My approach is similar. I dump the bleach and run it to the faucets, then stop.once a year I used to dump 1 gallon of regular bleach down our well and let it set over night. we would not use any water. then the next day I would turn on all the faucet until i smelled bleach and we would let it sit like this for another day. Then the next day i would open all the faucets until the smell went away and we would be set for another year. This cleaned the entire system. Worked for us.
Adding one gallon of bleach to 5000gal of water isn't that strong, smell gone in a few days even in the hot water. By the way I have a tank-less water heater and only a small 30gal elect that is heated from the unused power from my solar/wind system. Once the batteries are at full charge it 'dumps' any excess power through the heating element in that water heater, thus preheating the water prior to the tank-less one.It takes a flush of the HW tank if you do that. Just running clean water through it takes forever since it just mixes with the bleach solution in the tank.
Respectfully, I've been adding bleach to my water for over 20 years. It IS what you do to avoid getting sick. It work and is safe. If you add to much its a bad thing but a little kills the bad stuff and prevents many illnesses.Simple answer DONT!!!!!
yes it will kill bacteria but you need some bacteria to allow the well to stary fresh killing all bacteria will make the water deplete of oxygen fast.
then it become anoxic and then you have real problems.
1/2 a cup of hydrated lime will kill 95% of the bad stuff but the good stuff will eat this and benifit you if you live in a area of limestone this is the best water.
if you can get a big chunk of limestone hollow out a section and let the water fillter through this its slow and needs filling every so often but this will remove all bad stuff and drip a constant supply of clean poure water regardless of what goes in
but chemicals are a no no
they go through too
chlorine is another no no its ok for government to say its ok like flouride but they have a veru complex process that is hard to recreate on a small scale and they add it in gaseous form which is very diufferent to pool chlorine
stay natural where you can and stay healthy and safe