Another Canuk

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by SaskBound, Feb 12, 2010.

1. SaskBound

SaskBound Well-Known Member

Hello, folks!

A thirty-something gal from Alberta, Canada, here. Been living the boy scout motto all my life; learned it from my parents. Those few extras in the pantry have gotten me through a number of rough patches already, and my husband sees the utility of always having a bit extra (or maybe more than a bit, lol) put by. We have acquired some land in Saskatchewan, have started planting some fruit and nut trees (we'll have to start in on the shelter belt one of these days), and are reading up on animal husbandry and biding our time till the transfer goes through. Eventually, we're aiming for an off-grid homestead and producing the majority of our own food, but it'll be baby steps and a steep learning curve, I'm sure

Looking forward to a community of like minded folks who don't think we're crazy :)

2. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

:welcome: Share what you know. Ask what you don't. :wave:

3. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

You are crazy, but, we might still love ya anyway ..

Hello from Calgary

4. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

:welcome:WELCOME, SaskBound from a long time preparer. Look forward to your replies and posts.

5. SaskBound

Do folks from this board ever meet up? We're not that far from Calgary right now, and it'd be kinda cool to actually meet some folks in person...

6. NaeKid

I meet two other members of the board here very regularly, I would love to meet TwoLittleFishies and her family (and chickens) - we have a new member who I don't think has posted yet (just PM's to myself) that is based in Cochrane and I know where you are - I visit your town fairly often for the OffRoad Expo that happens every year there ...

I would be willing to meet up for a meet-n-greet with anyone that is interested - and - as posted on another thread, the first beers would be on me ...

7. SaskBound

Do the Cochrane folks own a related business? I may have met up with them before.

Fire me a note if you're going to be in my area, for sure :)

8. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Hello & Welcome. :wave:

9. NaeKid

Yes - they supply all kinds of Long Term Storage (LTS) foods as well as containers and a bunch of other stuff as well. I haven't met them yet, but, I did find their website just prior to them becoming members here ..