Prepared Society Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've got the faithful K9, but I was wondering if anyone could recommend a decent burglar alarm for use in apartments and/or hotels? Most alarm system commercials target homeowners and it seems like most burglars target apartments. I'd like to avoid the expense of hardwiring an alarm into a temporary residence, but a decent alarm would be very good to have. :help:

·
Registered
638 Posts
What about a can of shocky gold and a cap and string and nails', and well it would only have to work once. :nuts: I,d stick with a good camera.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There are some sort of detachable burglar alarms that you could try. Try going to some security alarm stores on your local place. Some are wireless and easy to set up on your apartment.

·
I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...
1,799 Posts
When my son was around 2, he could open any door or window. He would disappear in a flash. We went to home depot and bought stick on door/window alarms for around $10 per piece. They worked great. High decibel alarm that could even wake the neighbors.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
How about a board under each window with lots of nails sticking up through it? Saw it in a Bronson Movie, one of the Death Wish ones.;)

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
How about a board under each window with lots of nails sticking up through it? Saw it in a Bronson Movie, one of the Death Wish ones.;)
:melikey: :2thumb:

·
Registered
1 Posts
How long is your lease? If your lease is long enough, you can consider an alarm system bundled with a monitoring plan. I know that Smith Monitoring home security offers such kind of plan at a relatively low rate. But they only have business in TX, GA and LA, I think. Hope you'll find a great alarm.

·
BillM
2,001 Posts
Apartment

Get a removable alarm with a high decible level, that attaches to the door and windows, if they are reachable via a fire escape.

Contact the colstest neighbors you trust and ask them to call the police if they hear it go off !

Sombody in an apartment building is going to be home and hear your alarm .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts