Prepared Society Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
RockyMountainCanadian
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any religion that does not Consider Christ as Messiah Can be considered anti- Christ, this would go for non believers also.

This point is for information not argument.
it is from the New testament KJV rev 2:9,3:9
the point of these is to open peoples eyes.
Be careful who you say this to, cause somebody will get all offended and call you or me or the bible Anti Semitic, but no body said any thing about a race, the reference is to a building and the faith that it represents.
Political correctness may well be the scales on the eyes mentioned in the book too

·
Registered
0 Posts
I've read them like 5 times now, i don't get it. Im trying to understand it, i know the words are in English but it might as well be French. Is there a for dummies version?

·
RockyMountainCanadian
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
there is always talk of "the anti Christ" like there is only one ever in existence.
As well people like to take things out of context and then use a quote that they think they heard to base an argument on.

I was very surprized to see these 2 verses in the bible but they are there.

The current need for political Correctness likes to sweep things like this under the rug.
Revelations was written to get people to open their eyes/ears to what was/ is going on.

From that set of verses (Judaism was the biggest persecutor of Christians during Jesus' lifetime on earth) I would thing that the Anti Christ label would extend to any religion that does not accept Jesus as messiah.

The beast(s) mentioned in the bible are believed to be select world empires, the second beast being the UN.

universal product codes use the code line 6 as space dividers and there are 3 used, mark of the beast.

·
Banned
687 Posts
Okay, I don't usually wade in but ...

Revelation (singular) was written as a revelation of Christ and his victory
Some have those interpretation of the beast but they are far from universal.
The 666 is more than likely 616 if you consider the manuscript evidence.

I will concur there is more than one antichrist, scripture is clear on that but have to consider the balance of what you said in your response to be debatable. While I would not agree many theologians would actually consider most of the prophetic elements in Revelation to gave been fulfilled in the Roman Empire.

The overall interpretation of Revelation, being apocalyptic in nature, is debatable and not an area I get too dogmatic about, other than Christ wins. Just thought I'd point out that it might not be as clear as you make it appear.

·
Registered
0 Posts
So just to make sure i get it, there is no singular anti christ? I always thought the anti christ was christ's evil twin. I guess my biblical ignorance is showing. Im sure you got better things to do than dumb it down for me. I'll just step aside and let the adults talk.

·
RockyMountainCanadian
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would agree with you, although some of the events could be placed in multiple time spots, and there is a lot of room for interpretation, whether the prophecies are self fulfilling is another question, I have never heard of a human government that isn't/ wasn't corrupt so governments being the beast fits pretty well.

I think that 2 people taught for years by the same teacher would find things in the bible to debate.

·
Banned
687 Posts
You said..."I think that 2 people taught for years by the same teacher would find things in the bible to debate." Couldn't agree more, that's why I hold a few things as essential hills I would die on, a few more that I hold dearly and would argue vehemently for, many more that I hold strongly but could be persuaded and plenty that are relatively unimportant to me (inspired truth, but strongly debatable).

·
Banned
687 Posts
Red beard ... we are all ignorant in many areas ... no one gets more lost than me when truckers start talking. They might as well be speaking Sanskrit as far as I am concerned. Being ignorant of something is never a matter to be ashamed of. Realizing you don't know and not trying to fill the knowledge gap is when it's a problem. I now know a little about things like b-trains and bob tails.

Much of the Bible is crystal clear and other parts are murky and could be (and have been) debated by much wiser and more learned people than me for centuries.

I have read the bible well over a hundred times and parts of it much more than and I am still learning. One day perhaps I will be one of those adults you refer to.

·
I sold my soul to the internet
2,121 Posts
I got what you are saying.
However as there are many Christians & only one Christ.
There are many anti-Christains, but there will only be one anti Christ.
He will be a blessing at first then turn on everyone & rule over all.

·
Banned
687 Posts
1john 2:18, 2:22, 4:3; 2 John 1:7 seem to make it clear that there are many antichrists. Now I concur that Revelation seems to speak of one significant antichrist, but John, the same John who wrote Revelation says there is more than one

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
From reading over this thread I think everyone is correct depending on how you look at it.

According to the apostle John there is indeed more than one antichrist, which is to say a spirit of antichrist or an opposition to Christ. Which is in part the denial that Christ lived as a human being. But there is also "the" antichrist. The Word does not reveal specifically who the antichrist is, speaking instead of a liar and deceiver whose natural abilities have been enhanced by Satan in order to confuse people in the end of days. A false prophet who claims to forgive sins and to be God and IIRC will pretend to be the return of Jesus. So both antichrists and an antichrist. All of which are the enemy of the believer.

·
Dogs breath
2,597 Posts
Enter the Tribulation of 7 years.

The Great Imitator ..

The Anti Christ, The Beast, The False Prophet.
Triune Godhead imitated.

I personally believ we are on the doorstep of entering the 7 years tribulation period,

Jim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts