Boys will be boys...*sigh*

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by mdprepper, Aug 21, 2011.

1. mdprepper

mdprepper I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...

Perhaps ya'll remember this thread....

http://www.preparedsociety.com/forum/f26/tuesdays-adventure-3749/

Well, guess what my beloved son did 1year 1week and 6days later?:rolleyes: Fell off his skateboard and broke his same arm, in the same spot on the arm, ended up in the same exam room, in the same E.R., with the same E.R. doctor! The only difference is he actually managed to have the bone poke through the skin this time and overlap both bones.:eek:

Anyone need a slightly damaged 13yo son? I am giving one away!!!!!!:surrender:

2. BillS

BillS Well-Known Member

I had one like that. Somehow he survived and now he's 21. Here's something to cheer you up: in 3 years your son will be old enough to DRIVE!

3. backlash

backlash Well-Known Member

That was mean. Funny but mean. :D

4. partdeux

partdeux Senior Member

you waited too long, you should eat the children before they turn into teenagers {sigh}.

5. mdprepper

The child broke his foot while riding a bicycle, the arm twice now on a skateboard....but put him on a dirtbike (125cc) and he has not gotten hurt on that (thank you Jesus, knock on wood, etc.....). I guess he realizes what is at risk and respects the mechanical toys:dunno:. Oh to be invincible again:D

6. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

I would be interested ... what is the cost-for-shipping?

7. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

How much does he eat??:2thumb:

Always wanted one---too young to drive, but old enough to mow!!!

8. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Poor md! That's funny and sad all at once!

If it makes you feel better, when my son was that age they knew him by his first name at the emergency room! He's outgrown that accident-prone streak now, so there's hope for your son! :D

9. mdprepper

We keep telling him he can get a one-way bus ticket to anywhere he wants for his 18th Birthday, so we can just do it early....so FREE Shipping!!!! :2thumb::2thumb:

Keeping him insured may cost you a pretty penny.;)

As far as how much he eats? I have to cook MORE now that there are only 3 of us then I did when we usually had 5 in the house!:gaah:

10. NaeKid

It wouldn't cost me anything - I have both provincial and employer health-insurance that covers everything, dental, glasses, breaks, sprains, surgeries - nothing outta my pocket! :2thumb:

11. efbjr

efbjr Well-Known Member

A good customer...

My wife and I helped raise our three nephews when her sister was ill with Lupus. :( It was always something with them accident-wise. :ignore: I was at the RI Hospital ER so often that they knew me on a first name basis! I would go up to the admitting desk and they would say: "Hi, Ed! :wave: Which one (of the nephews) hurt themselves this time! I was once there twice in the same day! :mad:I'm surprised that we were not reported to the child welfare division as possible child abusers (not that I didn't want to strangle the little so-and-so's because of all the crap they would get themselves into! :gaah:)

At this point, they are grown up with families of their own and are doing OK. :congrat: They drive themselves to the ER now. :rolleyes:

I take great enjoyment in aggravating my nephews when I can (Payback!!! :D) A grand nephew asked what his father was like when he was younger? I told him that "when he was your age" (12) "he was a real pain in the butt!" :D

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  12. Clarice

Clarice Well-Known Member

Seems like all children go through the akward stage. They will grow out of it and have children of their own someday. As I tell mine now as they relate the tales of the grandchildren stumbeling through life "Pay backs are hell". Sorry your son was hurt again.

13. ZoomZoom

ZoomZoom Rookie Prepper

Sorry to hear this md. I pondered your offer of the free boy but mine already eats too much. Not sure if I could feed 2 of them.

Hmmm, I, and so far, my kids seem just the opposite.

My daughter went to the ER once as a very small child after falling off the back of a couch onto a tile floor and banging her head but that's it. Ages 9 & 13 and no broken bones or stitches. I didn't get any stitches or broken bones until I was an adult and since broke 20-30.

14. backlash

backlash Well-Known Member

Every time my son injured himself or did something he shouldn't have my Mom would just smile and tell me I was paying for my raising.
    Now he has one just like him and it's my turn to smile.

15. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Will you adopt me?

:D

16. NaeKid

I would love to - but - to get onto my medical-plan you either need to be sleeping with me or you would need to be under the age of 21 ... and if you were under the age of 21, you probably wouldn't be sleepin' with me ... :eek:

17. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

:lolsmash: Well, it was worth a try! I envy the more-or-less stable medical plan you have up there in Canada. I don't hear very many complaints from your countrymen who come down into our part of Montana.

18. mdprepper

Update

In the past two weeks the bones in his arm have shifted. He will be having surgery on Friday at 8am (have to be at the hospital at 6am). They need to insert rods in both the radius and the ulna. :gaah:

19. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

Just wait until he and his buds try and go for a space walk out the car window!:eek:

20. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Thinking of you and yours ...:flower: