Best Price Sale on the Rayovac SE3DLN Sportsman Extreme 3D LED Lantern

Discussion in 'For Sale & Wanted' started by GetPreparedStuff, Dec 17, 2009.

1. GetPreparedStuff

GetPreparedStuff Member

I saw this on Amazon today (Dec 17), but I don't know how long it will last.
    It's a listing for what I think is the current best LED lantern on the market.

The sale is for the
    Rayovac SE3DLN Sportsman Extreme 3D LED Lantern

[​IMG]
    It's currently $24.00 (with free shipping if you can get total purchase above $25 total)

That is the cheapest price I've seen it sell for on Amazon or anyplace else for that matter.

I liked these lanterns so much and people were always asking me to get them that I got a Rayovac dealership to buy them, but for these lanterns at this price I can't touch it with shipping included so get them while you can. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Here's a couple threads on another fourm that have discussed this lantern:
    Three LED Lanterns Compared (Rayovac, Sylvania, Energizer) - CandlePowerForums
    http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=218303
    Current best LED lantern? - CandlePowerForums

They run 60+ hours on 3 D cell alkaline batteries on high or about 150 hrs on low.

A box of 72 alkaline batteries would give you a year supply of light at 5 hours of light per day.

... sorry, but as of late this evening the price has gone back up to $28 and change. It's still a good buy and recommended.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  2. GetPreparedStuff

GetPreparedStuff Member

Amazon.com has the Rayovac lantern on special again for $25 which is about $3-$5 cheaper than you'll find it normally priced.

Pick a couple lanterns up along with a case of 72 batteries and you'll be set for up to a year supply of light for the next 10 years.

Just a note on batteries, an alkaline battery has a rated shelf life of 7 years but at the end of that 7th year that battery will still have 80% of it's initial capacity so if a case of 72 batteries just sits on the shelf in a cool dry basement room, at the end of seven years you'll still have 9 months of light available in those batteries.

LED lanterns and a box of batteries is a great way to store light. The new LED lanterns are bright, the batteries stores longer and safer than liquid fuel and the light is safe and easy to use for any member of your family. No fire, no fumes, no mantels or wicks to replace, no chimneys to crack. These new LED lanterns really are the best method to provide your household with emergency lighting.