Been compromised, need advice quick!

Discussion in 'General Preparedness Discussion' started by BACKSTABBED, Aug 3, 2011.

1. BACKSTABBED

BACKSTABBED New Member

I have pretty much dropped from this site because there are many conspiracists posting here, but I check in from time to time to read. This is an anonymous post. Now I am drinking the kool-aid.

Okay, you are friendly with your nearby neighbors, one particular couple who is popular in the area, stops by from time to time to chat, admire your garden and outdoor improvements (greenhouse, chickens, orchard, etc etc). They ask you about hunting, share ATV and camping experiences and chit chat politics.

They have been in the area 15 years or more, and have always been polite but keep to local family generally.

You know to be evasive and try to learn more about them than they about you. You would think of them as a potential future ally.

Then suddenly, you realize you’ve been marked. They are gone but the discussion of what would you do specifically for this or that makes you realize that they have been interrogating you for some time.

You know your answers have been vague, simple and humble, (no gold, guns and preps talk), but you just KNOW you’ve been shanked by another organized group.

You are well prepped, and have local family starting to assemble within minutes of a SHTF emergency. You can stand your own ground and have not compromised security plans.

You know they will breeze by again, what would you do? Ask them straight up or keep playing the game? Moving is not an option.

Real situation, advice requested………..:gaah:

2. PamsPride

PamsPride edirPsmaP

Marked? What do you mean by marked? Do you think they are going to purposefully take you out first if the SHTF?

3. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

Or does he mean they will come to his home first for his stores and supplies??

4. labouton

labouton Well-Known Member

You could always go to their home and scope them out.

5. Turtle

Turtle Well-Known Member

I'm assuming that you are talking about a hypothetical future scenario and not a simple breaking and entering?

If you are talking about another group marking you as a target at some point in the future, I would say confront them. Make a show of force and make it clear that you will not roll over.

If you think that they may try to break in and steal your equipment in the near future, I would contact the police and share your concerns. If nothing else, they will probably step up their patrols in your area.

6. Meerkat

Meerkat Seeking The Truth

Go to their house and do a reversal on them.Just show up and start asking questions like they ask you.If your not welcome If they come back, tell them to get the hell off your property.
    Some people are just nosey and don't mean any harm,they have to have a dose of their own meds.

7. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

what would be their motivation if they perceive you as having nothing 'of value'?

8. BACKSTABBED

BACKSTABBED New Member

My concern is that another potential post SHTF group has put me on their radar.

I am not worried about midnight antics, but instead figuring out in full SHTF are they friend or foe.

If I confront and blow them off, they may plan to be antagonistic in an event. Or I could be cooperative and give away too much info.

I am not as much running scared as much as kicking myself that this wiseguy got probed without seeing it coming. They were smoother than me and now I have to roll the dice and decide what my counter action is.

9. TrackerRat

TrackerRat Well-Known Member

How about join em ???????

10. XR750

XR750 Member

I think you should pay them a visit and learn as much as you can.
    In fact you should visit them all time.
    Keep quiet about any preps you have and play down any prepping you do.
    Every time you see them ask them question that if they asked you. Uou would not want to answer and basically make a pain out of yourself.
    Eventually they will run when they see you coming. :congrat: Their now out of your life with minimum damage.
    Joe-R

11. JustCliff

JustCliff Supporting Member

Do nothing right now.
    Figure out what you have said and write it down. Then write you a nice piece of believable fiction chocked full of information. Study it and know it. That will be your new reality as far as others are concerned. Do not change the way you behave. Start giving disinformationwith things that can't readily be proven like, cache locations and contents.

12. ZoomZoom

ZoomZoom Rookie Prepper

In what way do you KNOW? I'm playing devils advocate here and wondering if their specific questions are due to their consideration of the same situation but don't know how to handle it best and are truly looking for advise or alternatives.

13. kejmack

kejmack Texas!!!

Marked? Sounds like you are the one with the conspiracy issue! LOL Next time they stop by, let them know in no uncertain terms that you don't work well with others and you run with scissors.

14. HozayBuck

HozayBuck Well-Known Member

Don't worry about it

First of all..forewarned is forearmed.. "IF" they have something bad going on then your now aware of them too... just go on doing what you always do..

They may have been checking you out to see if your going to be an asset or a problem...in a shtf

You say you gave no information about your preps or weapons etc so in essence you look like a nice neighbor who has some chickens and a garden..

Maybe something in your lifestyle made your neighbors nervous, like being reclusive or whatever..

I do think your drinking the koolaid a bit to much simply because you are letting this freak you out to the point you may let it start making you paranoid to the point of really worrying your neighbors..

Just keep on doing whatever you do prepping as before, living your life as always ...

There are some mistakes we all make...for instance talking to freely in forums... while I have no idea how anybody could be back tracked thru their computer foot prints I know it can be done and I'm sure there are folks doing just that...the feds for sure..

If nothing else you learned a lesson.. anytime somebody takes an interest in you for a while then drops off is enough to make you wonder , I usually check to see is I have something green stuck in my teeth and sniff my pits... but at the same time I'm not going to throw the door open to strangers that's what fences and gates are for...

Kinda when a good looking woman pays attention to an old fart like me..."What's SHE LOOKING FOR"... :D:D:D

15. Turtle

Turtle Well-Known Member

Okay, so I just read the original post again....

If this couple has been in your neighborhood for fifteen years and not caused any trouble, have been friendly with you in all the time you have known them, I would say that you are probably safe. It could very well be that they are going through something difficult and have not been able to spare the time to visit. I think if it were me, I would stop by their house and just say, "hey, haven't seen you guys in a while, just wanted to stop by and see how you guys are doing." If you are wrong about them, you are being a good neighbor and friend. If you are correct in your suspicions, it will give you a chance to check them out.

16. BillS

BillS Well-Known Member

There's no reason to worry. Just make sure you're armed when the collapse happens. You'll need to have people take turns being awake and armed. That's what I plan to do. I live in a condo complex. There's no way to hide the fact that I haul in 24 jugs of water almost every week day.

17. TheAnt

TheAnt Aesops Ant (not Aunt)

I agree with XR750 possibly with the exception of trying to become an annoyance. In all likelyhood if they actually did scope you out it was to ascertain if you were a threat to them or if you are a potential ally. Be friendly and learn what you can and possibly you will find an ally in SHTF scenario. The last thing you want to do is confront them in an antogonistic way. Even if they are a threat you have the element of surprise on your side if they dont know that you are on to them. If you are worried they would attack at the first sign of S flying toward the F then you know who to look out for... simple as that. Just learn from the expereince and dont share too much -- ever. In all likelyhood they are preppers just like you that want to know if you are a friend or enemy. Dont fret none.

18. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

It sounds to me like you have a couple of choices:
    1. Status-quo - do as you normally do
    2. Pull the insane card - start lookin' like a craze'd hippy, wear a tin-foil hat over a baseball cap
    3. Pull secondary insane card - Wear an "Obama for President" hat
    4. Start collecting "garbage" to spread around your yard making it look like you have hit a poverty-level so low that you should not be a target
    5. Start rumours either about yourself or about the couple who scope'd you out - make the rumour very believable and horrible at the same time (WestNile, AIDS, drugs, cleptomania, etc)

19. TheAnt

TheAnt Aesops Ant (not Aunt)

Haha, NaeKid you are hilarious! Careful with wearing an 'Obama for President' hat -- in some parts of the country that could get you shot!

20. BillM

BillM BillM

Take a deep breath

Take a deep breath man. Everyone is not out to get you yet. after the SHTF you will have plenty of people to worry about. Right now you can pretty well lay back and just don't broadcast that you have a years supply of everything.

If you want to know about someone all you have to do is just state, " I worry sometimes about what would happen if we had some kind of disaster!".

You can decide from their reply whether you want to carry the discussion further.

:rolleyes: