolly split with Higgins.
    Brush up on your arabic Naekid

7. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

I am going to be movin' outta this town .. sorry, but, I am not interested in having a muslim for a mayor ...

From the reports I read, there was a turn-out at the polls more than double what normally turns out for elections.

8. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Yeah...probably all those new-immigrant muslims?

9. HarleyRider

HarleyRider Comic Relief Member

I'll bet President Obuma sent his congrats. :(

10. RoadRash

RoadRash Member

rothlmfao
    tooo funny still laughn