Prepared Society Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Scavenger deluxe
6,674 Posts
He's not as dumb as everyone thinks,
onery and intolerant at times, but not dumb.

·
Scavenger deluxe
6,674 Posts
I'd split my ammo with BillS any day...
Just as long as I only had to hear about going to hell on Sunday. LOL

·
The Black Pilgrim
1,339 Posts
When we Christians moved in and took over Pagan temples like the Pantheon or Santa Maria Sopra Minerva we weren't becoming pagans as some (protestants) suggest, we were claiming victory over them. The president being sworn in using the Holy Writ, does not a Christian nation us make!

It used to be possible to read that book in schools, now kids get kicked out of school for reading it.

It used to be possible to claim that your (misinterpretation) of that book did not allow you to engage in war (the most important task of the state), today many places make no exceptions for conscience (BTW the conscience of a Christian or an atheist).

It used to be that you could engage in a discussion about theological and philosophical principles without being pushed out of the public square and mocked. (BTW its because I believe in truth, and the principle of non-contradiction that I think this discussion is important, no squared circles for me!)

There are today many Christians who are deluded into thinking we are a Christian nation... There are far more who mistakenly believe they are Christians. The fact of the matter is that we are functionally pagan and atheistic, atheist in so far as we claim not to believe in God, and pagan in that we attached quasi divinity to idols and causes celebre and embrace a system of superstitions.

·
I sold my soul to the internet
2,121 Posts
You found some links to lawsuits. So? I never said no atheist ever filed a lawsuit. I clearly said some people mainly anti-theists are pretty outspoken. Not all atheists are anti-theists or want religion done away with altogether. The ONLY thing we have in common is lack of belief in a higher power. Any other ideas are solely up to the individual. There are no rules or set of beliefs we commonly hold or have to follow. So what if they do file lawsuits? Anyone in this country has the right to do so if they wish. It isn't an atheist phenomenon.
I am a theist & I live in S.C., so maybe we have less atheists then L.A or N.Y.
But I have never had an atheists treat me badly or ask me why I believe in God.
But I have heard about every atheists that suited in court.
Many theist are taught to ask are you born again or do you believe.

So I agree with you but it seems that all atheists are out to get the theists, because that all we hear & see.
Thank you for standing up & clearing the air, it the only way we will know that most atheist are not like the ones in the news.
I learn something every time I log on this site.

·
Banned
1,242 Posts
A local firehall has a lighted sign out front every year that says MERRY CHRISTMAS. A few years ago one single individual made an attempt to get it taken down...in an attempt to self worship, I guess. :rolleyes: It failed. The sign still goes up every year. :partydance:

What you usually find on the internet is atheists bullying religious people in an attempt to get them to respond in an un-Christian manner. It's an attempt to destroy. You almost never see a self-proclaimed Christian baiting others...unless it's concerning Muslims and the nation-state of Israel. That's when the phony Christian starts his Satanic rants/crusade. That's a destruction of God's Word. :nuts:

·
Scavenger deluxe
6,674 Posts
NOT directed at anyone in particular.

Atheism is next to racism in my book.
You love your god? I love my goddesses.
I won't bother you about mine if you don't bother me about yours.
Don't have a god[Some GODS even say there is no such] WONDERFUL!
But let me and my primitive brothers and sisters have ours until we evolve hmm?
Don't like our pentagrams, crosses, and etc?
Fine. you probably have habits that piss us off too, bet you don't want to hear about
them every thirty seconds.Atheists never see our churches and altars, when they do
they lump us in as SATANIC, but you better believe you're surrounded.the poor Christians
somehow forgot their god said:
"Whenever TWO OR MORE are gathered together in my name, there am I."
SO.. they have to build a church every mile or two when they should co-op like us
and be "AS wise as serpents and gentle as lambs" and move unseen like us.
I'm sure Atheists would love that.so go on, be your own god, I assure you the rest of
us "uneducated primitives" will be laughing when you fall, and we WON'T be helping you up either.
SO..Let the Christians put their ten commandments wherever they damn well please,
Let them praise baby or adult Jesus until they get hoarse and pray for relief.
It hasn't converted or made a single one of my kind convert or melt yet, it won't
hurt you either, so STFU and enjoy the ride, hell. have a good laugh at the theists expense,
hate all you like, but keep your damn trap shut before we collectively get sick of your
shit and do something about it hmm? I happen to like Yule, I do NOT care which god you
attribute it to, the end result is peace while we reload.

·
1,920 Posts
Im not sure what it is you might think you want to do about my yapping maw... But you might wanna ask first, just sayin.

Blessed Be

·
Scavenger deluxe
6,674 Posts
Wasn't directed at you bro, I though you were being pretty civil.
I was talking to the Madeline Murray O'hare's out there.

Let them pray or put up monuments etc, hasn't slowed us down in 2000 years.

·
Banned
82 Posts
NOT directed at anyone in particular.

Atheism is next to racism in my book.
I won't bother you about mine if you don't bother me about yours.
Don't have a god[Some GODS even say there is no such] WONDERFUL!
But let me and my primitive brothers and sisters have ours until we evolve hmm?
Don't like our pentagrams, crosses, and etc?
Fine. you probably have habits that piss us off too, bet you don't want to hear about
them every thirty seconds.Atheists never see our churches and altars, when they do
they lump us in as SATANIC, but you better believe you're surrounded.the poor Christians
somehow forgot their god said:
"Whenever TWO OR MORE are gathered together in my name, there am I."
SO.. they have to build a church every mile or two when they should co-op like us
and be "AS wise as serpents and gentle as lambs" and move unseen like us.
I'm sure Atheists would love that.so go on, be your own god, I assure you the rest of
us "uneducated primitives" will be laughing when you fall, and we WON'T be helping you up either.
SO..Let the Christians put their ten commandments wherever they damn well please,
Let them praise baby or adult Jesus until they get hoarse and pray for relief.
It hasn't converted or made a single one of my kind convert or melt yet, it won't
hurt you either, so STFU and enjoy the ride, hell. have a good laugh at the theists expense,
hate all you like, but keep your damn trap shut before we collectively get sick of your
shit and do something about it hmm? I happen to like Yule, I do NOT care which god you
attribute it to, the end result is peace while we reload.
I'm literally coming back to ask you a question: are you an atheist?

·
Banned
82 Posts
Some are. I think atheism is just a new fad for those rebelling against authority or just mad at the world (or God).
Gee never heard that one before. Atheism was around way before religion. I'm not mad at god just as I'm not mad at the tooth fairy, I just see god everywhere on billboards and stuff and I absoleutly love our amazing planet and universe

·
Banned
82 Posts
If I remember correctly Magus is a Pagan.

Does it matter if he has spirituality or not?
He just kind of acted like one. I mean I'm an atheist and I'm pretty much a Buddhist monk except I don't believe in karma and reincarnation, I'm really peaceful and I'm only slightly annoyed by hate groups like the WBC

·
Banned
82 Posts
Evolution, as preached by atheists is crap. Things change and adapt.the infamous "iceman" would have been incapable of
producing offspring with a modern human and he was only 3000 years old or so.I have to back BillS here[a sign of the apocalypse]
Humans as we know them were either imported from elsewhere or modified on the spot by something or someone.we can piss and moan about who and what until hell freezes over however.there is too much proof that we are NOT from this neighborhood, and NO proof of some silly ass, knuckle dragging mythical ancestor known as the "Missing link" because he simply does NOT exist UNLESS there were just two, and their offspring were so radically different they were a completely new species, but that would be like a boa constrictor laying chicken eggs. :p
That is not even remotely what atheists think evolution is, we believe we evolved over billions of years from small micro organisms.
And we can test evolution with fruit flies, lots of insects have developed resistances to pesticides, and humans have developed lots of immunities

·
There is a place in Hell for me...the THRONE.
8,927 Posts
He just kind of acted like one. I mean I'm an atheist and I'm pretty much a Buddhist monk except I don't believe in karma and reincarnation, I'm really peaceful and I'm only slightly annoyed by hate groups like the WBC
If you had even read the post you quoted you wouldn't have needed to ask if he was...

I have a feeling you only came back to stir sh*t with a stick.

·
I sold my soul to the internet
2,121 Posts
That is not even remotely what atheists think evolution is, we believe we evolved over billions of years from small micro organisms.
And we can test evolution with fruit flies, lots of insects have developed resistances to pesticides, and humans have developed lots of immunities
Maybe not your group, but some do.
I know persons with family memebers that are atheists & they say not all atheists believe the same, but all Believe there is no God/higher power than man.

·
RockyMountainCanadian
4,288 Posts
I really feel sorry for someone who believes that human is the top of the heap, empirical data doesn't show much promise.:brickwall:

·
I invented the internet. :rofl:
3,698 Posts
... Atheism was around way before religion. ...
You can prove that, right? (By "religion" I'm assuming that you mean God or gods.) You might also clearly define what you mean by "atheist."

21 - 40 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.