Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our pygmy goat, Sassy, had her kids (2) about half an hour ago. They're both standing. :) Will report back tonight.

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
:woohoo:

I love baby goats and lambs and chicks and :D ...I have a little while to wait yet on ours ... around the end of this month.

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Still standing. 1 boy, 1 girl. Here they are at 1 hour old.

All cleaned up

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
What cute babies. :congrat:Love the little coats.:2thumb:

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was cold and windy and they were shivering so we helped out a bit. :D

·
I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...
1,799 Posts
Awwww...too cute!!!

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
Hey Joe, my wife loved the pics but we are curious...just how big is a newborn pygmy goat?

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jason, about 6"-8" but these 2 aren't pure pygmy. Our Boer got out of his pen and "had his way" with all the girls last fall. We lost the oldest one about 2weeks ago. She had 4 and apparently the stress of birthing was too much for her. 3 of the kids were stillborn and the other died shortly after. But we have 3 more does that should be kidding in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Two more kids on Sunday afternoon; both girls. :woohoo:

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
:2thumb: How many goats do you have to kid?

I'm waiting ... :gaah: ... My first lambs are due on the April 1st and the goats I'm not sure but it will not be long. :flower:

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Two more, sometime around the end of April.

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Our first baby goat was born not more than an hour ago. :woohoo: The grand baby wanted 'to walk to the barn and see the horses' :D After that we had to go and look at the goats and Willow was not with the herd. The search was on ... and a short time later we find her and her new baby buck.:D

Boy did I have a lot of question to answer. LOL

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:congrat: Kids are so cute... until they grow up to be goats and start eating their shelter. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
When they are that young do they taste like chicken.:D:(:dunno::scratch:ignore::sssh: me bad.
:eek::gaah::cry:

Bob you are right! " You are bad " ;)

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
When they are that young do they taste like chicken.:D:(:dunno::scratch:ignore::sssh: me bad.
Doesn't everything taste like chicken? :D

Pics? Sorry, something is wrong with the camera. It won't stay turned on long enough to take any. I'll take it to be looked at sooner or later. Probably later. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I forgot to post the latest additions, actually the end of the goat additions for this year. 2 more girls about 2 weeks ago and a boy and a girl 2 days ago. That makes an even 20. Here is everyone together about 2 hours after the last 2 were born.

Now we have 3 hens setting. We're developing quite a zoo around here. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Love the picture!!!!!!!:D

Our goats and the jacob are finished for the year... a buck/ram year for the most part ... but as my hubby said ... "more to put up this fall ... we will have lots of meat for the table.":D

Waiting on the icelandic to drop but I 'know' one will be a cross with the jacob and not due till July. (waiting is hard:gaah:)lol

Thanks for the picture...:2thumb:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts