Anyone going to Florida Survivors meet and greet on 10/1-10/3 in Ocala?

Discussion in 'General Preparedness Discussion' started by Victor23, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Victor23

Victor23 Well-Known Member

Fellow board member tipped me off to the Flsurvival.com meet and greet in the Ocala National Forest this Fri. and Sat.. Looks like fun. Anyone else going?

2. Tribal Warlord Thug

Tribal Warlord Thug Well-Known Member

thats right down around the area my brother's in.......have to give him a heads up...

3. HarleyRider

HarleyRider Comic Relief Member

This is the first I have heard of it. Wish I would have known about it sooner.

4. Victor23

Victor23 Well-Known Member

the Florida survivors group met this weekend in Ocala Florida. A great bunch of people attended. Some of the members lead a group lesson of how to make cordage and rope from natural plant fibers. Each member was give leaves and plant material of which they made thier own cordage. That was really cool.

A demonstration was also given on at least 5 different ways to make fire using primitive and not so primitive tools and improvised materials. It was very informative.

The camping facilities was first rate.

Stay tuned for next years meet and greet and more hands on instructional demonstrations.

5. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Sounds like you guys had a great time, and learned some neat things! Thanks for letting us know how it went!

Do you know what kind of plant fibers you made the cordage out of? I would have had fun doing that!