Prepared Society Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
I sold my soul to the internet
2,121 Posts
Gee never heard that one before. Atheism was around way before religion. I'm not mad at god just as I'm not mad at the tooth fairy, I just see god everywhere on billboards and stuff and I absoleutly love our amazing planet and universe
I think you are lonely & like to ague on line.
The first time atheism was in 18th century.
The believe in nothing,no gods or God only can be traced by to 5th century.
Prove this post wrong with written proof.

·
There is a place in Hell for me...the THRONE.
8,927 Posts
Not arguing with you. I just want to rub the kid's nose in it.

Primitive man held beliefs in higher/bigger powers that be to explain things they could not understand or explain at the time. This is believed to predate the written word as many stories of gods and spirits that control nature were passed on through oral stories and songs. Hence "oral tradition"

·
I sold my soul to the internet
2,121 Posts
Not arguing with you. I just want to rub the kid's nose in it.

Primitive man held beliefs in higher/bigger powers that be to explain things they could not understand or explain at the time. This is believed to predate the written word as many stories of gods and spirits that control nature were passed on through oral stories and songs. Hence "oral tradition"
Let me clarify my statement.:eek:
I said "written proof" as in someone like a historian & some data from a online search. Not my belief arguing your or their belief.
We all have the right to believe what we want & argue that point.
But if I want you to believe as I do then I should sight two or more persons that most people would believe (Professor or Historian, or expert).

·
Banned
82 Posts
Maybe not your group, but some do.

I know persons with family memebers that are atheists & they say not all atheists believe the same, but all Believe there is no God/higher power than man.
Once again maybe your group, but some don't, you see there's a huge difference between believing there is no god and not believing in god. The former means thinking you KNOW there is no god, when realistically we don't know if he or if he or it for that matter doesn't

·
Banned
82 Posts

Think of primitive man, before they could develop rituals, languages, and such, they didn't believe he existed, while modern atheistic philosophy has only been around since the age of reason began

·
Banned
82 Posts

Ooh a grammar test! Ok, um, argue not ague, online not on line, I can't really understand that third statement. you can't believe In nothing, you don't believe in something. By god do you mean belief in God? Because according to ancient mythology god was around way before that.

·
Banned
2,601 Posts
You know what PrepDope, why don't you just go away again. You never contribute anything of worth to this forum, you just cause contention, so bye.

·
8,927 Posts
Once again maybe your group, but some don't, you see there's a huge difference between believing there is no god and not believing in god. The former means thinking you KNOW there is no god, when realistically we don't know if he or if he or it for that matter doesn't
From Merriam-Webster:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/atheism

athe·ism
noun \ˈā-thē-ˌi-zəm\
Definition of ATHEISM
archaic : ungodliness, wickedness
a : a disbelief in the existence of deity
b : the doctrine that there is no deity

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
I went back and looked and Derp was a self-described Christian last spring, then was absent and now he is an atheist? Sounds like this is not a matter of spiritual beliefs but of immaturity and confusion. You obviously don't understand atheism anymore than you understood Christianity.

·
8,927 Posts
I went back and looked and Derp was a self-described Christian last spring, then was absent and now he is an atheist? Sounds like this is not a matter of spiritual beliefs but of immaturity and confusion. You obviously don't understand atheism anymore than you understood Christianity.
Once again if we were both not married I'd kiss you for that comment.

Stop posting well thought out retorts that are neither insulting or trolling.

·
RockyMountainCanadian
4,288 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Getting to the original post. The average Atheist is incredibly annoying, much like vegans and cross fitters. I am an agnostic however I generally say atheist due to the fact that the average American has no idea what agnostic is. Only slightly less annoying are Christians who know less about their own religion than I know about 13th century poetry, yet accuse me of worshipping satan or being a criminal for not believing their particular strain of religion. I'm not sure what all this has to do with prepping but just my two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Survival Forum

·
Banned
82 Posts
And to think this started with a single question, I'm gonna speak my mind you crazy paranoid *******es, I asked a single albeit weird question and you guys jumped on the hate train, good ****ing riddance crazies

·
8,927 Posts
And to think this started with a single question, I'm gonna speak my mind you crazy paranoid *******es, I asked a single albeit weird question and you guys jumped on the hate train, good ****ing riddance crazies
WOW!

So no one can have an opinion that is different than yours?! What sound and intelligent thinking. :nuts:

Save us all the time of adding you to our ignore lists and delete your account.

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
See ya next time when you're a Mormon or a Moonie. :wave:

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
I think we are done here ...

41 - 57 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.