Any Hebrew Roots believers here?

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Homestead Gal, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Homestead Gal

Homestead Gal Proverbs31Woman

My hubby and I are looking to find a few like minded Torah Observant believers to talk all things homesteading/self-sufficiency and fellowship with. It doesn't matter where you live since most of our correspondence will by via internet. If this intersts you, send me a private reply.
    Thanks and Shalom (peace)!

2. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

Shalom
    Mah Shlom'chem?
    Shlomi Tov
    Kol Tuv
    L'hitraot

sorry for the spelling

3. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

B'HATZlacha."בהצלחה

:)

4. Homestead Gal

Homestead Gal Proverbs31Woman

Hebrew Roots-The Final Return Conference, St. Louis, MO

There is a Hebraic Roots conference in St. Louis, MO. Dec. 10-12. We are planning on attending as a number of the top speakers/Hebraic Roots teachers will be there. Was wondering if anyone else here on the forum might be going? you can check out the conference at The Final Return held in St. Louis Missouri - Dec. 10-12, 2010

5. Calebra

Calebra Well-Known Member

Sorry to be off topic but what's"hebrew Roots"?

6. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

This is off of Wikipedia:

"Hebrew Roots (also referred to as Hebraic Roots) is a movement of modern-day Christians, including Messianic Jews, returning to the perspectives and beliefs of first-century faith."

7. Calebra

Calebra Well-Known Member

So pretty much christianity minus the rewrights and misstranslations.

8. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Yeah, probably, using the original Hebrew (and/or greek?) writings.

Hopefully without the politics and greed prevalent in many modern religions.

9. LegitCitizen

LegitCitizen Active Member

Be prepared for lots of Greek and Hebrew and more Aramaic than you can believe. Of the three I am most familiar with the Hebrew... but I tend to think that the Aramaic sounds softer to the ear. Hebrew seems... chunkier someonhow. But Aramaic is pretty. The only place to really hear Aramaic today is when someone who's Jewish says Kaddish for a departed loved one. It's lovely. It'll bring tears to your eyes.