Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum, but have been prepping for a few years about when Mother Earth News came on the market. Look forward to hearing new ideas and sharing some.

And in case that didn't give away my age I have a 40 yo daughter. And twenty 22 yo grandson.

·
Registered
0 Posts
hi

Welcome Sorcerer...lots of us old folk here...don't feel bad about it! (lol)

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
Vol1 Iss1 of Mother Earth News (back b4 it 'sold out') came out in January of 1970... I have a bunch of them with the crappy, heavy-paper covers & ugly-as-sin pastel coloring :lolsmash: lots of good stuff in there...

P.S. I was only born in 1984

:welcome: to the forum

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
... and I am a young old guy ... daughter is 25 and grandson is 5 ... and I am not even 40 yet ...

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
... and I am a young old guy ... daughter is 25 and grandson is 5 ... and I am not even 40 yet ...
that Age of Consent being 15 in Canada biting you on the ar$e? :lolsmash:

at that rate, you'll still be able to play catch with your great, great grandchildren :2thumb:

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Welcome, sorcerer, from another oldie-but-goodie! All I'll say is among my early memories is watching JFK's funeral on a snowy black & white TV.

Glad to have you with us!

:)

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Vol1 Iss1 of Mother Earth News (back b4 it 'sold out') came out in January of 1970... I have a bunch of them with the crappy, heavy-paper covers & ugly-as-sin pastel coloring :lolsmash: lots of good stuff in there...

P.S. I was only born in 1984

:welcome: to the forum
BLOB!! you were born in 84?? hahahahahha, I have a pair of hunting boots I bought in 73 when I lived in Alaska!! and after 3 sets of heels and soles they are still good as new... your a puppy dude!! lol....

Now me?? I'm old.. remember the part in the good book where the head dude said "LET THERE BE LIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!"... I'm the one who flipped the switch on!...
And I used to love ME magazine back when it was just a rough paper mag put out by a bunch of hippies.. but then it got slick and filled with advertising and went down hill... too bad it was way cool...

Wellcome !!!

·
I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...
1,799 Posts
:welcome: to the forums!

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
that Age of Consent being 15 in Canada biting you on the ar$e? :lolsmash:

at that rate, you'll still be able to play catch with your great, great grandchildren :2thumb:
My grandpa is still alive and kickin' at 94+ (he'll be 95 next spring) and still driving and enjoyin' life to the fullest. How many ol' guys have a son, a grandson, a great granddaughter and a great-great grandson???

In ten years, I might be a great-great grandfather ... and that would be before I am 50!

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Alright ...:gaah:... I'm not telling my age ...dang it ...

And Welcome!

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Alright ...:gaah:... I'm not telling my age ...dang it ...

And Welcome!
Come on Andi, we don't keep secrets from each other :D

:welcome: sorcerer. Share what you know. Ask what you don't. :wave:

·
Meoww
643 Posts
All right all you youngsters lol. I never had any kids but if I did I would more than likely be a grandmother. Kid would be in there 30s.
:welcome: sorcerer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts