Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry folks, been awhile since I have been on the forum. Many reasons for that, with one of the biggest is that my hard drive actually got fried and the backup system did not save all my bookmarks. Finally found most of my bookmarks! Praise the Lord for that!

On Sunday, I went for a drive to a flea market that is open only on Sundays and bought a washboard. I know they are more efficient than our regular washing machines of today. Yes, a bit more elbow grease, but you do use a lot less water and your clothes are a lot more cleaner!:2thumb:

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
Been wondering where you disappeared off to ... welcome back

·
Registered
333 Posts
Welcome back, :wave:

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Welcome back! Glad to have you among us again!

The Rapid Washer laundry plunger from Lehman's is as good, if not better, at getting clothes clean than a wash board. We have both, and I like the plunger. It's like a toilet plunger, only it's a a few layers of metal cones with holes scattered about the inner cones for water to rush through as you "plunge" your laundry. We've been using ours for 8 years now and love it. Clothes get much cleaner than an automatic wash machine gets them.

I do use my wash board to scrub out socks, dish towels, and blue jeans, though.

·
Still waiting for the zombies.
1,596 Posts
Welcome back!

You said your drive fried... did you replace it or wipe it out and start over? If you replaced it the old one might still be good and recoverable if enough data is missing from your backup.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all for the nice warm welcome back! Love you all! Well, they had to wipe clean the drive to see if it was useable... unfortunately it was gone including my MotherBoard as well. It happened here at the office at work, and naturally I forgot to bookmark the forum on my laptop and couldn't for the life of me remember the name! Must be getting old! LOL You should of seen the smoke coming from the computer! And the battery also failed. Talk about bad luck and all the documents I had on the computer here at work which I thankfully always kept hard copies! Guess what? I have also hard copy now of all my bookmarks!

:congrat:

·
Still waiting for the zombies.
1,596 Posts
Well, they had to wipe clean the drive to see if it was useable...
Sad...:confused: They should have just put in a new drive, got you up and running and then tried to recover the existing drive. Since you said it was at work... I'd assume they have other similar computers there. Literally 5 minutes with nothing more than a screwdriver may have been enough to save the drive if it was physically fried and if it was only corrupt OS files they could have connected it to another system and easily pulled your data, bookmarks, etc. off of it.

Oh well... At least you have good backups now. There is still a case to be made for hard copies of critical info.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts