Prepared Society Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Jack of all trades?
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fella bought it as "retirement present" to himself in 2005. He only put 106 hours on it in 11 years. Kept under a carport.

He passed on, & his widow called the dealership to come pick it up & sell it on consignment. I got it for what I think was a very fair price.

I have had it a month now, and have it up to 130 hours on the clock now. WOW, it's amazing how fast projects can be "sped up" with the right piece of equipment!

My 1964 Industrial 2404 is still a bit beefier & heavier, but not by much. It's just so old & needs so much work all the time - it needs to go in the shop and become a year long project combining it with another International 404 utility tractor & "make one good out of two bad" tractors.

Attachments

·
Rookie Prepper
4,106 Posts
Congratulations!
Compact Utility Tractors are so handy.
Not real familiar with the Branson brand. How many HP in that one?

·
I love the smell of Argon in the morning
2,850 Posts
I'm jealous, looks really good!

·
I sold my soul to the internet
2,121 Posts
Nice, looks like a good toy... I mean tool for the farm.;)

I am getting a new gift when I retire.
A new truck just before I retire, then a new or good use tractor when I retire, which I will leave to my son alone with the farm, orchard & garden.

·
Not new, just older
791 Posts
Welcome back LT, wondered where you've been!

Nice looking piece of equipment there. Just remember it is called a front end loader for a reason. I spent a couple of years working on tractors and don't have enough fingers and toes to count the broken mounts, and engine/trans cases that people broke trying to use the loader as a bulldozer blade.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Yeah, I've wondered where you've been but then I figured that maybe you are spending your time better by doing something rather than sitting on your butt fiddling with a computer, as I'm guilty of doing. However, I am getting our den painted, about time, my wife says its been ten years since I sheet rocked it.:dunno:

·
322 Posts
I fell sorry for the retiree who was only able to put 100 hours on his hour meter. My little John Deere of the same vintage just hit 1012 hours (I retired in 2005). I can't believe how much simpler my life became. The wife, who was somewhat skeptical of my purchase) seems to find many projects to be done. Best of luck!

·
Jack of all trades?
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hahaha! Thanks all!

The seat is there, it's just adjusted all the way down.
It was also slid pretty far forward; must've been a short person who owned it last. I'm 6'3" and had to raise it & slide it all the way back, & it's still snug.

It's got a 1.7 liter Cummins A1700-N2 diesel engine, 35 HP at 2600 RPM. It's got WAAAAAYYY more torque than a tractor this size can handle, and it's over 4000 lbs as you see it with the loader on. I'll be adding lots & lots of weights/ballast. The next model up is the same frame, but turbocharged (40Hp).... I CAN'T imagine why - - must for PTO work that needs lots of power?

Yes, the loader is NOT a bulldozer, LOL! I wish new owners of small tractors would take a 2 hour course in proper operation practices before being allowed to buy one. I do have a 5' box blade that gets used as a bulldozer, but still not in an abusive fashion.

I have been very, very busy. My wife left me this time last fall & was married again just a couple months after the divorce was final in January. I sold the 4bdrm house in town (2600 sq ft) and bought a nice 34' 5th wheel RV and moved it out to my "B.O.L." Life is SOOO much nicer in the country!

I'm in the process of building a steel bridge over the creek (it's over 30 foot wide at flood stage) and adding a 16' x 24' addition to the cabin, to bring it up to 584 sq ft total. Once it's done I'll sell the RV and start building a 1400-1500 sq ft house.

·
Rookie Prepper
4,106 Posts
I do have a 5' box blade that gets used as a bulldozer, but still not in an abusive fashion.

I'm in the process of building a steel bridge over the creek (it's over 30 foot wide at flood stage).
Just don't back up with that box blade on the ground. If it snags and you don't catch it immediately, plan on your 3PH lift arms getting bent (don't ask how I know :eek: ).

Any details or pics of your bridge would be nice. Thinking of doing the same over mine which is about the same width.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts