April Weather

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by *Andi, Apr 3, 2010.

1. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

:woohoo:

We couldn't have asked for better weather for the holiday weekend.

Highs reached the mid and upper 80s today, setting records in several hometowns.

The Easter weekend looks spectacular. Mostly sunny skies expected. A weak front will move across the area late Saturday night, bringing a few clouds Sunday along with slightly cooler temperatures (still well above average)

2. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

Yeah it's beautiful out. I got the plows out yesterday and started turning over some ground. Will continue with that today and I think we're going to get some peeps at Tractor Supply and try our hand at independent egg production for ourselves. I unplugged the wood furnace last night so it'll go out. Other than DW catching the tractor on fire yesterday, this does indeed look like a beautiful weekend.

In case that last line raised some eyebrows, it was very minor. She was brushhogging a field with the Farmall M and the old dead plant matter got up around the exhaust manifold and caught fire. She got it out but the rest of us rushed out none the less. She was shaken up, but she did good. I was proud. No damage to the tractor-just a little black spot.

3. mosquitomountainman

mosquitomountainman I invented the internet. :rofl:

We got snow!:mad:

Attached Files:

4. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Mosquitomountainman, Oh my gosh! SNOW!!! :eek:

Jason - Glad your DW is alright and I can't wait to hear about your independent egg production :2thumb:

5. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

Same as Andi and Jason. Getting a lot done outside these days. :)

6. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Today... sunny skies and hot temperatures! :eek: Highs near 90!:eek: Temperatures challenge record highs again Wednesday before much cooler air arrives later this week.

I must say I'm looking forward to the cooler air that is coming in...

7. HarleyRider

HarleyRider Comic Relief Member

SNOW!!! Cool... road trip!!:D

8. mosquitomountainman

mosquitomountainman I invented the internet. :rofl:

9. kogneto

kogneto The Skeptic

I thought we were done with this nature, we had a deal with that whole "first day of spring" thing, well first day of "break-up" but still, enough with the snow!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. UncleJoe

OK, I'm sold. Montana is NOT for me.
    Although I'm afraid we're going to be wishing for some this summer. It looks like it's going to be hot and dry. :( Start catching your rainwater now.

11. kogneto

kogneto The Skeptic

sigh, just got another couple inches of that disgustingly beautiful white stuff

12. Jason

We had a light frost this morning when I got up a little before 5AM. We don't have the garden in yet but our 2 apple trees are in full bloom and I sure hope they make it.

13. UncleJoe

Frost here also. Peas, beets, and taters took it well.

Bean trellis's went up today.

14. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

80 here today, winter tomorrow, will probably move seedlings outside next weekend.

15. kyfarmer

kyfarmer Well-Known Member

Fair dry spell, a little to dry. Rain coming this evening i hope anyway. With a chance of frost over the week end. I have peanut beans up, might have to replant. It's a part of planting early here. What we call dogwood winter. The redbud spell was as mild as i have seen in many a year.

16. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Dry and very warm for today with a high around 88. Back to normal for the weekend and maybe a shower or two.

17. UncleJoe

Major storm rolled through here around 6:00. We lost about 30' (10m) of the spruce tree in our back yard. :eek: Luckily the baby goats took shelter under the porch when the storm started. Now they're having a ball playing on and around it. I guess I'll leave it there for them for a couple days. :rolleyes:

18. Jason

Where are you going to find someone to remove the tree for you? I hear those tree service guys can get pretty expensive... ;)

We missed the worst of the storm last night. We lost power at about 4:30 PM and it came on again some time around 2AM. I was listening to my firehall pager (the wife and I joined back up) and many neighboring communities were running call after call while we had only one for a tree down at 1:30AM and a neighboring company handled it and cancelled us.

I had just finished disking a field in preparation of planting oats and it got real dark and windy. I thought for sure we were going to get nailed but it skirted right around us. This morning is beautiful-sunny and warm. Looks like today may turn out to be a really nice day.

19. UncleJoe

DW asked me the same thing. Guess we'll just look in the phone book and hope someone takes pity on us. ;) :ignore:

20. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Sounds like you guys had a heck of a storm!:eek:

We had rain over night, I heard my garden say :thankyou: :D