Bet you think your **** smells like roses

Discussion in 'Nutrition' started by Sentry18, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Sentry18

Sentry18 Well-Known Member

This section is called HEALTH and nutrition. I decided this post belonged in health, although it does apply to an aspect of nutrition. In fact, perhaps it could be in the survival or preparedness section too. You will know why in a minute.

Anyway have you seen the Poo Pourri commercials? They are absolutely hilarious (I will post one down below). I bet those commercials have done more to sell their product than the actual product has. A few years ago I got a bottle of Poo Pourri as a gag gift. The funniest part however was that the stuff actually worked. And by worked I mean it takes a foul smelling restroom moment and makes it far less foul smelling, almost or in some cases not foul smelling at all. It works about 20x better than deodorizing sprays and 10x better than lighting a match and opening a window. This is especially beneficial in a house with 8 people and 3 bathrooms and even moreso during holidays or other events when the population of my domiciles triples or more. The only drawback of Poo Pourri is the price tag: $9 for 2oz. While it only takes 3-5 sprits to get the job done that still seems expensive to me. So when my gag gift of Poo Pourri ran out, I decided to try a copycat recipe. Which is what this post it about. A sort of deodorizing tincture using essential oils which give you a Poo Pourri like substitute for just pennies.

Here's what you need:

3-4 oz glass spray bottle
    35-40 drops of essential oils (or more if desired)
    1 tsp of Vodka or Isopropyl Alcohol
    Distilled water

Combine the 1 tsp of Vodka or Isopropyl Alcohol with the 35-40 drops of essential oils. I use 20 drops of lemon grass and 20 drops of peppermint. Mix together well. Add 3 oz of distilled water. Shake it up.

When you feel the urge spray the mixture into the toilet bowl onto the water's surface. Usually 3-5 sprays is all you need. Do the deed and flush it down. The room will be considerably more pleasant than if you didn't use the spray. Which is probably more of a service to others than to yourself.

Homesteaders with outhouses, this probably won't help you. ;)

By the way when I make this stuff up for our house, we don't call it Poo Pourri. We call it Un-Doo-Poo.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaQ1CdISw8o[/ame]

2. terri9630

terri9630 Internet Princess

There are lots of those out there. Some of the commercials are really funny.

3. phideaux

phideaux Dogs breath

My wife insists on sending you a big hug, and thank you card....

Hmmmmmm:dunno::dunno:

Jim

4. Pessimistic2

Pessimistic2 Watching the world self-destruct!

Or you could use this stuff.....only $300 an ounce.....

This is likely the best in the world....but for $300 an ounce, it oughtta be!!

http://fortune.com/2015/03/13/oud-scent/

Excerpt: "Known as oud (or oudh), it comes from the wood of the Southeast Asian agar (aquilaria) tree. When the wood becomes infected with a particular type of mold, the tree reacts by producing a dark, scented resin, which is often called “liquid gold.” “Oud” is used to refer to both the resin-saturated wood (the agarwood) as well as the oil distilled from it. One reason oud is so expensive is its rarity; by some estimates, fewer than 2% of wild agar trees produce it. Experts claim that the very best oud comes from the oldest trees, which are even more scarce.
    It can sell for $5,000 a pound – or more. According to the International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences, oud oil can cost as much as £20,000 per kilogram (more than $30,000) depending on its purity.
    “Oud is astonishingly rare,” says Chandler Burr, the former New York Times perfume critic and author of The Emperor of Scent . “It has a very particular scent and there is nothing like it on the market. It’s dark, rich and opaque.”"

5. Danil54

Danil54 Well-Known Member

When hunny walks into the bathroom and starts blaming the cat for not coving up her poop. . . I'm good, but when hunny goes in there and nothing left n her box to cover. . .:D. I may need to try this recipe. Thanks for the share!

6. bigg777

bigg777 Well-Known Member

Funniest, best commercial ever. Prim and proper, little Miss Bethany talking about tenacious skid marks and prairie dogging it, cracks me up.:laugh:

7. terri9630

Here's the one I was thinking of. VI Poo.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L37-3v7DyYs[/ame].

8. Flight1630

Flight1630 Junior Member

Mine are fine, my wifes and daughters well thats umm not nice lol

9. jazzy12

jazzy12 Old Newbie

funny post but all too true when you got a house full of guests and only 2 bathrooms. i have tried the poo-pourri and it worked great, everyone liked it. then found a recipe online the same as the one posted above so i could make it and save some bucks.
    works pretty good., spray the toilet bowl 4-5 spritz, use the toilet, flush and huge difference, lol.

stuff works. find some good EO scents strong enough that you like, peppermint is good, lemon, rosemary, sandalwood or combos are all good. its simple to make, cheap and kinda good to have around.

10. rhrobert

rhrobert Happy in the hills

My mother in law sent me some...

11. Magus

Magus Scavenger deluxe

I live alone, so my Sh!t smells like sh!t. ROFL.

12. terri9630

Maybe that's why you live alone....:surrender:

13. Magus

Magus Scavenger deluxe

Nah, I live alone because I'm set in my ways and untameable.

14. terri9630

That's what my husband thought.:D

15. bigg777

bigg777 Well-Known Member

My dog just ripped a serious fart, looked up at me, as if "What the hell was that?", and then proceeded to sniff his butt.

Brings a tear to his daddy's eye . . . for 2 reasons!:D

16. phideaux

phideaux Dogs breath

I'm sure they just slipped....

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YOhPDa65qA[/ame]

Jim

17. Flight1630

Flight1630 Junior Member

Our dog does the exact same thing but she gets all embarrassed after the butt sniffing. It's too funny.

18. Magus

Magus Scavenger deluxe

I ain't been trapped yet.:p
    Almost only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades.:p

19. Omg I just snorted my water lol XD