Are you aware of these?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Clarice, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Clarice

Clarice Well-Known Member

Executive Orders 10997; 10998; 10999; 11000; 11490; 11919; 11921;12656 and 13010. We have no rights. Keep prepping and keep your mouth shut.

2. SurviveNthrive

SurviveNthrive a dude

I betcha that the Obama health care plan partially relies upon the executive order that the Feds have the authority to control medical staff as they do the military, for example, like England, they can direct a nurse to work where they want him or her rather than where that person wishes to work, cause them to be 'assigned' as in moved, just like military personnel, at the cost of their licensing or registration if they fail to follow instructions. This can be enacted when a shortage is labeled a 'crisis'.

A large percentage of medical people wanted the Obamacare, but don't even know what the possibilities are.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2010

3. Clarice

So true. Be careful what you ask for (especially from the government) you just might get it and more.

4. thunderdan19

thunderdan19 Shoots to Thrill

For the sake of expediting the thread, care to link or summarize these (unless you happen to have stock in Google)? :D

5. Clarice

Sorry I don't know how to link. I found this info by searching for executive orders.

10997 deals with fuel, electrical power & minerals
    10998 deals with food & farms
    10999 all modes of transportation
    11000 all civilians to work under federal supervision
    11490 establishes control over all citizens, businesses & churches
    11921 President can declare a state of emergency that is not defined
    12919 Cabinet officials to be ready to take over all aspects of economy
    13010 FEMA to take conttrol over all government agencies
    12656 federal takeover of all local law enforcement agencies, wage & price ocntrol, controls all travel the list goes on & on

Some pretty scary stuff. I had always thought I was well informed about what was going on but I guess not. These "laws" were hidden in other bills that were passed by congress such as the health care bill. Some have been in place for quite some time.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  6. Tirediron

Tirediron RockyMountainCanadian

Linking is easy , either type the web address in ie www.preparedsociety.com
    or open what you want to in a different tab or window and then highlight the address box (left mouse button) then right mouse button and select copy , go back to where you want the link and select paste (right button)
    hope this helps and makes at least some sense

7. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

really, because I don't know a single one above STNA status that even remotely think it's 'good' & I live in (formerly) blue Ohio

8. CVORNurse

CVORNurse Well-Known Member

I work in a hospital. NO ONE I work with was for Obamacare. Not a single nurse, not a single doctor. In fact I had a long discussion with one of the orthopods- said they were considering not taking any form of insurance at all, and making the office workers contract labor.
    Well, I take that back. We had a traveler at the time Obamacare passed that accused us all of being racist because we didn't vote for Obama, or support the health care bill.

9. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Vote me out of the obamacare fiasco. It either needs to be repealed or seriously tweaked. It's a nightmare for everyone, even the medical community and health insurance companies.

10. SurviveNthrive

SurviveNthrive a dude

That's good to hear, we're overrun by Libs. Doctors are smart in general, they know that Obama care is going to be a travesty, but there are some nurses out there who aren't up to snuff. glad to see there are more with reason out there.

11. AnimalcrackerHerder

AnimalcrackerHerder Active Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2011
  12. Clarice

You know I find it funny, no one I have spoken to about Obamacare wants it. They say that the public was split almost 50/50 over this bill. Well the 50% that wanted it doesn't live around here. I also belive this bill was rushed thru so fast that no one knows all it contains including the ones that voted for it.

13. AnimalcrackerHerder

AnimalcrackerHerder Active Member

I agree. I only know of one person in my circle of friends that is for it. That makes it about one out of fifty for me. That is a long way from 50/50. I loved it when Nancy Polosi said on TV that they had to pass it so we could find out what was in it. What a insult to the American people.

14. rhrobert

rhrobert Happy in the hills

That's funny, Clarice....I was about to say not in my area either, and then I saw you were in AR too :)

15. azurevirus

azurevirus Member

I see you didnt list them all..but your point got across...the powers that be are constantly working on ways to become more powerful..just imagine what they will do once they manage to render the Constitution totally irrelevent which they are trying to do on a daily basis....well, on second thought they dont pay much attention to it anyway.."let the unwashed keep their piece of paper.."we" are above it anyway" attitude is sickening and disgusting..it seems Obama has read up on the Executive orders..ie: land grab out west...trying to control all water..bammycare..etc..etc..tell you this..the next two yrs cant pass fast enough for me

16. drhwest

drhwest Junior Member

Many of those executive orders were created during the cold war when there were serious fears of foreign attack. Though I am all for limiting government in our day-to-day lives, there are some legitimate reasons that a government would have to take control of national assets. The reality is, the government usually fails to use such powers when they could really be effective. The government, at all levels, failed to address hurricane Katrina in a timely manner. Even this BP oil fiasco should have had more government intervention. It took Obama over two weeks to send in the environmental protection agency because he was assured by BP that they had things under control. Look at how many states were ultimately effected.
    Personally I believe that big business and corporations are so powerful nowadays that they would seriously hamper any governmental efforts to address an emergency. The first thing that they will be asking is not who can I help, but how am I getting paid.

17. vn6869

vn6869 Afraid, very afraid

Clarice,
    You do realize 11490 revokes the previous orders you cited. :sssh:

The title of 11921 is "Adjusting Emergency Preparedness Assignments to Organizational and Functional Changes in Federal Departments and Agencies"

You may be reading more into these than is really there, JMHO :flower:

18. worldengineer

worldengineer Well-Known Member

You forget LI perceptum, directive 51, ""which claims power to execute procedures for continuity of the federal government in the event of a "catastrophic emergency". Such an emergency is construed as "any incident, regardless of location, that results in extraordinary levels of mass casualties, damage, or disruption severely affecting the U.S. population, infrastructure, environment, economy, or government functions.""

When the SHTF this is what will happen.

LI perceptum (latin for directive 51).

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  19. vn6869

vn6869 Afraid, very afraid

Why does that sound sooo familiar, oops Area 51, yeah that's it.

I'm afraid we will have to "trust" our government and give it wide latitude should SHTF. May the Lord give us sound leaders when that time happens.
    Wouldn't trust this BHO administration to get the newspaper for me.

20. tsrwivey

tsrwivey Supporting Member

I'm a nurse & I know of only one. How excited would you be for the federal govt to be taking over your profession? We medical folks aren't stupid nor are we naive about the consequences of govt regulations. We deal with those consequences on a daily basis.