Are these springs???

Discussion in 'General Preparedness Discussion' started by Redbone15367, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Redbone15367

Redbone15367 Member

We just purchased this land and need to know if these are springs. They showed up after heavy rain, and are holding water longer than the root wad holes which have dried out. They did have greener vegetation than every place else, and I believe they have willow trees growing out of two of them.
    How can we test to find out, or see what kind of volume is in them. Any help would be great, thank you in advance, Tony
    0919101050.jpg

0919101049.jpg

0919101045.jpg

0919101041.jpg

2. mosquitomountainman

mosquitomountainman I invented the internet. :rofl:

They could be. Pump them out and see if they refill themselves. See how many gallons they produce per hour and that'll give you an idea of how productive they are. Even if they are springs they may not run all-year-long.

The next step would be to develop them. Basically that means you need a reservior of some kind and pump to get the water from there to wherever you need it.

3. Redbone15367

Redbone15367 Member

thank you for the info, we will give it a shot

4. Clarice

Clarice Well-Known Member

Look like wet weather springs we had on our property in Missiouri. Hope they are good working ones for you. Be careful because the source can dissapper if you dig around it.
    Maybe place some stones around to protect it.

5. HarleyRider

HarleyRider Comic Relief Member

I don't know. It doesn't look like the ones on my Harley. :rolleyes: :D