Aussie hello's.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Alice, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Alice

Alice New Member

Hi everyone. I am a 34 year old mother of three little ones. I have been quietly and slowly prepping for a few years. I have about 6 months worth of stores stashed ( no more room till reno's finished), we have a full camping set up and regularly all go bush camping, so the kids are all well used to ****ting in a hole and cooking on a fire:p. I grow my veggis and last year started learning drying and bottling as well as seed saving. We are avid 4wd ers so we have lots of maps and good locations in our minds that we could utillise if the need arose that very few people would know about. At the moment we are madly trying to finish this house so we can get ourselves on to a bit more land and start to set ourselves up a biit beter.. I am interested in this site as it seems to have some good practicle information on it. I'm off for a sticky now. Chat soon. Alice.

2. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

:welcome: Share what you know. Ask what you don't. :wave:

3. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you with us!

What does that mean..."off for a sticky"?

I love the different ways people say things in other countries! But that's one I haven't heard.

4. Alice

Alice New Member

Thanks guys. Off for a sticky or having a sticky beak means having a look at something. A sticky beak is a person who is nosey.

5. mdprepper

mdprepper I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...

:welcome: to the forums!

6. ZoomZoom

ZoomZoom Rookie Prepper

Welcome to the forum!!

7. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

WELCOME, :welcome:Alice from a long time preparer. Look forward to your replies and posts.

8. jungatheart

jungatheart Beginner's Mind

Welcome. I love the way you talk.

9. Clarice

Clarice Well-Known Member

Welcome, hope you find some useful info here and have some to share with us. I lived in Australia for a while in the 60's. Loved it.