Any Peagans?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Magus, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magus

Magus Scavenger deluxe

Left or Right path?
    PM me,we'll do lunch.:)

2. Asatrur

Asatrur Well-Known Member

Do you mean Pagans? If so, I am Heathen/Asatru.

3. Sourdough

Sourdough ExCommunicated

Any Peagans......?????

Did you mean Pee'agains.......? Yes sometimes twice a night.......:congrat::congrat::congrat:

4. Magus

Magus Scavenger deluxe

Hi guys,my spelling sucks as you see.firefox failed me again, LOL

You guys interested in a pagan political forum?its kind of on the conservative side so far but all are welcome. :)

PM me.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  5. Asatrur

Magus,
    You appear to not be able to receive PMs here, so try and PM me with more info.
    Devin

6. Magus

Magus Scavenger deluxe

Hmm?thats odd.

ok.

7. kogneto

kogneto The Skeptic

lol alright mosquitomountainman, here's you chance to show you're not just protective of christian sensibilities

lets here some "no name calling/sarcasm"

8. mosquitomountainman

mosquitomountainman I invented the internet. :rofl:

Didn't see any sarcasm directed at their religious beliefs. They did play with the spelling error a bit. I read it and didn't think it was meant to be nasty or to belittle their beliefs. I didn't see anyone implying they were stupid, dumb or ignorant for their beliefs. It didn't seem like a personal attack.

I think the problem I have with sarcasm/name calling is the lack of tolerance for the beliefs of others. It seems the people who scream loudest for "tolerance" are themselves the least tolerant of all. The hypocrisy annoys me.

Name calling and sarcasm also seem to be the favorite tactics of people who can't support their beliefs logically. When they're backed into a corner they must resort to smear tactics and mud slinging. It's a typical liberal ploy when discussing things like illegal aliens, abortion, homosexuality, animal rights, environmental extremism, global warming, etc. When you can't appeal to truth or common sense the only tactic left is attacking the other person.

But, I probably wouldn't have said anything in a pagan post anyway unless it got really nasty. I just don't have a dog in that fight. I would have made some personal notes about the lack of intelligence of the people making the personal attacks though.

9. Asatrur

I could be construed as Pagan though I am truly Heathen/Asatru and I did not take offense to the pea again joke at all, but then I am pretty thick skinned.

10. horseman09

horseman09 Well-Known Member

Well stated, mosquitomountainman.

Different religious beliefs didn't kill millions of people over the ages, it is the intolerance of those differences. But there are a few bright spots out there.

A few weekends ago the wife and I attended the wedding of a good friend's daughter. The bride is Christian and the groom is Jewish. The preacher actually said the word "Jesus" out loud :eek: and also weaved some Jewish tradition (gasp) into the ceremony.

At the reception, everyone had a great time having a few drinks (containing alcohol!!!) and sharing one another's differences. A few of the toasts included some lighthearted humor, poking fun at one another. No one was offended, no one had to duck for cover, no bombs detonated, no horror, no threats of religious targeted killings, no statements issued in the media by the national organization about how terribly hurt their feelings are. I have no doubt that if Pagans, Hindus, or Wicans attended, the results would have been the same. Did I miss a religion? :dunno:

OK. So there IS a little sarcasm in this post. But it is directed at intolerance, not any particular religion.

11. Magus

Magus Scavenger deluxe

I thought he was just refering to my crappy spelling LOL

I wasn't offended,so no offense,no crime.:)

Anyway...anybody here real connected to the earth and the elder spirits?

12. DocWard

DocWard Well-Known Member

I've often described myself as a Daoist with strong leanings toward Zen Buddhism, but that is about it.

As Thomas Jefferson said, it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.

13. Magus

Magus Scavenger deluxe

Gotta' love T.J for a "to the bone" quote! :D

14. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

?

Well I was digging on the pit today, "connected to the earth" and I am older than dirt, "elder spirits" does that count.:D

15. Magus

Magus Scavenger deluxe

sometimes. :)

PS
    Tripod stinks,your site deserves better. :)

16. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

I agree, it does stink, but I got it years ago and its free, never tried any others.

17. Magus

Magus Scavenger deluxe

18. flatwater

flatwater Well-Known Member

Yes , you missed the lumpuckerroos but ya can't insult them because their skin is so thick it makes an elephant jelouse. I can be pretty darn tolerant of most any religion as long as they don't try and change our constitution.

19. Asatrur

Agreed, but I am concerned at how some factions of both parties want to only recognize Christianity and some feel it should be the American religion which is in direct discord with the constitution.
    In Frith,
    Devin

20. OldFashionedMama

OldFashionedMama Partyin' like it's 1699

And here I thought I was the only one who worshipped peas! :p Just kidding. I don't think there's really a name for me-solitary Pagan would be close. I studied Wicca in high school but it just wasn't the right path for me. I work mainly with earth/elemental spirits, herbs, things like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.