BOB..Medical Bags???

Discussion in 'Health & Medicine' started by JayJay, Jan 22, 2011.

1. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

Kmart has Craftsman 13-In Tool Bag for $5 (on sale)...they are black/red..look just like a doctor's black medical bag...

And I thought that would be great for my medical things for a BOB..:rolleyes:

BUT, with 6 outside pockets, they are just the right size for a change of clothes and personal items for each member of the family...:2thumb:

I bought 5-----one for:
    *lighting/firestarter/radio
    *medical bag
    *tools and defense(cough--cough!!)
    *my clothing, personals
    *husband's clothing, personals

Hope this helps someone with a family...I used cable ties, hole puncher, squares of cardboard to label each instead of writing on the bag..:cool:

http://www.craftsman.com/shc/s/p_10...tsman+tool+bag&prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=L1

[

Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  2. Centraltn

Centraltn Well-Known Member

a large tackle box is the best thing for a medical bag. Tools sounds good

3. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

Other than pocket 1st. aid basics, I am putting my 1st. aid supplies in a 30 cal. ammo can. It is water tight and cost $8.50 at the surplus store.

4. backlash

backlash Well-Known Member

I think a BOB should be easy to carry several miles if needed.
    A backpack is easier to carry than 5 tool bags and they can carry more stuff.
    I use a backpack my son was issued in the Air Force.
    Lots of room and easy to carry.
    The bags you bought are great and I have a couple in my truck.
    One even has tools in it.:)

5. BasecampUSA

BasecampUSA Sr. Homesteader

My bugout buggy is a well equipped ambulance :D

6. Centraltn

ambulance

What a fantastic idea!

7. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

I don't plan on backpacking---if our 4 wheel drives don't go there, neither do we...we're 60 and 62..we're not running...the BOB is in case of a need to get out of the house/community quickly, not running from anything or anybody.

And I guarantee, noone can carry what I have in those bags...trust me!!:scratch

8. backlash

backlash Well-Known Member

In your case they should work good.
    The one I keep in my truck is more of a get home bag and I would need to carry it.
    Like you I am not running anywhere.

9. Winter

Winter New Member

10. ajsmith

ajsmith Well-Known Member

A friend of mine uses a fishing tackle box and it works well. I picked up a bag from cheaperthandirt.com that so far is working out pretty good. It has carry handles and a shoulder strap and a hidden compartment for a pistol and maybe extra ammo and/or extra money. A place for two canteens, I used one for a canteen and the other place I put my alcohol and hydrogen peroxide. Plus six more outside pockets. Anyway, here's a couple pics.

Attached Files:

11. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

And now, the cute little tool bags at Kmart, (look like drs. bags to me) are 3.49>>>>that always happens AFTER I buy them>>>:scratch

Hey, aj...that looks like our Eddie Bauer bag...and yes, it's carrying our clothes and personals...

12. Centraltn

Thats a great medical bag.. looks like it'll last a lifetime.

13. ajsmith

ajsmith Well-Known Member

LOL....sounds like you have the same luck I do, it's always cheaper after I buy it......The bag I have, I'm using just for first aid, it's made by Condor.