Another New to the Forum from Oklahoma

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by sorcerer, Nov 16, 2010.

1. sorcerer

sorcerer New Member

I am new to this forum, but have been prepping for a few years about when Mother Earth News came on the market. Look forward to hearing new ideas and sharing some.

And in case that didn't give away my age I have a 40 yo daughter. And twenty 22 yo grandson.

2. preparedrvnvet

preparedrvnvet New Member

hi

Welcome Sorcerer...lots of us old folk here...don't feel bad about it! (lol)

3. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

Vol1 Iss1 of Mother Earth News (back b4 it 'sold out') came out in January of 1970... I have a bunch of them with the crappy, heavy-paper covers & ugly-as-sin pastel coloring :lolsmash: lots of good stuff in there...

P.S. I was only born in 1984

:welcome: to the forum

4. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

... and I am a young old guy ... daughter is 25 and grandson is 5 ... and I am not even 40 yet ...

5. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

that Age of Consent being 15 in Canada biting you on the ar$e? :lolsmash:

at that rate, you'll still be able to play catch with your great, great grandchildren :2thumb:

6. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Welcome, sorcerer, from another oldie-but-goodie! All I'll say is among my early memories is watching JFK's funeral on a snowy black & white TV.

Glad to have you with us!

:)

7. HozayBuck

HozayBuck Well-Known Member

BLOB!! you were born in 84?? hahahahahha, I have a pair of hunting boots I bought in 73 when I lived in Alaska!! and after 3 sets of heels and soles they are still good as new... your a puppy dude!! lol....

Now me?? I'm old.. remember the part in the good book where the head dude said "LET THERE BE LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!"... I'm the one who flipped the switch on!...
    And I used to love ME magazine back when it was just a rough paper mag put out by a bunch of hippies.. but then it got slick and filled with advertising and went down hill... too bad it was way cool...

Wellcome !!!

8. mdprepper

mdprepper I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...

:welcome: to the forums!

9. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

My grandpa is still alive and kickin' at 94+ (he'll be 95 next spring) and still driving and enjoyin' life to the fullest. How many ol' guys have a son, a grandson, a great granddaughter and a great-great grandson???

In ten years, I might be a great-great grandfather ... and that would be before I am 50!

10. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Alright ...:gaah:... I'm not telling my age ...dang it ...

And Welcome!

11. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

Come on Andi, we don't keep secrets from each other :D

:welcome: sorcerer. Share what you know. Ask what you don't. :wave:

12. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

WELCOME, :welcome:sorcerer from a long time preparer. Look forward to your replies and posts.

13. catsraven

catsraven Meoww

All right all you youngsters lol. I never had any kids but if I did I would more than likely be a grandmother. Kid would be in there 30s.
    :welcome: sorcerer.