Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've got the faithful K9, but I was wondering if anyone could recommend a decent burglar alarm for use in apartments and/or hotels? Most alarm system commercials target homeowners and it seems like most burglars target apartments. I'd like to avoid the expense of hardwiring an alarm into a temporary residence, but a decent alarm would be very good to have. :help:

·
I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...
1,799 Posts
When my son was around 2, he could open any door or window. He would disappear in a flash. We went to home depot and bought stick on door/window alarms for around $10 per piece. They worked great. High decibel alarm that could even wake the neighbors.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
How about a board under each window with lots of nails sticking up through it? Saw it in a Bronson Movie, one of the Death Wish ones.;)

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
How about a board under each window with lots of nails sticking up through it? Saw it in a Bronson Movie, one of the Death Wish ones.;)
:melikey: :2thumb:

·
Registered
1 Posts
How long is your lease? If your lease is long enough, you can consider an alarm system bundled with a monitoring plan. I know that Smith Monitoring home security offers such kind of plan at a relatively low rate. But they only have business in TX, GA and LA, I think. Hope you'll find a great alarm.

·
BillM
2,002 Posts
Apartment

Get a removable alarm with a high decible level, that attaches to the door and windows, if they are reachable via a fire escape.

Contact the colstest neighbors you trust and ask them to call the police if they hear it go off !

Sombody in an apartment building is going to be home and hear your alarm .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.