Any EMTs?

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by SnakeDoc, Mar 4, 2010.

1. SnakeDoc

SnakeDoc Well-Known Member

On Monday night, I began a basic EMT course. If all goes as planned I will have my advanced by this time next year.

It got me wondering how many EMTs we have here? It seemed like a good way to get a crapload of free training.

2. DocWard

DocWard Well-Known Member

I'm an Army Medic in the Guard and hold my NREMT-B. Any medical training is worthwhile, in my opinion.

3. TNmedicman

TNmedicman NREMT-P

I am a NREMT-Paramedic in East Tennessee. Would not trade my training for anything.

4. tiedami

tiedami Well-Known Member

Take my national registry on sat! Wish me luck

5. Heatherli

Heatherli Heatherli-Prepper

Good luck...but I'm sure you'll do just fine. :)

6. SnakeDoc

It is good to know that others view this the same way. I will learn a lot plus bring in a wee bit of extra cash for the family.

7. mrghostwalker

mrghostwalker Well-Known Member

I used to be an EMT. My currant training is MRT. My son is working on his EMT because he volunteers on his local ambulance.
    EMT training is good stuff to know. I personally feel that all high school kids should get it as a class. It's kind of like the "Users Guide" for human bodies.

8. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

We have firefighter I & II and Basic EMT in our high schools or I sould say we have for the past three years. With all the school funds being cut ... I just don't see how they can keep the programs going. Last I heard, we will have to cut 107 teachers next year.

9. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

I finished my EMT training in June of 19...what the??? :eek:and carried this card ever since. I need to update one of these days, even though I try and keep up with the latest trends and practices.

I can't remember where babies come from now.

Attached Files:

10. tyler_kd0bsa

tyler_kd0bsa Well-Known Member

I'm not one but strongly considering taking the class. Actually I want to take a wilderness emt class. Also have my mother who's been a emt-p for going on 17 years.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  11. Vertigo

Vertigo Member

Just hilarious Bunkerbob! You just keep on chugging those years away :D

V.

12. SnakeDoc

Bob,

I was getting my first aid merit badge as an 11 year old scout that year! LOL!

13. tiedami

tiedami Well-Known Member

Hey bunkerbob your EMT card is as old as i am ha ha

14. Grizz

Grizz Well-Known Member

Bob, thats the exact date that i graduated fro grammar school. I've had my EMT since 1981.

15. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

Hey Bob, I was 4 months old when you got that card. :p

My wife and I just recently rejoined the volunteer fire company that we quit after our son was born. We missed the people and running calls and stuff, but the training is good to have too. We aren't medics in our company but we will help out on the occasional medical call. Any emergency response training is good training.

16. OhioLiving

OhioLiving New Member

EMT in Ohio

One of the reasons I have an interest in preparedness is because of my EMS training and work as a volunteer on the local fire department. Not only do you get good training but you can gain access to other equipment and or supplies you might not have normally.

17. tired-medic

tired-medic Not Quite Done Yet

Ain't nothin free.EMT-B in '92 EMT-P in 1996 and Con-ed and refreshers ever since. Wouldn't do any different though.

18. TNmedicman

TNmedicman NREMT-P