Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing a little reading up on bug-out vehicles and hurricane evacuations. Here's a basic article I put together on the topic:

Getting Your Vehicle Ready For An Emergency Evacuation

Obviously, if you will be driving through zombie armies and fending off competing warlords, you're vehicle set up my be a tad different. :)

·
Registered
482 Posts
While I am not a big fan of the luxury/townie SUV's, not everyone can afford to have an extra vehicle around. If that is the case you have to use what you got.....even if it is a "citified" SUV.

The basic info that GatorDude posted is useful. Thanks for posting it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
eat it zombies!

I've thought about once I have some property maybe burring a shipping crate with a VW baja bug, I figured something cheap, store for a long period of time, easy to work on and maintain and emp proof, :)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Personally, I prefer a light truck over an SUV. As long as it has 4 wheel drive, it should do. The reason for this is that a light truck like a Toyota will get better speed, gas mileage, and cargo capacity than your average SUV or heavy duty truck. A good tarp will keep your supplies clean and dry. The only downside is the cramped back seat. But in an emergency situation, it will do just fine.

The most important thing I look at in a BOV is how easy to maintain and repair it is. When hell breaks loose, you can't stand around waiting for triple-a. When you have a vehicle which you depend on to save your life, you had better be sure that it is something you are comfortable with tearing apart and fixing.

·
Registered
83 Posts
you need a supercharger and two sweet gas tanks in your back hatch. Supposedly they are making a mad max 4 but its gonna be a little different story line and no mel

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
How about a Toy......... :ignore:

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
I would think that the best BugOut vehicle would be a bumblebee ... never run out of fuel or armor or weapons!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Is there a hemi in it?
No need, its a Cummins 24 valve with a Bully Dog upgrade, on the fly Outlook monitor, and one of the options, race, will burn rubber for a block, and still run on veggie oil if necessary. The tank in back holds 75 gal diesel reserve and will fill with a elect pump with auto shut off. 4WD auto. of course.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My BOV is a 1995 Ford F150 4x4 long bed, dual fuel tanks, V8, 9 inches of lift riding on 35" tires. I used drive jeeps but now need something bigger. The big truck will not go places the jeep would but it hauls way more stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Just found this site and thought it might be useful to chat to people who are trying to accomplish the same as me!

I spend too much of my life on the internet and look forward to chatting to you all and picking up and sharing ideas along the way!

Eva
I'm not sure what this is about. :confused:

1 - 20 of 133 Posts