Prepared Society Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I listen very little anymore, it puts me in a bad mood. When I do listen, I like Beck & Levin.
I feel about the same way, I don't listen as much as I use to. And even now when I listen to them its not as intestign as before. :dunno:

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
XM had a great line up back in 'aught three/four. After I came home from deployment in 'aught six the line up had changed.

G. Gordon Liddy, Lara Ingraham (the frigid prude), Bill Bennett, Rollye James, Dr. Roy Masters, Jim and Rose (can't remember their names),

I didn't like Geoff Metcalfe, he was originally from KSFO AM 560 as was Michael Savage; nor Bob Dornan, Michael Reagan, Rusty Humphries (fraud), Sean Hannity, or Bill O'Reilly.

Now the line up is Breibart's Stephan K Bannon, Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, Sean, Cam & Company, Mark Levin, David Webb.

The only ones I can fathom are Wilkow, Webb, Bannon and the weekend Bannon hosts.

Broadcast hosts are local. Never could stand that liberal Rush Limbaugh!

Google: Irv Homer and WWDB FM Phila., Penna.
We don't get that good a reception out here but we use to listen to Laura and Roy Masters alot, especially Laura Ingraham. Years ago Art Bell too. No wonder my hat went from tin to cast iron. :confused:

·
Time Traveler
3,917 Posts
There are two radio stations that I listen to, primarily. The wife doesn't like my talk radio and I don't care for her music so no radio when we are both in the car, or at home for that matter.

I don't use satellite radio but that is available to those that wish to. My local radio stations are on the internet as well. This works well when I am traveling or when the wife is away from the house and I'm away from the radio but close to the computer.

Levin has a site where you can listen to his old broadcasts that is free. Others have the old shows available but most of them require a paid membership. Another free download for old shows is "GunTalk". Although there is always some politics it is mostly about gun related topics.

Beck was the first to open a web TV channel but Levin has one now as well. Both are paid channels but have multiple presenters and are commercial free.

For all of us, especially those with poor radio reception there are options. When I drive through Canada the radio choices are bleak. I download several hours of recent old shows that I missed and listen to them while I drive.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
There are two radio stations that I listen to, primarily. The wife doesn't like my talk radio and I don't care for her music so no radio when we are both in the car, or at home for that matter.

I don't use satellite radio but that is available to those that wish to. My local radio stations are on the internet as well. This works well when I am traveling or when the wife is away from the house and I'm away from the radio but close to the computer.

Levin has a site where you can listen to his old broadcasts that is free. Others have the old shows available but most of them require a paid membership. Another free download for old shows is "GunTalk". Although there is always some politics it is mostly about gun related topics.

Beck was the first to open a web TV channel but Levin has one now as well. Both are paid channels but have multiple presenters and are commercial free.

For all of us, especially those with poor radio reception there are options. When I drive through Canada the radio choices are bleak. I download several hours of recent old shows that I missed and listen to them while I drive.
Beck was also the first one I heard mention ' pitch forks and torches ' in 2008too. He seemed to lost it somewhere along the lines or just gave up. :surrender:

·
Time Traveler
3,917 Posts
Beck was also the first one I heard mention ' pitch forks and torches ' in 2008too. He seemed to lost it somewhere along the lines or just gave up. :surrender:
Beck has been ill recently and I believe his work has suffered somewhat. Either that or I just don't understand. Never Trump AND never hellery never computed with me. It was going to be one or the other. I saw no third party option.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Beck has been ill recently and I believe his work has suffered somewhat. Either that or I just don't understand. Never Trump AND never hellery never computed with me. It was going to be one or the other. I saw no third party option.
Lou Dobbs and Beck both were demoted for theri alliegence to the nation. I know Dobbs wife was even shot at in their driveway.

That'll teach them to mess with the Trojans. :D

I said I was nto going to be political anymore, again I lied to myself.

·
Registered
695 Posts
XM had a great line up back in 'aught three/four. After I came home from deployment in 'aught six the line up had changed.

G. Gordon Liddy, Lara Ingraham (the frigid prude), Bill Bennett, Rollye James, Dr. Roy Masters, Jim and Rose (can't remember their names),

I didn't like Geoff Metcalfe, he was originally from KSFO AM 560 as was Michael Savage; nor Bob Dornan, Michael Reagan, Rusty Humphries (fraud), Sean Hannity, or Bill O'Reilly.

Now the line up is Breibart's Stephan K Bannon, Glenn Beck, Andrew Wilkow, Sean, Cam & Company, Mark Levin, David Webb.

The only ones I can fathom are Wilkow, Webb, Bannon and the weekend Bannon hosts.

Broadcast hosts are local. Never could stand that liberal Rush Limbaugh!

Google: Irv Homer and WWDB FM Phila., Penna.
Maybe you are thinking of Bauer and Rose ( I think thats how is name is spelled) they are on Sunday mornings. Love listening to them.

·
Track Layer
2,453 Posts
I listen to Alex Jones and Kevin Smith. Yep the director of clerks Kevin Smith. Just trying to go full spectrum. I stopped listening to Alex regularly after he became trumps head cheerleader. He spends years talking about how corrupt Goldman Sachs is and now he dosnt mention that trump has them too.

·
Internet Princess
2,809 Posts
Beck has a sleeping disorder. He couldn't sleep and would stay awake for days at a time. That's being treated and he's doing much better. I saw several other options they just had no chance of winning in this political climate. I didn't vote for Trump or Hillary. Just couldn't do it. Maybe Trump will surprise me. Hope so.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Beck has a sleeping disorder. He couldn't sleep and would stay awake for days at a time. That's being treated and he's doing much better. I saw several other options they just had no chance of winning in this political climate. I didn't vote for Trump or Hillary. Just couldn't do it. Maybe Trump will surprise me. Hope so.
I didn't vote this time either. Like you I did hope Trump won but couldn't vote for him. We knew what we had with Hellery with Trump nobody knows. No more lessor of two evils for me.

The whole world is run by bankers and corporate warmongering degenerates,imo. Not knowing who their allies are its hard to vote.

Last tiem I voted it was a write in for Alan Keyes. Knowing he would never win but he seemed like the best one at the time. He just preached too much,lol.

·
Internet Princess
2,809 Posts
I didn't vote this time either. Like you I did hope Trump won but couldn't vote for him. We knew what we had with Hellery with Trump nobody knows. No more lessor of two evils for me.

The whole world is run by bankers and corporate warmongering degenerates,imo. Not knowing who their allies are its hard to vote.

Last tiem I voted it was a write in for Alan Keyes. Knowing he would never win but he seemed like the best one at the time. He just preached too much,lol.
I voted, just not for one of those two. McMillan got my vote.

·
I sold my soul to the internet
2,121 Posts
Stop listening to talk radio, the only thing wilder then talk radio is internet.
Well there are a few sites like this one.
And you can forget the main stream media.

·
Inconspicuous Been Around Guy
1,567 Posts
Maybe you are thinking of Bauer and Rose ( I think thats how is name is spelled) they are on Sunday mornings. Love listening to them.
No. Bauer and Rose preceded Breibart hour. James Quinn and Rose back in 2003-2005 XM talk radio channel before it became 125.

Some talk radio show hosts are bat chit crazy, like Alex Jones, Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh.

Great talk show hosts are Andrew Wilkow, Breibart's people on XM, Larry Elders and Dennis Preagar, Barbara Simpson.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I could not listen to Beck after he met with Zuckerberg and then stated how great Zuckerberg is... Zuckerberg is a globalist and I can not support anyone who supports a globalist. Globalism is the enemy of the United States sovereignty. You can't have it both ways.

·
I love the smell of Argon in the morning
2,850 Posts
I will not listen to Beck. I can tolerate Rush just because my wife likes him. The rest is just babble, however we have several local talk shows that talk about local issue and that is interesting to me.

·
Resto
458 Posts
After losing my job many years ago and having gone through a terrible bout with depression and stress I took several courses at the VA hospital ;how not to kill yourself one oh one and how not to murder your wife one oh two , hell even how to deal with an ass for a neighbor course ,anyway very interesting subjects on everyday living and how to deal with them and one very interesting subject was how to deal with the media ,written or otherwise ,the media is a cancer folks is nothing more, is full of Hitler`s Joseph Goebbels`s for one purpose or another ,a real news event becomes a Hollywood production ,after all they have to sell something to us ,the public .Even the mighty Pope wants to sell something ,with all my respect to religion , I don`t pay attention to any of those full of euphoric talk (flim-flams) I rather watch a good John Wayne movie with lots of shooting and big ten gallon hats or just go in the kitchen and baked me some biscuits .
I agree. Talk Radio is Nuts. Got any Mustard to go with them Biscuits. MMMM

·
Registered
888 Posts
I listen to Glenn Beck, Alex Jones and George Noory nationally. There was a local talk show I used to listen to daily, but he got canned for some controversial remarks now I listen to his podcast on You Tube. There is another local guy I listen to on Saturdays.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I was listening to M. Savage with guest Alex Jones last week. They were talking about healthcare.

Seems these two want to limit care to those who are in perfect health which pretty much leaves out us seniors.

They want those who smoke, on drugs to pay much higher premiums. Said why pay for other peoples bad habits?

Well I hate to tell these two but that pretty much takes care of 80% of us. What about people over weight? Or eat red meat with high colesteral or triglycieides?

Always listen to these people between the lines. All of them are hacks or they wouldn't be on the air.IMO.

Preparing us to take blame for the impossible high premium's coming soon.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I was listening to M. Savage with guest Alex Jones last week. They were talking about healthcare.

Seems these two want to limit care to those who are in perfect health which pretty much leaves out us seniors.

They want those who smoke, on drugs to pay much higher premiums. Said why pay for other peoples bad habits?

Well I hate to tell these two but that pretty much takes care of 80% of us. What about people over weight? Or eat red meat with high colesteral or triglycieides?

Always listen to these people between the lines. All of them are hacks or they wouldn't be on the air.IMO.

Preparing us to take blame for the impossible high premium's coming soon.
They got it right for once! Yep. The end goal is the dismantle Medicaid and Medicaid within a decade and eventually have a voucher to purchase private insurance. You get more money for being a senior, but it's going to cost more as a senior. You choose how much of your wealth you want to put towards healthcare. If you don't have a lot, your not going to get a lot. The underlying goal is to cap the sick, poor, and the elderly. They cost too much and Medicaid keeps on paying for you to go to the ICU as many times as it takes before you go. With private insurance, you'll have to make the choice as a family how far in debt you want to go before you choose hospice care.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
No. Bauer and Rose preceded Breibart hour. James Quinn and Rose back in 2003-2005 XM talk radio channel before it became 125.

Some talk radio show hosts are bat chit crazy, like Alex Jones, Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh.

Great talk show hosts are Andrew Wilkow, Breibart's people on XM, Larry Elders and Dennis Preagar, Barbara Simpson.
I think Breitbart was real, too real that's why he had to go. Just like kennedys anyone gets in their way and its good bye.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts