Bad News Shared Is A Burden Lessened....

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by HarleyRider, Sep 1, 2010.

1. HarleyRider

HarleyRider Comic Relief Member

Unfortunately, my arthritis got the best of me and I had to sell my beloved Harley.... :cry::cry::cry::cry:

There's no point in possibly hurting someone when you can't operate the controls very well.

I'd been riding motorcycles for over 50 years; now I guess it time hang up my leathers for good.

Maybe I should change my name on the site from HarleyRider to something else. Any suggestions? :surrender:

2. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

:cry::(

Sorry to hear that. A sad day, indeed. We're getting to where we can't ride ours as much. MMM's hands start cramping up and hurting.

Surely with your gift of lyrics you'll think up something to change your name to, but it'd be okay to leave it alone too. You'll always have the memories and the love of the ride.

3. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

That sucks royally! I grew up on the back of a cruiser and moved to the dirt world. Now I am looking at doing both now that my dad, being retired, is cruising all the time on his Harley. He just finished a 15-day tour from his place to southern California, up through Oregon / Washington with a stop at Mt. St.Helen's, home for a couple days then hop back on and head out to Vancouver for a couple days, then over to Saskatchewan ... and onto other places ...

4. horseman09

horseman09 Well-Known Member

Whooooaaaa there, big fella. Why change your name? You rode Harleys for 50 years -- that certainly justifies keeping the name. Bikin' is in your head....all those memories.... and arthritis can't change that.

5. mdprepper

mdprepper I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...

HarleyRider, I am sorry you had to give up your motorcycle.

Don't you dare change your name. Bike or no bike you will always be our HarleyRider!:kiss:

Besides if you changed your name it would have to be "WriterofBadLyrics" :eek: :D

6. Littlebit

Littlebit Well-Known Member

I feel for you. :( Arthritis has stop me from doing alot of thing I love to do, but I have found my imagenation lets me do anything without the pain. :)
    Don't even think about changing your name. Its Cool!

7. kyfarmer

kyfarmer Well-Known Member

Well welcome to that sucky club, mines been gone for 10 years. Now ride a ATV arthritis has kicked my old azz off the bike. Many friends offer during the last mothersday ride. Been a long time for the bozzy creek rally. Guess i,am getting old. Don't think i don't know 100% how ya feel brother.

8. catsraven

catsraven Meoww

Oh man that sucks big time :cry::cry::cry: And dont you change your name. You have every right to call your self HarleyRider. Well now thats settled :D :kiss:

9. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

Yeah. It appears to be unanimous. The name stays. :D

10. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

have you thought about building/buying a trike? or a sidecar? I've found that the the balancing micro-adjustments are what hurt my back on a bike...

... I've never ridden a trike long distance tho

11. HarleyRider

HarleyRider Comic Relief Member

Thank You.

You guys and gals have to be the best friends anyone could wish for. :eek: Thank you all for the kind words, and you're right... "HarleyRider" stays. :surrender: :D:D

I thought about a trike, but my inability to grip the hand controls are whats causing most of the problem.

I think I will turn my attention to getting a BOV, since I don't really have one. Maybe I'll take Jerry's advice and trick out an older Suburban. It seems to have survived about 83 nuclear wars, famine, riots, and HEMP attacks, with more to come. :cool:

Anyhoo.... here's to all of you; and thanks. :beercheer:

12. wolfwhisper

wolfwhisper Active Member

:cry::cry::cry::cry: so sorry to hear that i really feel for you. but dont even think for one time at changing your name. beside how would we know who you were;) but really keep the name, like everyone it is who you are and in the blood you earned it:kiss:

13. HozayBuck

HozayBuck Well-Known Member

Be what ya are...

Man I hear ya, I got hurts in places I never knew I had, and as a shooter I can feel the hand slowly getting stiff... but as long as the naproxin works I'll keep at it..

As for your handle?? Your a Harley rider, even if you can't your still one and will die one and will re-incarnate as one, well you know what I mean... so you can change it if ya want, but we won't acknowledge it! :2thumb:.. so, stay where yer at, besides if ya change I won't remember who you are.

Be who ya are, wear your leather jacket and live the memory's dance nekid in the moon light...opps that's not you...!

HB

14. townparkradio

townparkradio Family Friendly DJ

My condolences. I didn't even discover I loved riding until I was 32... it hurts enough to give it up because I can't locate an alternator for my bike.. I can't imagine if I had to give up because my body made it too hard to continue.