·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
It looks like you are hooked. :D

They look awesome ... :congrat:

·
Registered
300 Posts
How long does that last and how do you prepare it?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Why it looks like instant shredded BBQ beef sammaches for dinner!

Or shredded beef tacos or with a bit of other ingredients some nice quick beef stew.. or, or or... Should I go on!

It looks great!:2thumb::2thumb::2thumb:

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh yeah, I am hooked allright. LOL
I am actually proud of myself....not much of a better feeling than to have all your jars seal after all the hard work!!
Now as long as they stay sealed then I am in the game! LOL
Thanks everyone.....

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
worldengineer -

I raw pack (large critters - beef, pork and etc.), cut it into 1 inch cubes and place in wide mouth qt. jars. I don't pack mine ... or add water, salt or anything else. (but that is just me )

Pressure can for 1 and half hours at 10# (check you area for the right pressure)

Some folks add water and salt ... I don't.

How long does that last ... We can for a year but have used it two or three years past (jars got pushed to the back ;)). As long as the seal is good with no rust on the lids.

·
38 Posts
Awesome. Looks really great! :congrat:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Looks great. Little darkening at the top (no fluid covering) is ok as long as you have a good seal. We had pork paprikash last night from my canned pork loin. OMG it was good and quick too. (My sour cream was pre Japan incident)

·
Registered
837 Posts
canning is like putting coins in a jar, it'll still be there at the same price when the price goes up and the power is off. I see you're losing some liquid. are you using 1" head space?

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And....Thank you everyone for the comments, If the jars look good to you all I must be doing something right. :)

·
Supporting Member
1,669 Posts
And....Thank you everyone for the comments, If the jars look good to you all I must be doing something right. :)
I think you are awesome!! I still have not worked up the courage to use the pressure canner....it's brand new also...........gulp, you really have me fired up to start though. Good job!!:2thumb:

·
Supporting Member
3,243 Posts
I think you are awesome!! I still have not worked up the courage to use the pressure canner....it's brand new also...........gulp, you really have me fired up to start though. Good job!!:2thumb:
ROFL I felt the same way! I had a pressure canner/cooker for years before I ever even took it out of the box I was so scared of it. :nuts: I blame my parents!

Exsheeple you did an outstanding job! Congradulations on such a great first try! :beercheer:

·
803 Posts
Yep, you must be. I guess I'm gonna have to try it. Have never eaten any home canned meat. I have canned and helped can veggies just about my whole life. So, I may have to try meat now. Thanks for sharing yours with us.

Jimmy

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Your welcome....I have not posted much lately, been a little busy drying veggies. I have found a whole new world in doing that. so far 4 lbs carrots, 2 lbs of peas and corn. I will try and take pics soon and post them on my other thread. HAPPY PREPPING!!!!

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
Good job, Exsheeple. Looks great!

·
BillM
2,001 Posts
Picked my first Lettus

I picked lettus this morning and we ate out first fresh garden salad for lunch!

I'll have tomatos in two weeks.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
already canned 18 jars of toms. :melikey: froze about 8 lb. of squash. cannned about dozen jars that were to big to be good sliced. made several jars of pickles. that was last week. now time to start over:cry:. lol:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts