Bull

Discussion in 'Politics' started by horseman09, Oct 28, 2010.

1. horseman09

horseman09 Well-Known Member

Indian Wanting Coffee:

An Indian walks into a cafe with a shotgun in one hand and the other hand pulling a male buffalo. He says to the waiter:

"Want coffee."

The waiter says, "Sure, Chief. Coming right up."

He gets the Indian a tall mug of coffee..... The Indian drinks the coffee down in one gulp, turns and blasts the buffalo with the shotgun, causing parts of the animal to splatter everywhere and then just walks out.

The next morning the Indian returns. He has his shotgun in one hand, pulling another male buffalo with the other. He walks up to the counter and says to the waiter: "Want coffee."

The waiter says, "Whoa, Tonto!
    We're still cleaning up your mess from yesterday. What was all that about, anyway?"

The Indian smiles and proudly says,
    "Training for position in United States Congress. Come in, drink coffee, shoot the bull, leave mess for others to clean up, disappear for rest of day."

ON NOVEMBER 2 VOTE THEM ALL OUT.

I didn't post this under "Joke of the Day" because this is no joke. :mad:

2. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

It appears there are a lot of folks that agree.

65% Favor Getting Rid of Entire Congress and Starting Over

Let’s face it: Most Americans don’t have much use for either of the major political parties and think it would be better to dump the entire Congress on Election Day.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 65% of Likely U.S. Voters say if they had the option next week, they would vote to get rid of the entire Congress and start all over again. Only 20% would opt to keep the entire Congress instead. Fifteen percent (15%) aren’t sure.

65% Favor Getting Rid of Entire Congress and Starting Over - Rasmussen Reports™

3. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Amen, horseman!

Just nothing I can add to what you or UncleJoe posted!

I hope everyone gets out to vote Tuesday.

No joking matter.

(Um...guys? What are we going to change our signature lines to after Tuesday? :D )

4. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

:scratch hhmmm... this is a prep site... prep for the 2012 elections?

5. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

It's been a year and a half, and I still have to come up with some lines and a monicker.:dunno: Shoot I still haven't even introduced my self yet in the top introduction thread.:scratch

6. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Yeah, Blob, I like it! Prep for the 2012 election.

2 years down, 2 to go!

7. mosquitomountainman

mosquitomountainman I invented the internet. :rofl:

Makes you wonder why we don't have term limits! Once a person has been in office they have the power of their political parties and those who support them (own them?) paying big bucks to see them re-elected. The longer they're on office the more entrenched they become and it's more difficult to root them out.

Of course the voters could impose their own term limits at the voting booth but most are too brain dead to do that.

I for one would like to see some true congressional reform come from the next election. Especially something like national term limits and making changes on the financial benefits congress critters abuse.

8. horseman09

horseman09 Well-Known Member

MMM, the nation had a shot at term limits in 1994, and the bastardly pols led by Newt Gingrich betrayed us.

I will never forget that SOB standing in front of a bank of microphones waving the "Contract with America" for all the world to see, and pompously talking about the "mandate" we Americans gave the Republicans.

One of the ten points in the Contract with America was..............you guessed it: term limits. Guess which one was the first to die on Capitol Hill. Yup. You guessed it. Term limits. Of course, most of the other conservative items went down the tubes too.

Amazing. Gingrich the historian talks the conservative talk, but his actions have proven him to be just another sleezy politician.

Very disappointed. Damned shame we didn't clone Ronnie Reagan.

:rantoff:

9. kyfarmer

kyfarmer Well-Known Member

For me if they are in they are out. ENOUGH of this crap.

10. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 Adventurer at large

Yep, FIRE them ALL, including the Narcisist-In-Chief. Choose Congress from each state's driver's license rolls........ just like Jury Duty. One year stint, then back to your real job. No retirement or pension, get the same healthcare as everyone else. All legislation get's the "Constitutionality Test" - fail three times, the member gets fired and replaced. Could NOT be worse than that Criminal Cabal in Congress now..... :rolleyes: