Prepared Society Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I loved this, one of my employees sent this to me, the study was fun to read - most are pretty dry as you might imagine... I spend most of my time in dry, opaque articles about the inconsistencies of electron spin states and decoherence timing of entangled particles. So keep my normal work related reading in mind, maybe you wouldn't find this as fun as I do.

Study Name: Quantifying expert consensus against the existence of a secret, large-scale atmospheric spraying program

Link to the full study (PDF):
http://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1748-9326/11/8/084011/pdf

co-author Ken Caldeira said:
I felt it was important to definitively show what real experts in contrails and aerosols think. We might not convince die-hard believers that their beloved secret spraying program is just a paranoid fantasy, but hopefully their friends will accept the facts.
Chemtrails, in case you didn't know, are defined as chemical-laden vapor trails dispersed throughout the sky by covert government operatives. Conspiracy theorists believe the United States is either modifying the weather or committing biowarfare on its citizens. According to an international study conducted in 2011, approximately 17 percent of people support the existence of a secret large-scale atmospheric program.

co-author Steven Davis said:
We wanted to establish a scientific record on the topic of secret atmospheric spraying programs for the benefit of those in the public who haven't made up their minds. The experts we surveyed resoundingly rejected contrail photographs and test results as evidence of a large-scale atmospheric conspiracy.
The new study-the first of its kind-is a survey of the world's most respected atmospheric scientists, and was published this week in Environmental Research Letters. Participants included atmospheric chemists who know a lot about things like contrails, and geochemists who study the ways chemical structures affect our climate and Earth. One of questions asked was: "Have you, in your work or personal life, ever come across evidence that you think indicates the existence of a secret large-scale atmospheric spraying program?"

Out of the 77 experts who replied, 76 said they'd never found evidence of a government chemtrails program. Participants were also shown photos taken from conspiracy sites, and were made to answer two things: Whether they thought the image showed a chemtrail, and what other causes might explain the phenomenon. Lastly, experts were asked to review several material samples that are used as "evidence" of chemtrails among theorists.

What the survey revealed was that, categorically, scientists do not believe that sound evidence of chemtrails exists in academic literature. Furthermore, not a single expert believed that any of the photos revealed a chemtrail.

In regard to the samples, the group of scientists was slightly more divided. Between 80 and 89 percent of respondents said the material samples could not be explained by chemtrails using Occam's razor. Another 39 percent said they would need more information to make any sort of definitive conclusion. Among the experts who did offer an analysis, most said the samples showed pretty normal stuff, like sludge, sediment, and dust.

As for what chemtrails really are, the explanation is quite rational. Most scientists believe that climate change, in addition to changing aircraft technologies, is likely causing vapor trails to persist longer than they used to.

Ken Caldeira said:
Despite the persistence of erroneous theories about atmospheric chemical spraying programs, until now there were no peer-reviewed academic studies showing that what some people think are 'chemtrails' are just ordinary contrails, which are becoming more abundant as air travel expands.
More aritcles:
https://scholar.google.com/scholar?...ved=0ahUKEwj51_Pf29XOAhVImx4KHR3ZBrUQgQMIHDAA

Disclaimer: I am not a scientist involved in climate/meteorology or any related field. I am an engineer involved with quantum communication technology.
Also, I should point out that most scientists in most fields have a sense of humor, but they do get annoyed pretty easily.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
"Out of the 77 experts who replied, 76 said they’d never found evidence of a government chemtrails program."

I would like to read the info from expert 77 just for craps and grins. But then that's kind of how I am.

While I personally don't put much credence into the chem trails theory, weather control, HAARP machines, cloud seeding or the possibility that tin foil hats will block alien brain scans I sure cant prove it doesn't exist by any means.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"Out of the 77 experts who replied, 76 said they'd never found evidence of a government chemtrails program."

I would like to read the info from expert 77 just for craps and grins. But then that's kind of how I am.

While I personally don't put much credence into the chem trails theory, weather control, HAARP machines, cloud seeding or the possibility that tin foil hats will block alien brain scans I sure cant prove it doesn't exist by any means.
I would guess that he didn't feel there was enough data to formulate an opinion - at least not an opinion with which he was willing to go on record.

I have a rather well known physicist that I have dealings with in my line of work. Some of the technology we're attempting to create is what they call "bleeding edge" tech, the scientist will not go on record supporting our tech, because there isn't enough evidence that the experimental technology will work. In other words, he does a lot to help us get through the math, helps us model the experiment and create the plans for the tech - and he really thinks it is a viable thing - but if he goes on record and is wrong ... his reputation would take a hit and he's no longer be able to get some of the grants and funding he needs to do his research.

Really, it is pretty weird working with those guys and gals, some times it is a laugh riot and other times you want to just scream at the top of your lungs and jump up and down. :nuts:

·
Registered
759 Posts
Do mean mean to tell me that Bigfoot is NOT flying UFOs around up there spraying mind control chemicals into our stratusphere?

Are you a .gov infilltrator?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts