Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Monday night, I began a basic EMT course. If all goes as planned I will have my advanced by this time next year.

It got me wondering how many EMTs we have here? It seemed like a good way to get a crapload of free training.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Take my national registry on sat! Wish me luck

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is good to know that others view this the same way. I will learn a lot plus bring in a wee bit of extra cash for the family.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I used to be an EMT. My currant training is MRT. My son is working on his EMT because he volunteers on his local ambulance.
EMT training is good stuff to know. I personally feel that all high school kids should get it as a class. It's kind of like the "Users Guide" for human bodies.

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
We have firefighter I & II and Basic EMT in our high schools or I sould say we have for the past three years. With all the school funds being cut ... I just don't see how they can keep the programs going. Last I heard, we will have to cut 107 teachers next year.

·
Premium Member
1,733 Posts
On Monday night, I began a basic EMT course. If all goes as planned I will have my advanced by this time next year.

It got me wondering how many EMTs we have here? It seemed like a good way to get a crapload of free training.
I finished my EMT training in June of 19...what the??? :eek:and carried this card ever since. I need to update one of these days, even though I try and keep up with the latest trends and practices.

I can't remember where babies come from now.

Attachments

·
265 Posts
I finished my EMT training in June of 19...what the??? :eek:and carried this card ever since. I need to update one of these days, even though I try and keep up with the latest trends and practices.

I can't remember where babies come from now.
Just hilarious Bunkerbob! You just keep on chugging those years away :D

V.

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
Hey Bob, I was 4 months old when you got that card. :p

My wife and I just recently rejoined the volunteer fire company that we quit after our son was born. We missed the people and running calls and stuff, but the training is good to have too. We aren't medics in our company but we will help out on the occasional medical call. Any emergency response training is good training.

·
Registered
2 Posts
EMT in Ohio

One of the reasons I have an interest in preparedness is because of my EMS training and work as a volunteer on the local fire department. Not only do you get good training but you can gain access to other equipment and or supplies you might not have normally.

·
Not Quite Done Yet
13 Posts

Ain't nothin free.EMT-B in '92 EMT-P in 1996 and Con-ed and refreshers ever since. Wouldn't do any different though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts