Prepared Society Forum banner

Bob or get home kit

4K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Jezcruzen 
We're talking two different animals;
A get home kit is just that, a small, vehicle friendly, assortment of what you might need to make it home. Cell phone quick charger, extra clothes, maybe comfortable walking shoes, flashlight and a waterbottle and some snacks to start with. You don't want to lug all your supplies all over town with you everday, just what you need. I think it should fit in a daypack so you can switch it from car to car as you need or when the time comes you could carry it.

Now a BOB has to supply your family for at least 72 hours or more with food and shelter in an emergency. It's for when you're on your way out of town to stay. I have a large family and there's no way I can just leave this in the car. It's best to have it packed and ready in the garage where when you need it, you just open the door and toss it in the car and go.
Here's a link to a page sponsored by the state of colorado the lists thing you might want in a BOB and has a calculator for food and water supplies.
http://www.whatifcolorado.com/emergency_kit_calculator.asp

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.