Borrowed from elsewhere: N.J. National Guard called in

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JayJay, Dec 12, 2010.

1. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

Hello all,
    Just thought I'd post this story I just read on NJ.com It is about the rapid rise in crime in the sections of the state that have cut their police force. Funny how the writer states he is not sure that THATS the reason..... right! I also heard from two close friends that certain segments of the population(gangs) are really taking full advantage of this by printing up the numbers of Newark cops to be laid off and the date of the lay-offs on tee shirts and wearing them all over the city.....Very sad. If you are familiar w/ Union County, the violent crime has now found it's way into Roselle, working its way out of the larger cities. My other friend works for the State, in an agency 'in the know' and his boss told him to tell all his friends to "buy a gun & load up on ammo, because it gonna get much worse!" One can see it in the rising crime rates. Look @ what is going on in Camden, NJ. Voted the most dangerious city in the country!! Don't know where this is all heading, but I thought I'd share w/ bit of info w/ some other 'like minded folks' like myself. What has anyone else read about or saw in their locations with all the budgets cuts and the crime rates......??

- New Jersey Local News - NJ.com ... ice_d.html

2. nj_m715

nj_m715 www.veggear.blogspot.com

Camden is almost walking distance from me. They are set to lay-off 100-150 police soon. Many small towns are doing the same. My wife works at a school. Her job was on the chopping block last spring, but she has enough time there to make the cut. Hopefully there isn't another round this year. We might not be lucky again. But hey, the recession is over, we are in recovery and better days are ahead. At least that's what the news said. They also said there is no inflation but a dozen eggs went from $99 to $1.49 in a few days.

3. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

From laying off police officers to turning off street lights to ignoring infrastructure maintenance...we're in sad shape in this nation, and there are those still asleep.

And I can't understand why 'we the people' don't demand the states to secede..wouldn't we be better off financially severing the cord from that over-bearing, irresponsible federal govt??

It may get to a time--real soon-- if we don't make/produce it here, state-wise, we don't need it.

You know, we get our milk from the Amish at the grocery store and how many states not only can't say that---have legislature to prevent/outlaw it!!!

4. mmszbi

mmszbi Junior Member

I work for the DOT here and we are told over and over that our positions are 'mission critical'. Whatever they mean by that.....

I do not have any faith in the state government, they hav been doing accounting tricks for years to hide state debt, even wihen times were good and its now coming to light just how bad things are getting for the budget. I have no illusions that the workforce is the most expedient form of cost cutting so do not count on having this job for very long. Time will tell.
    No one has had even a cost of living adjustment in over 5 years, insurance has doubled in cost to employees, but they can spend miliions on new computers that IMO did not need to be replaced, they did what we needed them to do.
    I could go back to trucking, but I think its far more important to be readily available for my family rather than several hundred miles away. Besides, when the SHTF the last thing I want to be driving is a fuel tanker!

5. nj_m715

nj_m715 www.veggear.blogspot.com

I hear Crispy Cream... I mean Chris Cristy has a $60k per yr guy to run is facebook and other BS. No wonder we're broke. Sell the Battleship for scrap and pay some bills, like any household would have to do.

6. piglett

piglett Well-Known Member

I used to live in northern De. & if i recall correctly i was in Camden one time. I had to drop off a car there with a tow truck. It looked to me like a bomb had went off there the place really looked rough. I'm talking 3RD world rough.

piglett

7. Clarice

Clarice Well-Known Member

Crime is on the rise in our little rural area of the country. We are writing down all the model and serial #'s on hubbys tools and other things that a crook would like to take. Also taking a concealed weapons class this weekend. Sometimes I get home first and don't want to be unprepared for nasty surprizes. Our rule is, if things don't look right I am not to get out of the car, but drive to the neighbors and call the law. But sometimes looks can be deceiving.