Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only one here that enjoys throwing pointed peices of stainless steel at targets to hear a satisfying thunk when you get it right?

I lost my old throwing knives so I substituted a kitchen knife:D

·
Registered
86 Posts
not the only one!!

Give me a balanced knife over a gun any day! A knife in a gun fight does have its advantages... no muzzle flash, no noise.. a knife is a lot better when its only me against a group. :sssh:

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
I have tossed a knife or two as well. I have made many knives and other throwing objects over the years, some are still displayed and some have gone missing over the years. Currently, I have a couple dozen (or so) throwing knives in various sizes and shapes that I have stuck into dart-boards, cork-boards, plywood and into living/breathing creatures of the earth. :sssh:

All that I will say is that having them gives you an advantage in a fight. By throwing the knife, you loose it, but, you gain a few seconds in the flight portion of it.

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
What's really cool is to throw the knife several times from the same position, then cover your eyes with a blindfold (or pull a knit hat down over your eyes). Concentrate and throw the knife again, blind. You really get a feel for what you're doing and where the knife is going.

Repeat the whole thing a few times, and then when you're throwing unblinded, you'll notice the difference.

It sharpens your senses too.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Guys in our squad used to throw anything that would stick for fun.
We had boards leaned up against the day room wall and plywood on the floor, and we would throw for entertainment when we were on those 'Broke' weekends between paychecks.

Some of the guys got REALLY good at it, I don't practice much anymore, but I figured out camping last year the muscle memory doesn't go away very easily.
I chucked a machete at a big bug on a tree and actually knocked the bug off the tree, although I don't think I killed it, I was amazed I didn't have to chase through the poison ivy to retrieve my machete.

We spent an hour or so just goofing around, and I can still stick about anything I pick up 80% of the time, which surprised the crap out of me since I hadn't 'Practiced' in about 10 years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.