Prepared Society Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Track Layer
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a town not too far from me just made it a $1000 offense to deny services to someone because of their sexual preference. They refused to make a condition for religion. What a crock of crap. Why the hell would you want some one to video tape your gay wedding if they didnt believe in gay weddings? It makes no sense. I have delt with this myself as I was onced told I couldnt come to some Christian haunted hell house because I believed in science and I would ruin it for the rest of the youth group. I didnt sue the youth group, I just didnt hang out with them. Its like gays in the scouts, shouldnt be an issue. 15 and 16 year old boys should be able to come to meetings and camps with out sex being an issue, thats why its all male in the first place. Why would gays want to be part of something that dosnt want them. Form your own group and in time maybe that group will attract more members. Take the Phill Robertson event. Was there any one who didnt know he felt that way? If you dont like it dont watch the damn show. I sure as hell havent seen an episode of the Bruce Jenner show. Im not trying to get it taken off the air. If people want to watch it thats fine by me, I can choose not too. But its not fair to call me names and fine me a $1000 if i dont want to watch it. Its not fair to make some one go to to a house of prayer and we all know that so we have an amendment to protect peoplevfrom that kind of thing, its the first one. I believe it works both ways.

·
Noob
764 Posts
I hear you. I read about a couple in oregon who own a christian bakery. They told a lesbian couple they did not want to make thier wedding cake because it was not consistant with thier religeous beliefs. Last I heard they lost thier business and pretty much everything else due the the resulting lawsuit. If that wasn't enough the nice lesbian ladies got the bakery gofund me site killed. That was truely briliant since that would have been the funds to pay thier $70,000. Effin stupid.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Homosexuals have sought out Christians for harassment. They aren't going to Muslims for that. And of course they brand Christians as being intolerant when it's the homosexual activists that are intolerant.

·
There is a place in Hell for me...the THRONE.
8,927 Posts
Our pastor has repeated this statement almost every week at the end of services...

Tolerance is no longer allowing/coexistence of those with different views/beliefs to practice as they see fit and moving on but the forced acceptance of others views/beliefs at the expense of your own.

·
Inconspicuous Been Around Guy
1,567 Posts
Grimm, mainstream churches (501C3 corporations) would have fired any pastor making that statement. You have a good church and pastor.

·
Time Traveler
3,917 Posts
biobacon, would you be my bride? I have a nice moslem bakery picked out for our wedding cake and I'm sure we can come up with a moslem photographer. We can have the ceremony at the mosque in that town.

The lawsuits should provide quite a dowry.

·
There is a place in Hell for me...the THRONE.
8,927 Posts
Grimm, mainstream churches (501C3 corporations) would have fired any pastor making that statement. You have a good church and pastor.
Calvary Chapel

The same one started by Chuck Smith and his "come as you are" movement and the "love the sinner but hate the sin" belief.

·
Banned
1,242 Posts
About 7 yrs ago I witnessed the pastor of a Calvary Chapel here make a declarative statement that Calvary was becoming known for it's acceptance/tolerance of homosexuals, but he said in no uncertain terms that this could not stand as an accepted form of behavior in their church. He made it clear that we loved them and continued to pray for them but the official doctrine would be that they (as an organization) would stand for condemnation of the behavior of homosexuality. There were a few less seats filled the following Sunday.

Another local non-denominational church a yr later made statements in warning of presented legislation in the USA that would prohibit preaching scripture as it pertains to condemning homosexuality. This type of legislation has already passed in Europe, and I believe Canada (or parts of Canada). In England you will be arrested for stating in public that homosexuality is a sin.

People need to start connecting the dots. Christianity and Islam are the two religions being warred against in the West. It's taught that you should hate one and ridicule the other. But one specific religion you must never, ever be allowed to make any statements against...or you'll be branded and labeled.

·
Track Layer
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It just stinks, thats all. I see the day when churches will be forced to shut down because of this. Then churches will have to go underground. The state will punish people with religious beliefs. Wait a second, did we become a coloney of China?

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Never mind ... my bad... ;)

·
I invented the internet. :rofl:
3,698 Posts
I used to be a preacher and as long as I preached against homosexuality everything was fine but if I happened to preach against divorce or sequential polygamy (more than one wife ... or husband ... but just doing it "legally" by marrying/divorcing/marrying/divorcing, etc.) or maybe that Christians should pay their bills and not declare bankruptcy unless it was due to an unavoidable calamity, or maybe Christian shouldn't gossip ... at that point "Christians" really got upset ... with me! Seems that it's okay to preach against the sins they aren't tempted by but don't mention the ones they condone or capitulate to in their own lives.

Might be a major reason I'm not preaching anymore. I just got tired of the hypocrisy.

BlueShoe (may I call you B.S. for short?): Your anti-Semitic views are well known but I'd like to correct you on one thing: In our colleges and universities it is the Christians and Jews who are singled out as intolerant. Muslims were very seldom seen as "evil."

About 7 yrs ago I witnessed the pastor of a Calvary Chapel here make a declarative statement that Calvary was becoming known for it's acceptance/tolerance of homosexuals, but he said in no uncertain terms that this could not stand as an accepted form of behavior in their church. He made it clear that we loved them and continued to pray for them but the official doctrine would be that they (as an organization) would stand for condemnation of the behavior of homosexuality. There were a few less seats filled the following Sunday.

Another local non-denominational church a yr later made statements in warning of presented legislation in the USA that would prohibit preaching scripture as it pertains to condemning homosexuality. This type of legislation has already passed in Europe, and I believe Canada (or parts of Canada). In England you will be arrested for stating in public that homosexuality is a sin.

People need to start connecting the dots. Christianity and Islam are the two religions being warred against in the West. It's taught that you should hate one and ridicule the other. But one specific religion you must never, ever be allowed to make any statements against...or you'll be branded and labeled.

·
883 Posts
There’s insurmountable disparity and deep conflict between the homosexual agenda and religious freedom, and it won’t be long before we see some very grave outcomes for religious freedom in N.A.

I think that in the very short term it will be entirely illegal to preach freely from the pulpit and the remnants of the biblical church will be driven deep underground not unlike china.

The problem isn’t people choosing freely to embrace homosexuality (we all have free will), the problem is homosexual community driven persecution of those who don’t agree with their lifestyle. A great number of mainstream ‘churches’ have embraced the LGBT agenda and have essentially opened a doorway to persecution of any members who don’t agree with this lifestyle based on their freedom to embrace their own belief system.

Get ready it’s gonna get real bumpy real soon, but it's all good cause we know who's really calling the shots (every jot and every tittle):D

·
Banned
1,242 Posts
Actually, you have to recognize where the fulcrum of angst is permitted or even promoted in America, and that is from the federal government through these special interest groups. Most of us don't care how a small portion of our population perform sexual acts. But special interests want to force us to accept it as a normal lifestyle or even equal lifestyle.

Twenty-six states passed legislation or even amended their state constitutions to protect traditional marriage. Look up the names of the Justices who mandated we recognize it. It's informative.

The attacks on our values, standards and beliefs are why we hunker into prepping. The storm is gathering.

BlueShoe (may I call you B.S. for short?): Your anti-Semitic views are well known but I'd like to correct you on one thing: In our colleges and universities it is the Christians and Jews who are singled out as intolerant. Muslims were very seldom seen as "evil."
Thanks for agreeing with me and proving my point. Right on queue, the name calling commences? At a mere suggestion of truth. And no, you may call me by my actual username, or "Blue". Don't fall into the trolling pattern. It's known to be the normal fall-back when someone has no valid argument to offer.

Semites; look up the term. European lineages don't qualify as such in the genetic sense. Anti-Semite is a phony word to attack people with. In Europe, Semites (Arabs and other Near East/Asian Muslims) are called Anti-Semite for their views. How exactly can a Semite be an Anti-Semite?! Semites are indigenous to the Near East and the largest group of Semites are Arabs. Maybe I'm an Arab? You only pretend you know something about me.

So perhaps you could attend some of those classes at one of those colleges? Colleges hardly qualify as having any impact on most Americans. Colleges cater to "diversity". To "multi-culturalism". To minorities. Minorities as defined by fedgov standards where most colleges receive funding as being females, people IDing as Black (African-American) even when they are not actually Black, Vietnam era veterans, Pacific Islanders, disabled people, etc.. Those are all minorities in the eyes of fedgov.

More importantly, Muslims are nothing but hated on every major radio and TV channel in the agenda-controlled USA--Savage, Hannity, Oreilly, Beck, Limbaugh, etc, etc.. Christians are derided and ridiculed by the leftists, leftist media and government circles. But one religion is protected from any discussion...or you will be called attacked with slander and name calling as you have joined in with.

Homosexuals, Blacks and the religion of Jews are NEVER allowed to be spoken against in our colleges. One word against one of them and the staff and alumni will call for your immediate dismissal in a witch hunt. Those facts are easily proven. A few of my top 5 favorite radio hosts have a Jewish background: Mike Rivero (Sephardic Jew), Amy Goodman of Democracy Now (too liberal, and she's a global warmer, but she will at least have a debate). Diane Rehm, who is not Jewish, but is a Semite.

There is a war on our common standards in America. You shouldn't be afraid to point out who is leading the charge against us. The 3 on the Supreme Court who just ruled against us on homosexual marriage? Who are the leading names in the charge against individual gun rights? They're proud of their stands. It's not a secret. We all know their names. It's not hate to point that out. Why do you people try to hide that?

The attacks on our values, standards and beliefs are why we hunker into prepping. The storm is gathering. It's important to know who you can rely on and who devalues your morals.

·
I invented the internet. :rofl:
3,698 Posts

The attacks on our values, standards and beliefs are why we hunker into prepping. The storm is gathering. It's important to know who you can rely on and who devalues your morals.
I believe I'll stick with BS. I get called MMM and 3M all the time and don't find it at all offensive. You shouldn't get so riled up about BS. Don't get your undies in a knot.

I'm just going by my experiences at secular universities where Muslim were adored and Jews and Christians were considered fair game. Your personal experiences may have been different.

And just for the record, the reasons I became a prepper had nothing to do with my values, standards and beliefs being under attack.

MMM/3M

·
Banned
1,242 Posts
I believe I'll stick with BS. I get called MMM and 3M all the time and don't find it at all offensive. You shouldn't get so riled up about BS. Don't get your undies in a knot.

I'm just going by my experiences at secular universities where Muslim were adored and Jews and Christians were considered fair game. Your personal experiences may have been different.

And just for the record, the reasons I became a prepper had nothing to do with my values, standards and beliefs being under attack.

MMM/3M
Oh, so you asked my persmission/preference knowing you intended to be rude regardless of my preference. Isn't that just a version of trolling?

I'll reciprocate and call you BS. That's fair.

Garbage, Mr. BS. I attended college. I'm very close with government employees in my personal and work environments. And homosexuals, African-Americans and Jews are sacrosanct in all federally funded (state) schools.

Smearing people with 'Anti-Semite' is devoid of value and a media programmed tactic, plus probably from a seminary programming policy where students are taught the myth of Jewish persecution as subtext-agenda #1. They're some of the most privileged people on Earth, enjoying the protection of Christian-Zionists who don't understand that most are proud of their beliefs in communism, hedonism for the masses, gun control, infanticide, homosexual marriage. It's not hateful to allow them their identity.

We prep because it goes along with our values, standards and beliefs (and scripture), which is different than you made it sound. Even you couldn't deny that those behaviors are under attack in a thread about those values being under attack.

If Soros, Bloomberg, Feinstein, Boxer, Waxman, Wasserman-Schultz, Rangel all are the most prominent gun control activists, it isn't hate to point out their commonality. If Kagan, Breyer and Ginsberg all voted as a block on the SCOTUS to approve homosexual marriage and they have something in common, it isn't hate to point it out. It's just embracing their nature. And I'd bet that almost none of them are Semites. If even one of them has more than 10% maternal Semite DNA, it would be Earth shattering news to them. Why don't Christians know that then? They should, because it's the truth. Don't misunderstand me, the Christian-Zionist is what is holding us back, more than any other group. The ordinary Christian is not doing the damage that the Zionist-Christian is doing. They're destroying what they're supposed to love.

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Before this devolves any farther.................

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.